Keeping OBJ won't constitute a Super Bowl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

I figured that we are only talking about the Super Bowl era. Phillip Rivers, Tony Romo, and Drew Bledsoe are a few more current ones. All 3 of these guys might end up in the HOF one day. SBs are nice, but they don't make or break the greatness for a player IMO, especially when it is a team game.
    I agree. I love the idiots on here that try to denigrate a guy like Philip Rivers simply because he had the misfortune of spending his entire career playing for one of the worst organizations in the league.

Philip Rivers is the poster child for why Eli wanted nothing to do with the Chargers.
    Last edited by Bronxpinstripes; 01-28-2018, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

Just because he says he wants to be the highest player in the league doesn't mean he will get it. Of course all players want to be the highest player in the league. He's not the first and he won't be the last player to say this. No team is gonna pay a top tier receiver 28 million dollars annually. Just look at what the top receivers are making right now.
      I agree that he won't get it, but he's expressed his mindset on the matter and wasn't making a joke when he said it. So don't you think he believes it to be something he's going to aim for? If so, he'll want to find out by hitting the FA market because we won't give him anything close in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post

I agree that he won't get it, but he's expressed his mindset on the matter and wasn't making a joke when he said it. So don't you think he believes it to be something he's going to aim for? If so, he'll want to find out by hitting the FA market because we won't give him anything close in the meantime.
        He's going to need to put in a better performance than he did earlier this year if he wants the Giants to even CONSIDER that kind of money.

Comment

What about Julio Jones? He didn't blow a 28-3 lead last year. He almost sealed that game as a matter of fact with an acrobatic catch that only a few guys (odell being one of them) can make.

Comment

Oh wow, I didn't know people like you existed. I assumed everyone was caught up on the fact Odell came out saying he wants to be the highest paid player in the league.

Well welcome sir. Now you can understand where those numbers come from.
            Yeah, people like me exist. People that understand PR bull**** and how negotiations work. I would like to be the highest paid player in the world too, but sadly what I want doesnt matter, its what people are willing to offer, and no one is going to offer him anywhere near that. So maybe you should go back to the drawing board, form an argument that you can actually defend competently, and try again. You also still havent addressed the fact that his value is the lowest its ever been or what you think youre going to get for him in a trade when he has one year left and is coming off a fairly major injury that caused him to miss almost the entire season.

A quick look at your post history reveals you just really dont like Odell, which is fine, but just admit you dont like him and dont want him instead of this atrocious string of posts you keep trying to defend.

Comment

Why spend enourmous money on OBJ when the notion is very clear; elite WR's aren't winning Super Bowls.

Larry Fitz - 0
              Randy Moss - 0
              Antonio Brown - 0
              T.O. - 0
              Dez Bryant - 0
              Roddy White - 0
              Julio Jones - 0
              Calvin Johnson - 0
              Steve Smith Sr. - 0
              Andre Johnson - 0
              Brandon Marshall - 0
              AJ Green - 0
              Chad Johnson - 0

It seems that the teams who play as a team and don't have to force the ball to a specific guy to keep them happy are the ones winning it all. This makes a nice arguement towards using OBJ for trade to fill out our roster to become a complete team.

Thoughts?
              If you draft a wide out or an RB in the first round while your OL is subpar you are building backwards,these players all need one important thing is time to run there routes and time for the QB to get them the ball,one other thing helps to is being able to use play action,A lot goes into why the star WR doesn't have a ring.

Comment

Because the ability to build an elite team is exponentially reduced when paying top dollar for a singular player.
                It's hard to build a truly 'elite team' in the NFL because teams that are starting to get stocked with really good to great players start losing them in free agency to teams who are paying top dollar to have those singular players on their roster. Free agency makes the idea of building an 'elite team' virtually impossible.
                One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

you just as easily start a thread titled:
                  Not keeping OBJ won't constitute a super bowl.

either way the odds are in your favor, since SBs are so rare.

Silly premise.

Comment

Working...
                  X