No announcement yet.

Giants looking to sign G , Norwell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 seems a lot of money considering he only started what, six games? If he wants that much I don't see it happening. If they can get him in at a bit over the deal Jerry got then great.

Comment

Originally posted by Essex Blue View Post
      6 seems a lot of money considering he only started what, six games? If he wants that much I don't see it happening. If they can get him in at a bit over the deal Jerry got then great.
      how much is too much? you have somewhere else you need to spend the extra 1 on? who is so important that you let your best OG leave? If they are going to pay an extra 20% premium on a guy, let be an Oline guy that e1 likes!

Comment

Let Pugh and Richburg go. Resign Fluker. Sign Nate Solder and Andrew Norwell.

Comment

Originally posted by Elidagoat713 View Post
          Let Pugh and Richburg go. Resign Fluker. Sign Nate Solder and Andrew Norwell.
          that would be nice . we need a C though

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

how much is too much? you have somewhere else you need to spend the extra 1 on? who is so important that you let your best OG leave? If they are going to pay an extra 20% premium on a guy, let be an Oline guy that e1 likes!
            They've only got a finite amount of cash to rebuild an OL and a linebacking corp. 6 seems a lot of money to me. What was Fluker's injury record in San Diego?

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post

that would be nice . we need a C though
              Jones played well enough to be our starter
              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Norwell will command something around 5yrs/60mil. He is coming off an all-pro season and is only 26 years old, guys like that get PAID. But, it would be money well spent. I'd give him 12mil/yr over giving the oft-injured and slightly above average Pugh 8-10mil/yr. He will give this OL a nice cornerstone piece on the interior to build around.

Round 2 pick - Norwell- Jones- Fluker- Flowers

Hope a guy like McGlinchey, Brown or Williams fall to the top of round 2, although I like Tyrell Crosby as a LT prospect at the top of round 2 as well, draft a guy with G/C versatility in the mid rounds (I like Will Clapp from LSU), and let Wheeler and Flowers battle it out at RT. Also wouldn't hurt to add another late round prospect- I think Will Richardson from NC ST seems like a Gettleman guy. Very talented, can play G or RT.

Comment

Gettleman is going to have to trade out some contracts.

Can't rebuild the OL with pricey free agents and keep Eli and JPP and Vernon and pay OBJ followed by Collins.

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

Jones played well enough to be our starter
                    ? say what? you mean vs eliminated teams? no no. all this talk by fans about all we need is an oline we cant have jones starting. good bench guy .

Comment

With the crop of interior guys in this draft I would not spend too much on OGs in free agency. Obviously if we can sign Fluker and Norwell that would be great, but don't break the bank to do so. I think getting LBs in here is more important. The less holes we go into the draft with the better though. Signing an OT, if one is out there should be #1 priority though. I like Wheeler and Biz, maybe Flowers on the RT but we really need help there and doubt we find much in the draft.
                      LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                      "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

I know a lot of you on here don't like Pugh but what are the chances we can resign , Pugh , Fluker and sign Norwell??

LT??? (worst case Flowers again) lg Norwell C- Jones RG-Fluker RT- Pugh ?

Comment

Pugh and Norwell would be so awesome. An interior with those two and Brett Jones feels like it would be pretty imposing.

But it's likely if Norwell is a real target, we're letting Pugh walk. A shame if that's how it plays out, really like the guy, always felt like a true Giant, and I appreciate his high level of play and versatility.

Comment

So Gettleman signed Norwell as an undrafted free agent at Carolina but the only way he will be able to build the line as Giants GM is with overpriced FAs or early draft picks? I'm not buying it.

Something tells me Dave might find another gem somewhere in the later rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                              He is very good. liking the ideas coming.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-g...eman-114205855
                              Did you watch tape on him too?

Comment

No Surprise, Gettleman found him so yeah I'm sure he will probably be Gettleman's #1 Free Agent Target

Comment

Working...
                                X