Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who in the front office keeps yapping to the press?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    Remember scoffing at the thread I started months ago after I had a conversation with a certain ex GM who said that inheriting Eli would possibly chase away potential head coaches?

well Iím told that is exactly what is happening right now

the NY Giants offered Matt Patricia the job and he has not accepted

Iím also hearing that McDaniels is not interested in inheriting Eli

shall i I pull up that thread ?
    OH PLEASE NO. At least until I can get emergency services alerted
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post

How can you live in 2018 america and have the thought process that nobody from a billion dollar organization can do something stupid, corrupt or self serving?

I wish we lived in the world you do where everyone is a well behaved, stand out individual. Cause we all know nobody from a corporation has ever been accused of being a rat and leaking information for self serving purposes...
      You completely missed my point, but I'll spell it out, and once again with zero sarcasm intended:

Why would any fan concern themselves with the inner workings of the team to the point that they're screaming about "rats"? If this is where you are as a fan, it would probably behoove you to take a few steps back and get away from the team for a little while, because you are obviously WAY too into the whole thing. Stuff like this shouldn't bother ANY fan, and it sounds to me like this crap is keeping some of you guys awake at night.

Maybe I'm reading the overreactions wrong, but I dont think I am. They'll hire the coach. Its not the responsibility of any fan to worry about who is supposedly "leaking" information.
      The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Remember scoffing at the thread I started months ago after I had a conversation with a certain ex GM who said that inheriting Eli would possibly chase away potential head coaches?

I remember. I agreed with you then, and still agree with you now.

I'm 100% certain that to those with a competely detached outlook, Eli is a big part of the problem with this team. The inherent drama associated with him due to fan outrage(ie...the "benching") is not worth dealing with.
        The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Considering that most of the crap the press had been reporting has been exposed as BS...

No Matt Patricia, No Flowers asking out of a game.....

meh
          Long Live the King

Comment

Then get rid off Eli, I love him, but if no one wants the job because of him, it's pretty obvious that he needs to go, it's not like Eli can play 5 more years anyway. BTW, we have the number 2 pick in the draft to pick a new QB.

I can't believe that John Mara is so much in love with a player that he is actually hurting the franchise long term. What an idiotic decision.

Comment

This is a ridiculous thread that deals in the assumption that the articles written about the front office coaching search are truthful.
              Football Is Family - Treasure Every Sunday Watching The New York Giants With Your Family. Nothing Better Than That!!

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                I think that the press makes up half of this stuff
                Yeah exactly. The media likes hyperbole and fluff. First Patricia is going to Giants. Next, Pat Leonard says the Giants have fallen out of favor and are being spurned by Patricia to Detroit and McDaniels to Indy. So an agreement between Detroit and Patricia is ok due to tampering now? WTF?

Also, name a better job than HC of NY Football Giants. Work in the best metropilitan area for the Mara family for a storied franchise. Things may look down but we have a good young core, the #2 pick and a good GM.

Patricia is a NY native, RPI grad and ex ĎCuse coach. Have fun in Detroit. I am not particularly fond of Belichick assistant coaches anyway. Bloated value. Belichickís coaching tree: Al Groh, Bill OíBrien, Jom Schwartz, Eric Mangini, Romeo Crennel, Charlie Weis, Josh McDaniels and Matt Patricia is unimpressive.

I think Shurmur or Wilks will be the better choice anyway. As far as coaching leaks, I donít care. If you chose Detroit or Indy over Giants, bye! Theyíll be back suckling Bill teets in 2 years. Our scouting and management needs to keep draft, personnel decisions, etc in house.

As far as news goes, who knows what is true? Half the stuff is redacted or apologized for. Most of it is embellished. Whoever passes on Giants is an idiot I think.

If Patricia and McDaniels are indeed leaning elsewhere, Gettleman should cut off all communications with their agents. Want to go elsewhere? Fine? Any offers and communications for NY Giants Head Coaching job are hereby rescinded.

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

You completely missed my point, but I'll spell it out, and once again with zero sarcasm intended:

Why would any fan concern themselves with the inner workings of the team to the point that they're screaming about "rats"? If this is where you are as a fan, it would probably behoove you to take a few steps back and get away from the team for a little while, because you are obviously WAY too into the whole thing. Stuff like this shouldn't bother ANY fan, and it sounds to me like this crap is keeping some of you guys awake at night.

Maybe I'm reading the overreactions wrong, but I dont think I am. They'll hire the coach. Its not the responsibility of any fan to worry about who is supposedly "leaking" information.
                  Now this explanation makes much more sense. Your other post came off much more like you didn't think any leaks were real or happening etc.

Btw, I could care less about this leak stuff. So I'm not one of the people flipping out over it. This is happening to every corporation in this country right now. Our own government can't keep a lid on information.

This is what happens when a country puts money before people or morals. Loyalty doesn't exist in a world that revolves around money. It never has and it never will.
                  Last edited by AGiantDynasty; 01-15-2018, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X