Tom Coughlins Giants and why they beat Belichick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
    Without Strahan, Osi and Tuck in their prime, and the depth that Accorsi afforded him, Spagnuolo is garbage!
    Trent Dilfer is a SB winning QB .... it doesn’t change the fact that he sucked.
    Coaches get too much credit when they have great players, and too much flak from average fans when they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
      Personally, I think Spags and the rest of last years staff should go. If Shurmur does indeed get the HC job and hires Spags as DC, I can actually live with it. if Tom Quinn is retained as STs, I'll have a conniption!!
      How have we not waived a banner over the stadium telling Quinn to GTFO already is mind blowing and very concerning to me.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

How have we not waived a banner over the stadium telling Quinn to GTFO already is mind blowing and very concerning to me.
        All the coaches were essentially fired. “Free to look for other jobs” was just a nice way of saying it. Just have to make sure Shurmur doesn’t hire him

Comment

Was Carr even on the team in 2007? I believe he wasn't, maybe he is thinking of 2008? The Spags defense was simplified that season if I remember correctly, much more exotic in 2007 during the season and playoffs. Or maybe he's just going off of what he heard as well I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by nick030567 View Post
            Was Carr even on the team in 2007? I believe he wasn't, maybe he is thinking of 2008? The Spags defense was simplified that season if I remember correctly, much more exotic in 2007 during the season and playoffs. Or maybe he's just going off of what he heard as well I suppose.
            I think you're right nick. We had hefty lefty and Anthony wright as our 2nd and 3rd string qbs. Carr was the backup in 08.

Comment

[QUOTE=AGiantDynasty;n3061833]

Uh huh. Keep telling yourself whatever you need. Fact is, spags was the DC during the greatest defensive stand in
              Superbowl history against the best offense to ever play. Every coach needs good players, you would know that if you had any experience with the game.

Was accorsi calling the plays? Was Strahan telling the team to change the play based on Brady's pre snap reads and calls? No they werent. That was all spags.

Every single player on the teams defense stands up for spags being a main reason for the victory. But I guess you know more then the players right?

Brady and bill even gave the defensive gameplan huge credit for that game.

You people are either blind or clueless. Spags created the Nascar defense in specific reason to go after the Patriots. He literally created the defensive adjustment that was heralded for the reason their offense couldn't get going.

Trent Diller has zero to do with this discusson. His offense had ZERO to do with the Ravens success. The giants won both championships vs the Patriots with defense and a balanced offense. Not a 1 sided team that sucked on offense.

How an I blind? Spagnuolo’s resume’ of failure after his only successful coaching job in 07 speaks for itself!
              TC and Eli both used up whatever good will the Lombardi’s earned THEM, but Spagnuolo gets to rest on his laurels from SB 42 indefinitely?
              If you have to keep going back 10 years, to find the last time Spagnuolo had any success as a coach, the. I’m sorry, but you made my argument for me!

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

[QUOTE=bigblue58;n3062063]
                Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post

How an I blind? Spagnuolo’s resume’ of failure after his only successful coaching job in 07 speaks for itself!
                TC and Eli both used up whatever good will the Lombardi’s earned THEM, but Spagnuolo gets to rest on his laurels from SB 42 indefinitely?
                If you have to keep going back 10 years, to find the last time Spagnuolo had any success as a coach, the. I’m sorry, but you made my argument for me!
                Ridiculous. If Spags was as bad as you make him out to be, how come he wasn't fired? How come he was interviewed for the HC position?

Comment

[QUOTE=bigblue58;n3061819]
                  Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
                  Carrs remarks about spags are nonesense. The Nascar package was exotic and spags. Dropping osi or tuck occasionally in zone coverage is exotic. Showing a 7 man blitz then dropping into a 8 man zone is exotic. Not to mention his exotic blitzes.

The defense did exotic things and spags was the man that set it up. Carr is the only player to ever say anything so ridiculous. Every word at the time was that spags was in big control of the defense.

You guys wouldn't have celebrated the greatest championship in nfl history without spags. It's that damn simple. Show the man some respect and appreciation.

Macadoo lost this team which resulted in the CB fiasco. And please , tell me how the players responded when spags was named interim HC? They played with more passion and integrity then they did all season.

Stop using spags as the scapegoat. Haven't we learned that lesson? Coughlin, spags and Eli are the reason for our success and you people **** on all 3 of

Without Strahan, Osi and Tuck in their prime, and the depth that Accorsi afforded him, Spagnuolo is garbage!
                  Trent Dilfer is a SB winning QB .... it doesn’t change the fact that he sucked.

Spags has become one of the worst DC's in NFL history. His record of failure is literally unprecedented.

No DC has ever coached the worst defense in NFL history (New Orleans) and then went on to coach another defense that was the worst in team history. (2015 Giants)

This year was an improvement for Steve though...we were only SECOND last in defense.

In the real world, performance actually means something.
                  Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[QUOTE=moosedrool;n3062066]

Ridiculous. If Spags was as bad as you make him out to be, how come he wasn't fired? How come he was interviewed for the HC position?
                    ...By the same people who hired Ben McAdoo as our HC.
                    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                    X