Scenarios: Handling of Eli Manning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenarios: Handling of Eli Manning

1st Option: Restructure Eli's contract. Not sure how plausible it is at this point, but I wouldn't mind seeing if he still had it for another year, this time behind a decent line.

2nd Option: Release Eli. After Keenum all but locked up his spot in Minnesota for next year, I would go after Teddy Bridgewater in a trade situation. After seeing the compensation for guys like Brisset & Jimmy G, I would offer Minnesota a 5th round pick in exchange for Bridgewater.
    Yes, I understand the injury history. It will definitely be a gamble, but we used a 4th on Nassib one year so I dont want to hear it.
    In this scenario we use a 3rd or 4th round pick to select Quinton Flowers, QB out of USF. Saquon Barkley with the #2 pick.

Quinton Flowers - QB USF 3rd/4th round

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz7l0Ow266U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps8l-4FyJB0

Saquon Barkley with the #2 pick.
    Last edited by Rush4Blitz2; 01-16-2018, 08:48 PM.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post
    1st Option: Restructure Eli's contract. Not sure how plausible it is at this point, but I wouldn't mind seeing if he still had it for another year, this time behind a decent line.

2nd Option: Release Eli. After Keenum all but locked up his spot in Minnesota for next year, I would go after Teddy Bridgewater in a trade situation. After seeing the compensation for guys like Brisset & Jimmy G, I would offer Minnesota a 5th round pick in exchange for Bridgewater.
    Yes, I understand the injury history. It will definitely be a gamble, but we used a 4th on Nassib one year so I dont want to hear it.
    In this scenario we use a 3rd or 4th round pick to select Quinton Flowers, QB out of USF. Saquon Barkley with the #2 pick.
    Im ok with option 1, but option 2 id first try trading Eli if not feasible to keep him and he wants to go, if no takers Id release him. But no way on Bridgewater, I am not a fan. Let our new drafted QB start

Comment

release Eli...draft a QB at #2 and let Webb and QB X fight it out. Bring in a vet who can mentor.

Comment

Eli has to start camp looking over his shoulder. Short leash
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Drop him off in some odd town in the mid west. No cell phone some change and no shoes. See if he finds his way home.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post
            Drop him off in some odd town in the mid west. No cell phone some change and no shoes. See if he finds his way home.
            There's an old joke with that scenario. Something like a doctor tells a husband that his wife either has VD or Alzheimiers. The guys asks how do I know which? The doc says take her far away from home and leave her there. If she finds her way home, dont sleep with her....

Comment

Release him and bite the bullet. Whoever gave him that no trade clause needs their head examined.
              If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
                release Eli...draft a QB at #2 and let Webb and QB X fight it out. Bring in a vet who can mentor.
                Most logical scenario

Bite the bullet and do it. It'll never be easy no matter when it happens.
                The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                  Release him and bite the bullet. Whoever gave him that no trade clause needs their head examined.
                  I'm not sure that Jerry has health insurance right now, so we may have to hold off on that examination
                  The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

I'm not sure that Jerry has health insurance right now, so we may have to hold off on that examination
                    Well Reese is on record to saying McAdoo is “the smartest guy in the room.”
                    I believe in some States that will get you locked up with a Straitjacket.

Comment

Well Reese is on record to saying McAdoo is “the smartest guy in the room.”
                      I believe in some States that will get you locked up with a Straitjacket.
                      Bellevue is definitely on alert

Comment

Keep Eli. Win Super Bowl (there, that ought to get some Eli haters undies in a knot...)
                        Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

Originally posted by CT-GiantsFan View Post

Im ok with option 1, but option 2 id first try trading Eli if not feasible to keep him and he wants to go, if no takers Id release him. But no way on Bridgewater, I am not a fan. Let our new drafted QB start
                          I hate to throw in this possibility - but what if Foles gets the Eagles their first S.B. trophy? Would Wentz then be available?

Comment

tried that with my mother-in law and figure if it was meant to be she would find her way back.

Comment

I would keep Eli and still add Teddy Bridgewater instead of draft a QB. Teddy is still only 25 years old, he is already familiar with Shurmur's Offense so Why Not! Bridgewater is a Free Agent so no need to trade anything for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X