Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants owner wants Pat Shurmur to communicate to Odell Beckham ‘how we’re gonna act’ before talking deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

Did you experience any issues posting this?
    When I post I get the following message but the post still goes through:

error_x_while_saving_content

For edit, it goes through but I get this message:

error

error_information_x
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 01-29-2018, 11:36 AM.
    Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

• Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post

When I post I get the following message but the post still goes through:

error_x_while_saving_content

For edit, it goes through but I get this message:

error

error_information_x
      That's been resolved, thanks.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3781022

Excerpt: "John Mara said Friday that he wants to Odell Beckham Jr. to understand “how we’re gonna act” under new head coach Pat Shurmur before signing him to a contract extension.

“We’ll deal with that at the appropriate time, but that’s not necessarily right now,” Mara said after Shurmur’s introductory press conference of negotiating an extension for Beckham, 25, his star receiver. “I’ve said before many times that we want him to be a Giant, and we’ll get something done at some point in time. But I want first (for) Pat to sit down with him and them to have a good understanding about how we’re gonna act going forward. And I have a lot of confidence that that’s gonna work out well. But we’ll see.”

Mara’s lukewarm tone on Beckham’s future is noteworthy considering Beckham is entering the fifth- and final option year of his rookie deal and last offseason skipped all of the Giants’ voluntary OTAs in the offseason to make a point that he wanted negotiations on an extension to begin." Read more...
        Ok, I don't get this. This league is becoming a mess. They're going to tell this guy how to act I guess do to his canine impersonation but they'll allow an entire offense to put on a Broadway production ala Chorus Line in the end zone when they score a TD which in my mind is , TAUNTING ! How about this : You score a TD just hand the ball to the official and walk off the field with your teammates like true sportsmen. If you don't , you're team gets penalized for 15 on the kickoff. And there should be no misunderstandings about how to act with a rule like that in place.

Comment

• Originally posted by jomo View Post

I think you would be OBJ's dream coach.

This reference to "where are the rules" in defense of OBJ reminds me of yet another Seinfeld episode when George is caught having sex with the cleaning woman at work.

He incredulously asks his boss: Was that wrong? If I would have known that......."

After the end zone incident, OBJ hides behind (or you allow him to hide behind) "there are no rules governing these things?" In essence, you are asking "was that wrong?"

Worse he can't find it in himself to apologize publicly. You can call that immaturity. I wouldn't.
          Who would he be apologizing too? He said he regretted getting the penalty. The league sent out a notice saying they would let the players celebrate more. Have you or have you not seen a dog pee? If you have children, nieces or nephews they also have seen a dog pee. Little kids walk their dogs every day in this country. I've never seen one parent cover their child's eyes or told their kids to look away when their dog pissed or took a dump. I have never heard one parent say you aren't old enough to witness the dog taking a ****.

If you are offended it's because you've made up your mind to be offended.
          Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

I think you would be OBJ's dream coach.

This reference to "where are the rules" in defense of OBJ reminds me of yet another Seinfeld episode when George is caught having sex with the cleaning woman at work.

He incredulously asks his boss: Was that wrong? If I would have known that......."

After the end zone incident, OBJ hides behind (or you allow him to hide behind) "there are no rules governing these things?" In essence, you are asking "was that wrong?"

Worse he can't find it in himself to apologize publicly. You can call that immaturity. I wouldn't.
            LT had his dream coach with BB and Parcells as well.

Its funny how rules can be so lax when you have a player that can single handedly win you games.

Im sure you feel Gettlemen will make the right move. Lets see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post

Who would he be apologizing too? He said he regretted getting the penalty. The league sent out a notice saying they would let the players celebrate more. Have you or have you not seen a dog pee? If you have children, nieces or nephews they also have seen a dog pee. Little kids walk their dogs every day in this country. I've never seen one parent cover their child's eyes or told their kids to look away when their dog pissed or took a dump. I have never heard one parent say you aren't old enough to witness the dog taking a ****.

You must think that such antics deliver the experience many of us seek at an NFL game. If that is correct then I understand where you are coming from.
              It was contextually offensive as well since we were trailing by a couple of TDs at the time. That WAS the most important thing on his mind at the moment. lol

I have actually said several times here that what he does doesn't really OFFEND me but I am not a guy with 10 year old kids sitting next to me.
              If my 10 year old did that in a Pop Warner game I would pull them out and sit them for half a season.
              I wouldn't want my 10 year old (when I had one) taking his clues from OBJ.
              So, if we are going to make the games for just 50+ year old people, no impressionable ones invited, go for it.

