Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give me a 3-13 season + 2nd pick over FS whiffing on Diggs to lose playoff at last second

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me a 3-13 season + 2nd pick over FS whiffing on Diggs to lose playoff at last second

Of course Id rather have a winning season and the playoffs. But a heartbreaking loss like that reverberates for years usually with the players, coaches and team. It gets in your head. No way they shouldve won on that play what amounted to basically a hail mary. Youve got to be kidding me. I feel bad for 39 year old Drew Brees-not too many rodeos left for him.

99 times out of 100, Id take the playoffs. However a brutal loss like that, is just the worst. Id take our season over the Saints. As Giants fans wed had plenty of heartbreak. I think the 2003 playoffs vs San Fran was one of the worst. Maybe you disagree. Losing sucks but losing like that is painful.

Anyway, things are on the up and up here. Cant wait to see Gettleman weave his magic. Go Giants!

Saints fans are going through what we did after the SF loss in Jan. 2003. I would STILL rather be in the hunt. But that had to hurt badly.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

UUUGGGH would hate to be them tomorrow morning, or in a week from now, or 6 months from now, ..... it will never go away. Trey Junkin still haunts me once in awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Eazy E View Post
        UUUGGGH would hate to be them tomorrow morning, or in a week from now, or 6 months from now, ..... it will never go away. Trey Junkin still haunts me once in awhile.
        What the Saints went through is worse imo because they were pretty much booked into the nfc championship. Unreal ending.
        Last edited by jay051; 01-14-2018, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Hate to be the kid who whiffed on the tackle ,guys in the air no chance to make a move just get him on the ground and the game is over,this kid is gonna be a mess for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

What the Saints went through is worse imo because they were pretty much were booked into the nfc championship. Unreal ending.
            Haven't seen anything like that since the Immaculate Reception. That was a 1 in a 1000 play.
            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Williams, was his name But, seeing the replay his option was to push him out of bounds. There would have been 2 seconds left and a 47 yrd field goal attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Haven't seen anything like that since the Immaculate Reception. That was a 1 in a 1000 play.
                That was incredible. I want to blame it on modern players who want to blow people up rather than simply make a form tackle.
                I don't think that does it justice. It was a surreal moment, he came in at an odd angle with unusual timing and perhaps just one of those plays we will talk about for a while and that Saints fans will talk about for a decade or more.
                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Saints fans are going through what we did after the SF loss in Jan. 2003. I would STILL rather be in the hunt. But that had to hurt badly.
                  What about Tynes in OT vs. the Packers and SF in the hard-fought NFC championship games? It goes both ways.

Comment

Speaking of 3-13 and a top pick.... Jags last year were 3-13 with the #4 pick. There was hope...
                    http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

I rather be out of it than lose like that, since our season sucked, i knew the Giants were done week 5, the next weeks 12 weeks i was already in off season mode, losing the SB sucks, I still remember that burn more than winning 2007/2011..

Comment

Feel bad for the Saints safety who whiffed, but I really don't understand how the defensive coordinator even allowed him to be in that position. Even if he makes the hit, Diggs gets out of bounds with 2-3 seconds left and in FG range.

The deep corner route for a completion was the only way the Saints could lose that game, and yet they did a horrible job of defending the sideline (on the QB's right side as well). That kid shouldn't have been in a position where he was 1 on 1 with the receiver in that situation. There should've been another guy (a cornerback) running underneath Diggs on that play.

Comment

Close losses are always the worst. I was pulling for Brees and company....Oh well, now we only have one respectful QB in the SB hunt.

Comment

"Luckily" for me in January 2003 I was sitting in a ship in the Persian Gulf getting read to go to war, so I was lucky and missed that SF game. We should have won that one, terrible screw up by the refs. My worst playoff memory was the Vikings in 1997. The game was pretty much over, Cunningham drove down and scored, then onside kick, completed pass down the field, pass interference, game winning field. I remember watching that with my dad like it was yesterday.

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                            Speaking of 3-13 and a top pick.... Jags last year were 3-13 with the #4 pick. There was hope...
                            And the Rams had the worst O in the league, worse than ours this year actually and this year they had the #1. There is always hope to improve.

Here is the thing we have known this season was over for months now. Like week 4 we knew it was over. These guys were booking Super Bowl plans figuring they would roll through Philly and then a second later it is over. Devastating.
                            LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                            "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Come on man why did you bring up the SF game, Id rather you punch me in the sack

Comment

Working...
                              X