• Show
Clear All

They have 22mil right now but...

They can save money with 4 pretty obvious moves IMO

5.16 mil cutting Marshall
    2.45 cutting Harris
    2.5 cutting Jerry
    1.25 cutting Armstrong

That right there is 12mil saved, giving them 34mil. Take out 10mil for the rookie class, and they have about 24mil to spend but they will only look to spend about 21-22mil of that to save money for in-season moves.

They can also save another 6.5 cutting DRC, although I'm not sure that is going to happen. It may have to happen if they feel that they need to prioritize upgrading the OL in FA.

If they really need money, they can re-structure Eli's cap number and save more money, but that would only delay the problem until next season so I don't think thats the greatest option at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Yes..the last 5 years have been SO good. Let's keep clinging to the past.
      How has the OL and GM been the last 5 years? The stuff that matters. You are completely clueless about what matters.
      Last edited by moosedrool; 01-26-2018, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

How has the OL and GM been the last 5 years? The stuff that matters. You are completely clueless about what matters.
        Do you have anything other than "you are clueless" and "you know nothing about football"?

If I'm going to argue with someone I'd prefer if that had a little imagination.

So please.....pick up your game.
        Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Do you have anything other than "you are clueless" and "you know nothing about football"?

If I'm going to argue with someone I'd prefer if that had a little imagination.

So please.....pick up your game.
          I come here to discuss football with people who understand the game. You have no idea how much you degrade this place. Your constant whining about Eli is at the 3rd grade level. Your defense of reese is almost as bad. Saying Barkley has no wiggle is even worse. Have a clue before posting.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

I come here to discuss football with people who understand the game. You have no idea how much you degrade this place. Your constant whining about Eli is at the 3rd grade level. Your defense of reese is almost as bad. Saying Barkley has no wiggle is even worse. Have a clue before posting.
            So that would be a "no?"

Comment

So that would be a "no?"
              Another stupid post. When will you ever contribute anything NFL meaningful here?

Comment

Originally posted by brownelvis54 View Post
                Former general manager Jerry Reese was not great at player procurement in his final years at the helm.

And based up the salary cap situation the New York Giants faces, he wasnít too proficient in finance either. According to the NFL salary cap evaluation site, Spotrac, Big Blue currently has $22,788,568 in available cap space. The teamís 2017 rollover cap was in the red at $-1,513,891.

With that amount of money, the G-Men will attempt to re-sign linemen Weston Richburg and Justin Pugh, as well as running back Orleans Darkwa and cornerback Ross Cockrell. Other free agents like running back Shane Vereen, guard D.J. Fluker and linebackers Jonathan Casillas and Devon Kennard are also in the mix......................................

https://gmenhq.com/2018/01/25/new-yo...p-wiggle-room/
                Re-sign: Cockrell, Fluker, and MAAAAYBE Kennard

cut: Jerry, Harris, Marshall, and wing

restructure: DRC
                Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Fluker, Casillas and Kennard are definitely worth resigning.
                  I'd rather see the money spent on Shepard as opposed to Casillas. Kennard has injury problems which should temper his contract a bit. Fluker is a definite; probably the highest priority of all our FA.

Comment

Originally posted by NorwoodBlue View Post

I'd rather see the money spent on Shepard as opposed to Casillas. Kennard has injury problems which should temper his contract a bit. Fluker is a definite; probably the highest priority of all our FA.
                    Boy I disagree. Casillas is a captian. He's a leader on defense. I wouldn't be heartbroken if any of these guys aren't resigned but Casillas is a good player. I definitely get the hesitance regarding his injury history...but he IS a good player.

Comment

Originally posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
                      Salary cap is not set in stone. Other projections have the Giants much closer to $30M. Cutting some folks moves the cap space up, depending on who they cut and how much dead money is involved. The Giants are currently in the middle of the league for cap space, so I think Gettleman can get some people.
                      30 million is nothing in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post

30 million is nothing in the NFL
                        I think $30MM puts us about in the middle. After we dump some contracts though I'm guessing we'll be closer to $45MM in cap space.
                        The problem is that we are a 3-13 team. We should have $100MM in cap space.
                        As you suggest, it's not a lot for a team that has needs like we do.

Comment

God you're a broken record.
                          For someone who posts so many times your football knowledge is very questionable.

Comment

Boy I disagree. Casillas is a captian. He's a leader on defense. I wouldn't be heartbroken if any of these guys aren't resigned but Casillas is a good player. I definitely get the hesitance regarding his injury history...but he IS a good player.
                            Casillas is horrible.Did you even watch him play this year? He would be the last person I would consider resign

Comment

Originally posted by Roundabout View Post

Casillas is horrible.Did you even watch him play this year? He would be the last person I would consider resign
                              OK Moosey.....

Comment

Working...
                              X