Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gettleman: "With the 2nd pick, we're going to take the best player"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Harooni View Post

    the kid looks good , i like his soft hands as well . at #2 i dont think he will be best available, we have gallman who is a similar build. would like a bigger back to complement him.
    My god... I'd never suggest taking Ballage at #2. Which is why I wrote, "I'd take him in the 3rd or 4th round (if available)."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

      My god... I'd never suggest taking Ballage at #2. Which is why I wrote, "I'd take him in the 3rd or 4th round (if available)."
      i know i was agreeing with you. i dont think you take him at #2 trade out and maybe. but with qb prospects in this draft its not possible to not have a qb to pick at #2.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

        Cleveland is in a unique situation where they have passed the last 2 years on QBs that have turned out to be stars. If they have a QB they love, they will take him at 1 to ensure they get that exact guy. Hopefully...that is Allen!

        But yes, Barkley is the best player in the draft and the only guy thats close at his respective position is Quenton Nelson.
        Unless the Giants talk Cleveland into believing that Barkley won't be there at 4. Which is what Gettleman is trying to do.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

          I have said time and time again I would draft a QB. I dont even think Eli should be here in 2018 which I have also said many times. Just pointing out other options. And are you around Bridgewater daily? How do you know that the injury is affecting him? Because late in the year it was being said all over that is Keenum slipped up that Bridgewater may have taken the job as he was looking great in practice.
          I don't know, I think actions speak louder than words and the Vikings actions last week in activating Sam Bradford from IR (at a cost of waiving a tight end who their OC liked so much he claimed him on waivers the same day he got his head coaching job) said to me that they are no true liking where Bridgewater is right now.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Harooni View Post
            ...but with qb prospects in this draft its not possible to not have a qb to pick at #2.
            Trying to understand what you're saying here. Are you saying that there will be a QB prospect to pick at #2?

            If so, of course I agree with that. I'm really just not sold on any of them to select at #2. I don't think they're worth it, IMHO. If I had a gun to my head and I had to pick one, I guess I'd go with Rosen but his injury and concussion history worry me.

            The way I see this playing out is Cleveland selecting Barkley or McGlinchey #1 knowing that at least two of the QB prospects will be there for them at #4.

            That means the Giants will have their choice of any of the QBs if they choose to go that route.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

              The way I see this playing out is Cleveland selecting Barkley or McGlinchey #1 knowing that at least two of the QB prospects will be there for them at #4.

              That means the Giants will have their choice of any of the QBs if they choose to go that route.
              Man, wouldn't that be nice. You couldn't ask for a better situation at this point.

              Comment


              • Gentlemen said elis performance against Phil wasn't a mirage.. Eli starting next year.
                shurmur is supposedly a qb guru, then webb should be the backup and starter once Eli moves on.
                those that say we don't know what webb is, are correct. however, the same applies to those coming out, we only have college footage and we have the same on webb. I think giants want to trade down and possibly take Nelson or they end up drafting Barkley.
                That's why we discuss, We all have different perspectives. Ride and Die with the NY Giants

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TEM View Post

                  It thought it was like 28 but it has been reported it is less then 23 . #2 pick may cost 5 million alone . 7 to 8 for draft picks , 5-6 for a buffer + 15 other roster spots to fill . not much IMO
                  Definitely need to make moves but the number two pick to trade jpp or vernon would make more team so tremendously worse. I think cut Marshall would save five mil.

                  Drc can get cut but at same time the was one of the few players that showed me consistent effort so I would rather not cut him. Maybe extend him a year to reduce his cap hit... Idk

                  I would rather just cut jpp and take the cap hit then using the number two pick to trade him . I was never happy with that contract .As much as I liked jpp when he was younger I never thought of him as a top 3 dend... Then he blows his hand off and they pay him this ? Reese really was betting it all on this season and it backfired so much .


                  But trading one of those two this offseason is like priority 12.

                  But would i trade jpp and #2 for number 5 and a second round pick + 1st & 2 round next year ? Yes if they draft chubb

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Down-lifer View Post
                    The best player at #2 is Barkley, and no one is even close. Unless the Browns draft him first.
                    CORRECT !

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by futurewebb View Post
                      we are a team stuck in QB hell..... huge contract , no trade clause-declining aging
                      BINGO !

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by flimflam View Post
                        Darnold has the highest celing and should be the #2 pick, but I am OK with taking Barkley. If we can trade down and get Barkley and Mayfield somehow, then I'd be ecstatic. Rosen, no thanks. He’s probably rhe kost NFL ready QB, but his makeup and injury problems worry me. Not sure if he can handle the NY media either.
                        how the hell do you plan to get two first rounders by trading down? you realize if we trade our #2 pick that doesn't mean we're getting two first round picks in the 2018 draft. maybe another one in 2019, but not 2018. not to mention barkley is most likely getting taken by cleveland either at #1 or #4.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                          Harris
                          Vereen
                          Marshall
                          Herzlich
                          Richburg
                          Geno Smith

                          Don't know what the savings is but those guys are gone.
                          They are all free agents except for Marshall and Harris. I think between those two, about 8 million in savings. 5 mill for Marshall and 3 mill for Harris
                          Long Live the King

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

                            They are all free agents except for Marshall and Harris. I think between those two, about 8 million in savings. 5 mill for Marshall and 3 mill for Harris
                            Dammit.
                            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                            "No...I didn't."
                            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by giants8493 View Post

                              Definitely need to make moves but the number two pick to trade jpp or vernon would make more team so tremendously worse. I think cut Marshall would save five mil.

                              Drc can get cut but at same time the was one of the few players that showed me consistent effort so I would rather not cut him. Maybe extend him a year to reduce his cap hit... Idk

                              I would rather just cut jpp and take the cap hit then using the number two pick to trade him . I was never happy with that contract .As much as I liked jpp when he was younger I never thought of him as a top 3 dend... Then he blows his hand off and they pay him this ? Reese really was betting it all on this season and it backfired so much .


                              But trading one of those two this offseason is like priority 12.

                              But would i trade jpp and #2 for number 5 and a second round pick + 1st & 2 round next year ? Yes if they draft chubb
                              We need to get rid of JPP or Vernon, ( It is known I am a fan of both) . It is reality they are 2 cap vampires. Those 2 contracts for DE that can not put the QB on his back are killing the rest of the team.
                              There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by TEM View Post

                                We need to get rid of JPP or Vernon, ( It is known I am a fan of both) . It is reality they are 2 cap vampires. Those 2 contracts for DE that can not put the QB on his back are killing the rest of the team.
                                They are both overpaid right now and yes eventually that will need to be addressed. Just don't get your hopes up that this will happen this offseason.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X