Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants looking to sign G , Norwell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    As long as they bring in a number of viable players that actually have a chance to be starting caliber guys so they can compete and mix around the unit until they find something that works. Going into another year with Flowers as the unchallenged LT would be a huge disappointment.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
      We sign Norwell and Fluker then we wont have to get an og in the draft..... even there are ALOT of good ones. Im torn on what i want us to do. Fluker and Norwell are both damned good, but Nelson Hernandez and Wynn look sooooooo good
      You need depth

      Comment


      • #33
        if we can fill some of the holes via FA, we can use the draft to bolster our defense. Line backers and Corners.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by JimFassel69 View Post
          Norwell will command something around 5yrs/60mil. He is coming off an all-pro season and is only 26 years old, guys like that get PAID. But, it would be money well spent. I'd give him 12mil/yr over giving the oft-injured and slightly above average Pugh 8-10mil/yr. He will give this OL a nice cornerstone piece on the interior to build around.

          Round 2 pick - Norwell- Jones- Fluker- Flowers

          Hope a guy like McGlinchey, Brown or Williams fall to the top of round 2, although I like Tyrell Crosby as a LT prospect at the top of round 2 as well, draft a guy with G/C versatility in the mid rounds (I like Will Clapp from LSU), and let Wheeler and Flowers battle it out at RT. Also wouldn't hurt to add another late round prospect- I think Will Richardson from NC ST seems like a Gettleman guy. Very talented, can play G or RT.
          Agreed, Norwell would be a real good piece to add to the puzzle, but the man is going to get paid a lot. He deserves to get paid.

          We we were supposed to be abut $24 million under the cap, but that is without paying for our own Free Agents.

          DRC could be a goner, Dwayne Harris will be gone, Brandon Marshall, so there could be some cap savings there.

          Hopefully we can get him, and still have some room.

          but the first thing thing I would do is get a good O-Line put together as quickly as possible, and draft a QB in Round 1. Start the re-build/re-load there. A Good O-Line will set the pace for the entire team.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by JimFassel69 View Post
            Norwell will command something around 5yrs/60mil. He is coming off an all-pro season and is only 26 years old, guys like that get PAID. But, it would be money well spent. I'd give him 12mil/yr over giving the oft-injured and slightly above average Pugh 8-10mil/yr. He will give this OL a nice cornerstone piece on the interior to build around.

            Round 2 pick - Norwell- Jones- Fluker- Flowers

            Hope a guy like McGlinchey, Brown or Williams fall to the top of round 2, although I like Tyrell Crosby as a LT prospect at the top of round 2 as well, draft a guy with G/C versatility in the mid rounds (I like Will Clapp from LSU), and let Wheeler and Flowers battle it out at RT. Also wouldn't hurt to add another late round prospect- I think Will Richardson from NC ST seems like a Gettleman guy. Very talented, can play G or RT.
            12m a year for a G would be insane.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Harooni View Post

              that would be nice . we need a C though
              These things.

              And then draft Billy Price 2nd rounder for center. Guy looks like best lineman in draft imo.

              Comment


              • #37
                DRC has one year left on his contract.
                ​​​​​Just because we want Norwell, doesn't mean we will sign him.
                There is alot of teams that have alot more cap money.
                A trade down to get a extra second round pick., would be awesome.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post

                  These things.

                  And then draft Billy Price 2nd rounder for center. Guy looks like best lineman in draft imo.
                  I love Price and I donít think Jones is the long term solution at C.

                  Price might not make it to us in the 2nd round

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by PRGiant View Post

                    12m a year for a G would be insane.
                    Its not ideal, I'd rather pay premium money for a Tackle, but there aren't any good ones available. Norwell is the best guy out there.

                    Guards are getting paid these days. Look at the contracts that Trai Turner, Osemele, and Zeitler have received recently.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      how would anybody know that the Giants are looking to sign Norwell, wouldn't those intentions be something they would keep quiet so no other team would beat them to the punch....

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by TEM View Post
                        We need linemen. The more the better. Let them duel it out.
                        likin DG more and more thats 2 top 5 interior OL in 4 years,and what impressed me is when he said they were crying for a tackle in Carolina but the value wasn't there so he didn't reach,thats how you avoid picks like Flowers,hope we can afford this kid.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I am on the Solder-Norwell-Fluker train. Draft a RT in the middle rounds and a value Guard late as there are many good ones in this draft. Find a way to save money. Cut Jerry, Marshall and Harris first and foremost.
                          Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Norwell would be a great signing. I think him and Fluker would make a very solid set of guards. Jones is OK but I don't think he can be the starter. Find a real LT in the draft, and move Flowers to right tackle.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I bet Pugh ends up getting Guard money, would Norwell be the same price as Pugh? That's my only worry about this would be his cost.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                                We sign Norwell and Fluker then we wont have to get an og in the draft..... even there are ALOT of good ones. Im torn on what i want us to do. Fluker and Norwell are both damned good, but Nelson Hernandez and Wynn look sooooooo good
                                sign Norwell he's a better guard then pugh bring back Fluker to team with him and sign Pugh to go back to tackle or let him go,draft a guard and tackle need depth.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X