Owners let Gettlemen do the job.......A frustration post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

I can't believe we didn't make the playoffs next year!!!
    Now your thinking smart ;/

Comment

Yeah Mara....you and Tisch have some nerve wanting final say on who you employ!
      You guys are acting like you own the damned team!!!
      Who died and made you boss John?
      "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by CT-GiantsFan View Post

Thx at least someone gets it.

Thank you all for your get it or sarcastic comments. Yes Its a gut feeling because of the way the organization has been run as of late. Yes it is a preemptive strike get mad now but not surprised later. What's in the news about top targets prefering other destinations... Maybe Reese was just a puppet that did the owners bidding rather than being allowed to do his job.... Gettlemen accordingly wants Wilks but he isnt on the list. Only things Ive read.

FRUSTRATED
        At this point, I wouldn't believe anything that you read.

You have 2 morons from the Daily News out there just making stuff up at this point.

Comment

Look guys, I get it, we are in a different situation then we have been in. But let's keep in mind that the Giants have 4 superbowl championships, which is top 3 in the league, by running our franchise like this. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but we have gotten results from it.

2 heads are better then 1.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
            Yeah Mara....you and Tisch have some nerve wanting final say on who you employ!
            You guys are acting like you own the damned team!!!
            Who died and made you boss John?
            Hmm as a fan I believe I have the right to want the best for my team that I have watched for decades and attended many games. If I was the boss I would let my gm who I thought I hired him to shape this terrible team into a contender. To make tough decisions based on his experience and not just on what the owners want which isn't always the solid football move. Is Gettlemen just a secretary? If not then let him do his job. If status quo is acceptable let the owners make all the decisions. If we want this team to win again and consistently let a real football man handle the operation. This is my belief of the structure. Of course the owner should have some input but let the gm make the final decision that totally affects his job in the long run
            Last edited by CT-GiantsFan; 01-15-2018, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

You have 2 morons from the Daily News out there just making stuff up at this point.
              I guess your right I've been reading too much and all the talk shows and their opinions. But I also dont trust the structure right now till they show us something good. Good draft, good coaching hire, tough player decisions that may not be popular.

Comment

I can't find the article but it said that Mara in the interview admitted that he has last say on draft picks and he's responsible for hiring the coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post
                  I can't find the article but it said that Mara in the interview admitted that he has last say on draft picks and he's responsible for hiring the coaches.
                  If thats true then he hired a puppet

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

This is true. If Patricia has come to an agreement with the Lions at this point it is tampering. And if there is not an agreement about money and contract length, no one can really say he is definitely going there.

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
                      Look guys, I get it, we are in a different situation then we have been in. But let's keep in mind that the Giants have 4 superbowl championships, which is top 3 in the league, by running our franchise like this. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but we have gotten results from it.

2 heads are better then 1.
                      And how many rings does Belichick have? Sometimes one good head is better than 2 or more.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

And how many rings does Belichick have? Sometimes one good head is better than 2 or more.
                        I agree too many chefs in a kitchen thing

Comment

Hmm as a fan I believe I have the right to want the best for my team that I have watched for decades and attended many games. If I was the boss I would let my gm who I thought I hired him to shape this terrible team into a contender. To make tough decisions based on his experience and not just on what the owner want which isn't always the solid football move. Is Gettlemen just a secretary? If not then let him do his job. If you like the way this organization has been run which it sounds like then go ahead and let the owners make all the decisions. If you want this team to win again and consistently let a real football man handle the operation. This is my belief of the structure. If course the owner should have some input but let the gm make the final decision that totally affects his job in the long run
                          Im not responding until you take out the words that you put in my mouth!
                          "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

I wish Tisch and Mara would please stay out of the gm business. Let the new GM do his job. Let him hire the coach he wants, let him keep, dump or trade the players he wants to. Stay out of the way!! He is here to do what he does best. If they interfere with every decision then this team will continue to run like a mixture full of bad ingredients.
                            It's their team. John Mara has made a point of letting their GM and HC run the football operation. A decision for which he has been excoriated here of late. But they should be involved in the selection of those positions. There has been zero evidence I have seen that either Mara or Tisch have interfered with the GM or the Head Coach doing their jobs.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

No, its just widely known that Mara and Tisch have the final say about who gets hired as HC. This can create a situation where the GM is not really the boss of the HC, and can create divisions - like what happened between TC and Reese in the last few years they were together.

I believe you hire a good GM and let him run the team and pick his people. That is not what the Giants owners do, and every potential GM and HC candidate knows it.
                              They do let the GM pick his HC and they reserve the right to veto as any owner should.
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

They do let the GM pick his HC and they reserve the right to veto as any owner should.
                                You have first hand knowledge of this? Are you John Mara? If so Hi Mr. Mara

Comment

Working...
                                X