Owners let Gettlemen do the job.......A frustration post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owners let Gettlemen do the job.......A frustration post

I wish Tisch and Mara would please stay out of the gm business. Let the new GM do his job. Let him hire the coach he wants, let him keep, dump or trade the players he wants to. Stay out of the way!! He is here to do what he does best. If they interfere with every decision then this team will continue to run like a mixture full of bad ingredients.

How do you know that they are not letting him do his job?

Comment

Originally posted by CT-GiantsFan View Post
      I wish Tisch and Mara would please stay out of the gm business. Let the new GM do his job. Let him hire the coach he wants, let him keep, dump or trade the players he wants to. Stay out of the way!! He is here to do what he does best. If they interfere with every decision then this team will continue to run like a mixture full of bad ingredients.
      ... are you talking about a specific incident or just a general want?
      Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

Comment

No. I want to make it very hard on him......
        Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I agree, and I have posted multiple times that this would influence the number and quality of GM/HC candidates they would get. I dont understand how you hire a GM but insist on having the final say on HC. Let your football people do their jobs and if you dont like the results, get new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

I agree, and I have posted multiple times that this would influence the number and quality of GM/HC candidates they would get. I dont understand how you hire a GM but insist on having the final say on HC. Let your football people do their jobs and if you dont like the results, get new ones.
            Was something said? Are you referring to anything specific?
            Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

Comment

"If it wasn't for those morons on the Giants message board...we would already have our head coach in place".........Dave Gettleman.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                How do you know that they are not letting him do his job?
                he is psychic
                1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by andthewinneris View Post

Was something said? Are you referring to anything specific?
                  No, its just widely known that Mara and Tisch have the final say about who gets hired as HC. This can create a situation where the GM is not really the boss of the HC, and can create divisions - like what happened between TC and Reese in the last few years they were together.

I believe you hire a good GM and let him run the team and pick his people. That is not what the Giants owners do, and every potential GM and HC candidate knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    "If it wasn't for those morons on the Giants message board...we would already have our head coach in place".........Dave Gettleman.
                    Well at least he's a good judge of character.
                    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                    "No...I didn't."
                    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

So wait....not a thing has been done yet, but you're already mad about it?

Is this just a preemptive strike?
                      The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

I can't believe we didn't make the playoffs next year!!!
                          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                          "No...I didn't."
                          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

No, its just widely known that Mara and Tisch have the final say about who gets hired as HC. This can create a situation where the GM is not really the boss of the HC, and can create divisions - like what happened between TC and Reese in the last few years they were together.

I believe you hire a good GM and let him run the team and pick his people. That is not what the Giants owners do, and every potential GM and HC candidate knows it.
                            Thx at least someone gets it.

Thank you all for your get it or sarcastic comments. Yes Its a gut feeling because of the way the organization has been run as of late. Yes it is a preemptive strike get mad now but not surprised later. What's in the news about top targets prefering other destinations... Maybe Reese was just a puppet that did the owners bidding rather than being allowed to do his job.... Gettlemen accordingly wants Wilks but he isnt on the list. Only things Ive read.

FRUSTRATED

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

I can't believe we didn't make the playoffs next year!!!
                              Lol awesome !!
                              "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Working...
                              X