Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High risk but high reward?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • High risk but high reward?

    We are in a great position with the second overall pick, with lots of great players, a franchise quarterback maybe, Barkley hopefully. Their is a guy that tore his knee up pretty good couple years back thatís still young, decent game manager with good accuracy, Teddy bridgewater. Iím sure he can be had for cheap, let him and Webb develop with shurmur. Draft Barkley and online from their on out. High risk high reward, I know. If and only if his knee can hold up, I believe it would be a good addition. Another risky addition but low cost would be tyler eifert. When healthy yet again, the dude can ball. Evan and Tyler with Beckham plus shepp would be nasty......on paper, add Barkley and teddy b and a decent online, offense would be pretty rock solid. Bust my balls, winter blues are here, but sounds pretty damn nice to me (if) itís the high reward side.

  • #2
    If they went with Barkley and then a OL with their 2nd pick I would have no problem. If there is another RB that seems like a top prospect trade down and try and get another 2nd rd pick. (kind of dream scenarios with trading down).

    Disagree with both Bridgewater and Eifert. But understand the Bridgewater idea cause he's young and familiar with Schurmur. But we got Engram who is a better and younger Eifert. Why bother with him ? But I like your low cost idea to try and find talent. We'll see who else breaks loose.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
      If they went with Barkley and then a OL with their 2nd pick I would have no problem. If there is another RB that seems like a top prospect trade down and try and get another 2nd rd pick. (kind of dream scenarios with trading down).

      Disagree with both Bridgewater and Eifert. But understand the Bridgewater idea cause he's young and familiar with Schurmur. But we got Engram who is a better and younger Eifert. Why bother with him ? But I like your low cost idea to try and find talent. We'll see who else breaks loose.
      There are several really good running backs we can get in the second round (Michel, Guice, Chubb, Jones, and Johnson, to name a few). In fact, they're all projected to go in the very early second round in a lot of mock drafts. Why? 'cuz nobody's going to use a first-round pick on them.

      Hmmm.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

        There are several really good running backs we can get in the second round (Michel, Guice, Chubb, Jones, and Johnson, to name a few). In fact, they're all projected to go in the very early second round in a lot of mock drafts. Why? 'cuz nobody's going to use a first-round pick on them.

        Hmmm.
        Can't forget my dude Damien Harris from Bama.... There are a ton of awesome rbs available in the 2nd and 3rd. Id be thrilled with Chubb, Guice, Michel, Harris, Freeman, or Penny
        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

          There are several really good running backs we can get in the second round (Michel, Guice, Chubb, Jones, and Johnson, to name a few). In fact, they're all projected to go in the very early second round in a lot of mock drafts. Why? 'cuz nobody's going to use a first-round pick on them.

          Hmmm.
          Josh Adams
          There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

          Comment


          • #6
            Teddy Bridgewater is an injury waiting to happen.

            And reports are that he is still slated as the Vikings future qb.

            To say he can be had cheaply is not correct imo. He will require picks and a 17 to 20m contract.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

              Can't forget my dude Damien Harris from Bama.... There are a ton of awesome rbs available in the 2nd and 3rd. Id be thrilled with Chubb, Guice, Michel, Harris, Freeman, or Penny
              Damien Harris is going back to school.

              Comment


              • #8
                We just saw a squeak of what Gallman can do, and it looked very promising.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

                  Can't forget my dude Damien Harris from Bama.... There are a ton of awesome rbs available in the 2nd and 3rd. Id be thrilled with Chubb, Guice, Michel, Harris, Freeman, or Penny
                  Penny runs too high with less power than you would expect given his size. His speed and vision are impressive, but he'll go down on first contact too many times in the NFL.
                  I like Guice & Chubbs if we go RB later in the draft.
                  Quinton Flowers QB USF in the 4th or 5th

                  I also made a thread last week about possibly bringing Bridgewater on board. I like his risk/reward number.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post
                    Teddy Bridgewater is an injury waiting to happen.

                    And reports are that he is still slated as the Vikings future qb.

                    To say he can be had cheaply is not correct imo. He will require picks and a 17 to 20m contract.
                    Not really. ACLs are contract killers for young players. The LG learned their lesson after RG3.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                      We just saw a squeak of what Gallman can do, and it looked very promising.
                      I agree. Would love to see what he can do behind a semi-competent O-line.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Eli has led us where past few seasons? End of career. Eli has been great and serviceable, but his time has come. Eli is just as a risk as bridgewater imo. Bridgewater will need a prove it deal. His knee injury is risky yes, but if all good to go then itís a steal. If you donít think a rb is a game changer then look at zeke and the cowboys. They were nothing without him behind that (great) offensive line. Eli is done. Guy throws ducks and at invinsable receivers. Hears the footsteps of getting beat up while sleeping. Barkley and maybe teddy b. Online draft and fa, line backer, and a cb. If Eli sucks once again next year, guess we have a top 5 pick. Evan, Ellison, and eifert would be a nice trio of TE. Giants have a great opportunity this offseason to regain some ground with or without Eli!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post

                          Penny runs too high with less power than you would expect given his size. His speed and vision are impressive, but he'll go down on first contact too many times in the NFL.
                          I like Guice & Chubbs if we go RB later in the draft.
                          Quinton Flowers QB USF in the 4th or 5th
                          We already have a mid-round draft pick at QB.

                          I also made a thread last week about possibly bringing Bridgewater on board. I like his risk/reward number.
                          Well his reward must be in the stratosphere considering his risk after THAT injury.

                          If the Vikings were even semi-confident that his injury was fully healed, then you would have seen him late in the season over Case Keenum. The reports are already out that the Vikings are looking to unload him. Not a great omen.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Vikings did not wanna mess up the chemistry with case Keenum and rest of team. All Iím saying is if the price was right then pull the trigger. Itís a what if, but donít think giants wanna be in that position, which if they stay with Eli, their in the same boat, but his health is the only thing he has going for him. Loved Eli through all his moments, good and bad, the guy is done.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post

                              Damien Harris is going back to school.
                              As Clay Davis would say...... SHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTT

                              He was shaping up to be my favorite RB after Barkley... Guess im on the Guice, Chubb or Michel train
                              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X