No announcement yet.

COACH SHURMUR'S FIRST PRESS CONFERENCE TODAY @ 11 AM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like him fine, just want him to succeed. Some guys talk big, some don't say much, Sunday afternoons will tell the true story of what we have. I will say I feel good about the DC and am now fairly certain Josh Rosen won't be coming here. His comment about young players saying "I don't know what I'd do if I wasn't playing football" as a perfect attitude for said young player, or something to that effect, almost seemed like a veiled "No Vote" for the QB who may not be that dedicated to football. I think that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

We may never know if he was the main course but I tend to believe that all of the NE coordinators hype was coming from thier agents to bust their clients up. I also feel we got the right guy. Only time will tell.
      Exactly if DG gets the talent in the trenches and some depth think they will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post
        It was a good press conference. He is a perfect fit for Eli Manning. He is leaps and bounds ahead of where McAdoo was and I also prefer his demeanour to Coughlins.

but in the grand scheme press conferences arenít worth much of anyhjbg
        Yup, I thought he had a pretty good presser.

Everyone is saying the right things, lets see what happens on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I like his college film.
          I like his arm strength. I like his release. I like his athleticism.
          I like that he throws the ball well in tight windows, which you don't see much in some of these guys film.
          I like that he drops the deeper balls well over defenders. That's a really important quality in the NFL.

You are certainly right that we can't know what he'll be in the NFL. But I don't see a lot more from this years prospects than I saw with Webb last year.
          In full agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

Exactly when he said how important it it to have believable play action that sold me,we haven't had that in years no one respects the Giants play action.
            Loved this too.

Comment

Originally posted by StompYouOt View Post
              I like him fine, just want him to succeed. Some guys talk big, some don't say much, Sunday afternoons will tell the true story of what we have. I will say I feel good about the DC and am now fairly certain Josh Rosen won't be coming here. His comment about young players saying "I don't know what I'd do if I wasn't playing football" as a perfect attitude for said young player, or something to that effect, almost seemed like a veiled "No Vote" for the QB who may not be that dedicated to football. I think that matters.
              I took it the same way--and it was music to my ears. I want players who LIVE for football on NYG.

Comment

I liked the press conference and Pat Shurmer seems poised and a no nonsense guy that is communicating that he cares for the players; wants the team to continually improve.

Seems that so far, things are running in a more professional manner with DG and PS than they were with the last regime.

I don't know if DG and PS will be successful but seems like they have their heads on straight and this isn't either one of their first rodeos in their positions. I like that and I also like their desire to "build and OLine and a DLine" as well as "clean slate moving forward."

Comment

Originally posted by StompYouOt View Post
                  You guys are reading way too much into this. Besides Mara has the final say on who they will draft. If Darnold is gone and he's not sold on a guy who's barely 6 feet tall and a guy who didn't even look that great in a weak conference then it's going to be Rosen. He's probably the most NFL ready QB in the class. Who cares if he doesn't live and breathe football as long as he's good at it.

As for the other guy who said that Eli is definitely coming back for another 2-3 years based on the press conference, you're delusional. Of course Shurmur is going to say nice things about Eli because he's currently the QB of the NY Giants and he saw how some fans basically had pitchforks ready to go when he got benched last season. What Gettleman and Shurmur say publicly and what they say behind closed doors might be very different things, plus for all we know they're trying to make Cleveland think we won't draft a QB so that they'll take Barkley #1 and give us the option of either Darnold or Rosen.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                    I liked his demeanor -- I would call it quiet confidence. He seems like a very competent and self-assured guy.

And, he didn't wear his Dad's suit, so that's a positive.

Of course, none of this means that he will (or won't) be a good coach. I do have a good feeling about him though ....
                    I'm with you on this one. He seems competent and I'm willing to give the guy a try. He has a good resume of getting the most from his players. There is a chance here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tito-Wooten View Post
                      ...Who cares if he doesn't live and breathe football as long as he's good at it...
                      From a multi million dollar franchise QB, drafted overall #2, he better damn well be obsessed with football and have bedsheets and pillow cases with tiny footballs on them. He better be liked and respected by his teammates with both the physical, mental tools and coachability of a top level prospect. If he isn't those things and more, you do not take him. Screwing up this pick could be disastrous for the franchise for the next 5-10 yrs. This isn't the time or place to take a gamble.

Comment

It was a Great Press Conference.
                        New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I like his college film.
                          I like his arm strength. I like his release. I like his athleticism.
                          I like that he throws the ball well in tight windows, which you don't see much in some of these guys film.
                          I like that he drops the deeper balls well over defenders. That's a really important quality in the NFL.

You are certainly right that we can't know what he'll be in the NFL. But I don't see a lot more from this years prospects than I saw with Webb last year.
                          I agree. And as I said before, they know just as much (if not a little more) about Webb as they do any of the QB in the draft. Who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post

Loved this too.
                            finally a GM and coach who will draft the trenches and do what ever it takes till it's right on both sides of the ball love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

We may never know if he was the main course but I tend to believe that all of the NE coordinators hype was coming from thier agents to boost their clients up. I also feel we got the right guy. Only time will tell.
                              Don't know about Matt P but something about McDaniels makes me think he would fold worse then he did in Denver here,not saying he won't be good for Indy just think that job is a better fit for him.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post

In full agreement.
                                I was reading an interview with Jim Zorn who helped Webb in the offseason last year to get ready for the NFL I think he touched on what held him back from getting on the field ,when he got him he had never been under center or made checks and line calls,had very little experience with audibles and reading defenses so in turn that slowed down his process of going through progressions,at that point mind you this was right before training camp he still had a long way to go,with a season under his belt and an off season to work on everything, they will see more of what he really is,last year it wouldn't have been fare to judge him before he had the knowledge and learned some of nuances of NFL QB play.

Comment

Working...
                                X