Scenarios: Handling of Eli Manning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    .This team has to move forward and Eli makes that very hard. It's not Eli's fault really but he has to take some of the blame. .
    its partly his fault for still wanting to pay football?

come on man....

moving on is one thing and I tend to agree but his fault?

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

For the sake of the future of this team they have to let Eli go ASAP...either through trade or release. They need to move on. I say if they LOVE Davis Webb then give him the keys and let him develop on the field. If theyaren't sure at all then draft a QB at #2 and let Webb and the new guy fight it out.

This team has to move forward and Eli makes that very hard. It's not Eli's fault really but he has to take some of the blame. he did nothing to help this team win which is why we're in this position. He was 3-12 last year.

Can't say there is a huge risk in letting him go. It's the hard truth but it still has to be done.
      I think if they release or trade Eli we might see Geno back as a hedge against Webb and/or the QB at #2.

Comment

For the sake of the future of this team they have to let Eli go ASAP...either through trade or release. They need to move on. I say if they LOVE Davis Webb then give him the keys and let him develop on the field. If theyaren't sure at all then draft a QB at #2 and let Webb and the new guy fight it out.

This team has to move forward and Eli makes that very hard. It's not Eli's fault really but he has to take some of the blame. he did nothing to help this team win which is why we're in this position. He was 3-12 last year.

Can't say there is a huge risk in letting him go. It's the hard truth but it still has to be done.
        The only scenario where I see him moving on is if Rosen is drafted. Rosen is ready to play from day one so they would want to get him on the field in his first season. This puts Eli in a Kurt Warner scenario which he may not want.

If Darnold is drafted there would be some pressure on Eli but not to the degree of Rosen. Darnold is higher upside but would benefit from sitting a while also.

if itís Allen then Eli is a lock to play out he season. Allen another high upside guy but is the most raw and is not ready to play in the NFL.

The wild card is Davis Webb, but again Webb is another non-threat to Manning and they could happily sit him another season, but this time as the #2 and not languishing on scout team.

The real outside shot is if Jacksonville gets eliminated and They decide to ditch Bortles (who is a horrible passer - like truly bad. I have been watching Jax this year and Bortles is not worth another contract). If his happens, TC could come calling for Eli and Eli may make the decision for he Giants and OK the move.

Comment

What could we realistically get for Eli in a trade?

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

I think if they release or trade Eli we might see Geno back as a hedge against Webb and/or the QB at #2.
            By releasing Eli, they would have made the decision not to hedge at all. Why hedge if you have to take a cap hit with Eli? Might as well keep him.

I think it should be sink or swim with the kids.

Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue15 View Post
              What could we realistically get for Eli in a trade?
              Very little.

Comment

Very little.
                That's what I'm saying and if a team is smart and knows Eli wants to go there and not be here they're just going to wait for us to release him. This is what sucks. Sam Bradford had huge trade return and we're here getting nothing for Eli lol I know it's a dif situation and he was younger but still it sucks to think about that.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue15 View Post

That's what I'm saying and if a team is smart and knows Eli wants to go there and not be here they're just going to wait for us to release him. This is what sucks. Sam Bradford had huge trade return and we're here getting nothing for Eli lol I know it's a dif situation and he was younger but still it sucks to think about that.
                  Bradford is injury prone and I really don't think he's the right guy at all here.
                  If we want to start fresh....let's start fresh.
                  Frankly I'm not convinced that Davis Webb isn't the guy. He's as natural a passer as Rosen with a much better attitude and more athleticism.

Right now it's about coaching up whoever our QB will be. I see no reason that can't be Webb. Let him take his lumps as far as I'm concerned. that's what we did with Eli.

Comment

Bradford is injury prone and I really don't think he's the right guy at all here.
                    Frankly I'm not convinced that Davis Webb isn't the guy. He's as natural a passer as Rosen with a much better attitude and more athleticism.

Right now it's about coaching up whoever our QB will be. I see no reason that can't be Webb. Let him take his lumps as far as I'm concerned. that's what we did with Eli.
                    no way Bradford comes here. Gettlemen wont go for that IMO. Would be a dumb move
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
                      Where's the moderator? These Jimmie ray posts are outlandish. Can someone filter these out already?
                      Unfortunately, stupidity is NOT against the rules.

LoL.

In all seriousness, yes it makes it frustrating trying to have serious conversations...

People like Jakk, and all of his different personas make it challenging.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

The only scenario where I see him moving on is if Rosen is drafted. Rosen is ready to play from day one so they would want to get him on the field in his first season. This puts Eli in a Kurt Warner scenario which he may not want.

If Darnold is drafted there would be some pressure on Eli but not to the degree of Rosen. Darnold is higher upside but would benefit from sitting a while also.

if itís Allen then Eli is a lock to play out he season. Allen another high upside guy but is the most raw and is not ready to play in the NFL.

The wild card is Davis Webb, but again Webb is another non-threat to Manning and they could happily sit him another season, but this time as the #2 and not languishing on scout team.

The real outside shot is if Jacksonville gets eliminated and They decide to ditch Bortles (who is a horrible passer - like truly bad. I have been watching Jax this year and Bortles is not worth another contract). If his happens, TC could come calling for Eli and Eli may make the decision for he Giants and OK the move.
                        Darnold is the #1 guy I want.
                        Allen is the # 2 guy I want for the reasons you have outlined
                        Mayfield is the #1-#3 guy I want if that makes sense. I just love the guy and want him, but I think the other guys will be better.

If we have any of those three guys I do think Eli is here at least starting the Season at QB.

If we end up with Josh Rosen, then I think Eli is NOT here.

There really are a lot of decisions to be made and Gettelman along with our next HC (Shurmur?) will have some tough choices to make.

I get the feeling Eli will be here, but you never know...

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                          Looks like Eli will be the starter in 2018. The troll-gang can do nothing about it is hilarious.

It's like watching children get told Santa isn't real. Lol
                          As much as I want Eli gone, he's not going anywhere. I'm not getting my hopes up at all. Eli will be the starter on opening day. People who want Eli gone will be very disappointed.

Comment

Yeah no chance, I don't want him. Just saying it sucks teams were able to get picks for him and we can't get anything for Eli. It'd be huge if we could land some extra picks.

Comment

i think Eli is done and should no longer be on the team...but knowing how the giants operate they will keep him as the starter for 1 more year..in order for their plan to work they need to avoid any kind of controversy and not feed the media so they will NOT draft a QB with #2 pick. Instead they will try to trade down or draft the best OL. During the FA they will also go ALL OUT and SPEND $$$$$ on 1 and maybe 2 of the top OLinemen...Webb will be the back up. We all know Eli is no longer any good but as long as he manages games with an improved OL and doesn't totally bomb he will be around for another year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

As much as I want Eli gone, he's not going anywhere. I'm not getting my hopes up at all. Eli will be the starter on opening day. People who want Eli gone will be very disappointed.
                                just hope Gettlemen has some kind of performance understanding or ultimatum with Eli....
                                If he isnt getting it dine then another QB will be given a shot...
                                Of course I am assuming Webb or some other young QB.

Comment

Working...
                                X