X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat Shurmur named New York Giants Head Coach

It's official folks, has been announced on giants.com

http://m.giants.com/s/30842/380?item...35221284151380

I'm going to be positive and think this is going to be a good thing. Let's see what changes will be made to the assistant coaches & players.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantsFanFromNC View Post
      I'm going to be positive and think this is going to be a good thing. Let's see what changes will be made to the assistant coaches & players.
      Yep, we shall see...

Comment

Yippee....they officially hired the only guy left who would take the job NOT named Steve Spagnuolo!!
        How exciting?
        "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Its about time we have a HC with some real FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE. I was NEVER happy with McAdoo as the OC let alone the HC. Lets all give Shurmer our support and dedication. I Know he will succeed and bring the NY Giants back to Super Bowl Glory

Comment

UGH..

Comment

ok.....the new regime is getting set up. Lets see where it goes....
              Good luck Pat lets get this thing back to being competitive!!
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by nycowns View Post
                UGH..
                I agree. Would not have hurt to wait after the SB
                Football has been very, very good to us.
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE
                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Ok now the work begins

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

I agree. Would not have hurt to wait after the SB
                    why?
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by couchcoach100 View Post
                      Its about time we have a HC with some real FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE. I was NEVER happy with McAdoo as the OC let alone the HC. Lets all give Shurmer our support and dedication. I Know he will succeed and bring the NY Giants back to Super Bowl Glory
                      I Will give the coach my support but keeping my expectations tempered this time, I was so stoked when Mcadoo was first hired and we all know how that turned out...

Comment

How does everyone feel about Del Rio as DC?
                        Giants General Manager George Young recalls, "On his first day back, he wrote on our locker room chalkboard, 'The grass is greener, my butt. P. McConkey.' "

Comment

Originally posted by kissjrj View Post
                          How does everyone feel about Del Rio as DC?
                          Hmmm...im not sure but as long as Spags is not retained and we have a whole new coaching staff that in itself may be a good thing?

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post

why?
                            Schwartz? Maybe even Belichick. Long shots but Shurmur had no other option as of the hiring of Wilks by the Cards today. It would have hurt nothing to wait. Gettleman does not need Shurmur at the Senior Bowl. If that is the only justification for not waiting until after the Super Bowl that is not a convincing argument for not waiting.
                            Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

I hope a new set of eyes and staff will not be a " our line is good enough " Head in the sanders.
                              There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Working...
                              X