No announcement yet.

Pat Shurmur named New York Giants Head Coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I'm not especially excited about this new HC, I feel a lot better than I did when they foolishly hired McAdoo for that job.
    He seems like "just a guy" to me but maybe he will show some creativity and also be a great motivator.

Let's hope he is just what we need to break this ridiculous love affair with continuity and bring a new era of winning.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by kissjrj View Post
      How does everyone feel about Del Rio as DC?
      He has done well as DC but his defenses when he was the HC in Jacksonville and Oakland have pretty much stunk.
      Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post

Schwartz? Maybe even Belichick. Long shots but Shurmur had no other option as of the hiring of Wilks by the Cards today. It would have hurt nothing to wait. Gettleman does not need Shurmur at the Senior Bowl. If that is the only justification for not waiting until after the Super Bowl that is not a convincing argument for not waiting.
        no reason to wait. BB is going no where if he was really interested the Giants would know. Same with any other viable candidate. There was no one left to interview
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post

no reason to wait. BB is going no where if he was really interested the Giants would know. Same with any other viable candidate. There was no one left to interview
          I don't see Bilichick coming here, especially if he wins the SB, don't think for one minute he and TB will not be looking for #7 before they both hang it up

Comment

Ok but if Belichick "retires" in two weeks things will get real ugly for this organization amongst the fan base and in the media. Would be an epic disaster.
            Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

Ok but if Belichick "retires" in two weeks things will get real ugly for this organization amongst the fan base and in the media. Would be an epic disaster.
              like I said if BB wanted to be the next coach of the NYG Mara would know.
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I felt better about this before yesterday's *** kicking at the hands of our biggest rival. We're going to be eating their **** for years. I have a Jim Fassel feeling here which is not the worst thing in the world I suppose.

Comment

As a long time fan of the giants as well as our MB, I donít post much. I often just read and reflect buutttttt... Letís go fellas!!! Turn up time!!! Iím beyond excited, I canít wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

I don't see Bilichick coming here, especially if he wins the SB, don't think for one minute he and TB will not be looking for #7 before they both hang it up

Lol. Not sure that matters as much as you are assuming.

Comment

Schwartz? Maybe even Belichick. Long shots but Shurmur had no other option as of the hiring of Wilks by the Cards today. It would have hurt nothing to wait. Gettleman does not need Shurmur at the Senior Bowl. If that is the only justification for not waiting until after the Super Bowl that is not a convincing argument for not waiting.
                      The Wilks decision was likely made because Shurmur told them he was going to accept the Giants job. If Schwartz was a legit option, they would have figured out a way to interview with him during the bye week. The BB thing was amusing to think about it, but let's get real, that wasn't going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by StompYouOt View Post
                        I felt better about this before yesterday's *** kicking at the hands of our biggest rival. We're going to be eating their **** for years. I have a Jim Fassel feeling here which is not the worst thing in the world I suppose.
                        how about the rest of the Viking's season? That means nothing?

Comment

like I said if BB wanted to be the next coach of the NYG Mara would know.
                          Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by StompYouOt View Post
                            Fassel actually owned Philly early on through 2000 or so.

Comment

The entire Bill thing was nonsense from the start. the only way he would ever come here (And I truly believe he would love to) is if he was the GM as well.
                              That's what he is in NE. He's not leaving that to just be a head coach.
                              He runs the Pats football operation.
                              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post

Agreed.
                                100%. Either BB was not interested or the Giants were not interested. There's plenty of ways that they can connect "off the record" or thru other people to negotiate at least a handshake deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X