He also attached the doggee wee wee to the NYG brand. Mara had a right to be upset, even if he never got an apology.
              Last edited by jomo; 01-29-2018, 05:12 PM.
              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

If I was his agent I would put all of OBJ's questionable outbursts and antics and even drops on a video clip and then cite how much time it took, then I would put all of his catches where he made Eli look good on a bad pass, displayed team spirit, said and did the right thing in the presser and then play it for the FO.

Then I would recite the offense's statistics with and without OBJ.

Leverage gone!

The idea that overzealous TD celebrations gives a FO leverage in contract negotiations with elite NFL players is quixotic at best. Not too mention that he endangered his career playing injured to help a struggling team.

OBJ should look to max out, break the bank, etc.
                he acts like a petulant child often and to the detriment of the team
                there's years worth of proof on that now

how well has the team done recently, with a broken locker room that ODB was no small part in making?
                he's the second coming of TO

I'd prefer, that if he cannot grow up, that the Giants leverage his skill set into draft picks

He behaves like a wanton jackass too often
                Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. MTwain

Comment

And during that game, no one saw a dog peeing
                  Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-29-2018, 05:51 PM.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

LT had his dream coach with BB and Parcells as well.

Its funny how rules can be so lax when you have a player that can single handedly win you games.

Im sure you feel Gettlemen will make the right move. Lets see what happens.
                    You ever heard the saying "everyone gets treated fairly but not everyone gets treated the same." this doesn't apply to 2 people on the Giants and I know you can guess who they are.

Comment

You must think that such antics deliver the experience many of us seek at an NFL game. If that is correct then I understand where you are coming from.
                      It was contextually offensive as well since we were trailing by a couple of TDs at the time. That WAS the most important thing on his mind at the moment. lol

I have actually said several times here that what he does doesn't really OFFEND me but I am not a guy with 10 year old kids sitting next to me.
                      If my 10 year old did that in a Pop Warner game I would pull them out and sit them for half a season.
                      I wouldn't want my 10 year old (when I had one) taking his clues from OBJ.
                      So, if we are going to make the games for just 50+ year old people, no impressionable ones invited, go for it.

He also attached the doggee wee wee to the NYG brand. Mara had a right to be upset, even if he never got an apology.
                      I didn't ever say the behavior was to be emulated or added value to the fans' experience. I did insinuate that the castigation was unwarranted. Kids often imitate animals, and adults imitate animals when entertaining kids. I've seen clowns act like dogs at Ringling's Brother's circus and send kids into hysterical laughter with not a parent in sight offended.

Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

• Remember the peeing incident was egged on by a president saying all people that dont stand should be fired. OBJ said in the postgame, "if people do are going to treat me like a dog I will act like one". IMHO he was taking this as a thread to him. Just like he took it as a threat to him when dudes brought a baseball bat on the field and said they were going to end his career,

When threatened he fights back, he is not one of those people that just let stuff go.

Robert Kraft will go all the way to the supreme court for his pride and joy Tom Brady. But the giants organization wont stand up for anyone. They let mcadoo end Eli's streak and then fired mcadoo the next day. They did not stand for eli, they did not stand for mcadoo. The owners wont stand up for their players. Kraft defends his 5 time SB deflate gate cheater... Mara let Mcadoo bench his 2 time SB champ mid season.
                        Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyDee View Post

Trade him to the Browns for their #1 and #4
                          please pass whatever you're smoking. even with OBJ's immense talent he's coming off a major injury and has only 1 year left on his contract. we'd be lucky to get a 1st and a 3rd for him. i can't even remember the last time a player was traded for multiple 1st round picks. herschel walker maybe?

Comment

I've seen clowns act like dogs at Ringling's Brother's circus and send kids into hysterical laughter with not a parent in sight offended.

I think you miss one important point. Clowns draw laughter because they are CLOWNS.

Mr Mara and some fans don't feel good about their team looking or acting like clowns or dogs.
                            Last edited by jomo; 02-03-2018, 08:31 AM.
                            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I think you miss one important point. Clowns draw laughter because they are CLOWNS.

Mr Mara and some fans don't feel good about their team looking or acting like clowns or dogs.
                              Its too bad that all the people on the team with respectable TD dances are not good enough to actually GET a TD.

Comment

So we do not want our WRs to act like clowns?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/o...d-celebration/

I wonder how steelers fans feel about sexually suggestive dances where there players dance like WOMEN..?

Thats right. They deal with it because their team wins. Even if someone is twerking like a woman in dance club its all right.

Comment

Working...
                                X