Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants owner wants Pat Shurmur to communicate to Odell Beckham ‘how we’re gonna act’ before talking deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

Exact opposite for me.

I found the dog antics an embarrassment. Not only because of the connotation, but his total disregard for the 15 yards he cost the team.

Against Carolina, he just lost his cool after being taunted. Truth is his coaches let him down that game.
    the entire coaching staff took a hands off policy toward OBJ and his childish antics and in choosing to handle him that way they created a monster they may not be able to handle....

Comment

• Good to hear. Beckham is a very talented immature self absorbed punk. His behavior at times has been a disgrace to this classic organization.
      Do you want your kid admiring this fool?
      Give me Julio Jones and Larry Fitzgerald type guys. Talent and class. The latter Beckham has zero of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
        Good to hear. Beckham is a very talented immature self absorbed punk. His behavior at times has been a disgrace to this classic organization.
        Give me Julio Jones and Larry Fitzgerald type guys. Talent and class. The latter Beckham has zero of.

Exactly:

I was appalled at the notion of him going to visit a kid dying of cancer. When he gave money to help finance the repair of youth football fields damaged by flooding. I was like WTF is he doing.

https://www.odellbeckhamjr13.com/pages/bio

"Is also involved with many amazing charities. Among them are organizations supporting breast cancer research, veteran outreach, and making children’s dreams come true with the Make A Wish Foundation. During games Odell often wears cleats to raise awareness and funds for the charities he supports. OBJ also impacts children’s lives through his football camps and positivity. Odell truly loves the opportunity to meet his fans and be a positive role model."
        Odell Beckham Jr. is also involved with many amazing charities. Among them are organizations supporting breast cancer research, veteran outreach, and making children’s dreams come true with the Make A Wish Foundation. During games Odell often wears cleats to raise awareness and funds for the charities he supports. OBJ also impacts children’s lives through his football camps and positivity. Odell truly loves the opportunity to meet his fans and be a positive role model.

What an *** hole
        There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

• Originally posted by TEM View Post

Exactly:

I was appalled at the notion of him going to visit a kid dying of cancer. When he gave money to help finance the repair of youth football fields damaged by flooding. I was like WTF is he doing.

https://www.odellbeckhamjr13.com/pages/bio

"Is also involved with many amazing charities. Among them are organizations supporting breast cancer research, veteran outreach, and making children’s dreams come true with the Make A Wish Foundation. During games Odell often wears cleats to raise awareness and funds for the charities he supports. OBJ also impacts children’s lives through his football camps and positivity. Odell truly loves the opportunity to meet his fans and be a positive role model."
          Odell Beckham Jr. is also involved with many amazing charities. Among them are organizations supporting breast cancer research, veteran outreach, and making children’s dreams come true with the Make A Wish Foundation. During games Odell often wears cleats to raise awareness and funds for the charities he supports. OBJ also impacts children’s lives through his football camps and positivity. Odell truly loves the opportunity to meet his fans and be a positive role model.

What an *** hole
          This is a mic dropping rebuttal to an idiotic post. Well done, sir.
          If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post

This is a mic dropping rebuttal to an idiotic post. Well done, sir.
            There is always the other side of the coin. Both need to be shown.
            There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
              Good to hear. Beckham is a very talented immature self absorbed punk. His behavior at times has been a disgrace to this classic organization.
              The irony of this post. SMDFH!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tito-Wooten View Post

please pass whatever you're smoking. even with OBJ's immense talent he's coming off a major injury and has only 1 year left on his contract. we'd be lucky to get a 1st and a 3rd for him. i can't even remember the last time a player was traded for multiple 1st round picks. herschel walker maybe?
                I was joking. I guess I didn't use the correct emoji

Comment

• Originally posted by appodictic View Post

So we do not want our WRs to act like clowns?
                  I have no idea what WE want and try really hard to not speak for others.
                  In answer to your question, yes, I do not want anyone on our roster or FO for that matter acting like clowns.

No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• Originally posted by jomo View Post

I have no idea what WE want and try really hard to not speak for others.
                    In answer to your question, yes, I do not want anyone on our roster or FO for that matter acting like clowns.

Thoughts on dirty dancing super bowl commercial? Clowns off the field vs on?
                    Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

• Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post

Actually I love OBJ and what he brings to the field and the WR position. All that talent though will be wasted if he doesn't help get this team Super Bowl trophies and if he cannot be a pro on the field my complaints will be stated until I get Super Bowl trophies. Again I did say I do not care what these idiot players do, just give me trophies. I am not talking about off the field issues as I pay it no mind. Look at Lawrence Taylor. I never let his off the field behavior bother me from a football perspective as he put trophies in the case. On top of that he was a pro on the field. If you are a pro on the field I won't say a word but the underlying goal is to get trophies so pro or unprofessional get me trophies or you are no use to me. What these fools do off the field is not my concern. If they break the law off the field they should be dealt with like any other human.
                      LT was pro on the field?? Hmm not no skirmishes, no tantrums on the sidelines, no going after the press. Okay. LT was a wrong example use. SMH

Comment

• Originally posted by appodictic View Post

Thoughts on dirty dancing super bowl commercial? Clowns off the field vs on?
                        You honestly can't tell the difference between that commercial and pretending your a dog peeing after scoring a touchdown???

Comment

• The moral responsibilities that you guys put on these players is hysterical

Are your own morals so angelic? Be honest, and expose your own hypocrisy. I freely admit that I did a whole lot of stupid **** when I was in my early 20's, which is probably why I dont give a damn if these guys have an occasional screw up(ie..penalty), because we were all young once.
                          The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post

Who would he be apologizing too? He said he regretted getting the penalty. The league sent out a notice saying they would let the players celebrate more. Have you or have you not seen a dog pee? If you have children, nieces or nephews they also have seen a dog pee. Little kids walk their dogs every day in this country. I've never seen one parent cover their child's eyes or told their kids to look away when their dog pissed or took a dump. I have never heard one parent say you aren't old enough to witness the dog taking a ****.

If you are offended it's because you've made up your mind to be offended.
                            Boom. There it is
                            The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post

Who would he be apologizing too? He said he regretted getting the penalty. The league sent out a notice saying they would let the players celebrate more. Have you or have you not seen a dog pee? If you have children, nieces or nephews they also have seen a dog pee. Little kids walk their dogs every day in this country. I've never seen one parent cover their child's eyes or told their kids to look away when their dog pissed or took a dump. I have never heard one parent say you aren't old enough to witness the dog taking a ****.

If you are offended it's because you've made up your mind to be offended.
                              I heard his response was he didn’t care if we were kicking off from the 5 because of his celebrations.

So I wouldn’t use the word offended because he has nothing to do with being offended.

It has everything to do with being frustrated that players today celebrate themselves at the expense of their team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

I heard his response was he didn’t care if we were kicking off from the 5 because of his celebrations.

So I wouldn’t use the word offended because he has nothing to do with being offended.

It has everything to do with being frustrated that players today celebrate themselves at the expense of their team.
                                If he said that then he needs to change that mind set real quickly this upcoming season. I'm not going to go nuts like some of you were with his antics but I do have a problem with him not caring about getting penalties that obviously hurts the team field positioning.

No way OBJ truly feels that way and it will show next season when he continues his historic pace of scoring tds.

Comment

Working...
                                X