Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants are Eli Manning's team again under Pat Shurmur, but drawing line in the sand with Odell Beckham Jr.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TEM View Post

So when Eli has a bad season , he has lost it. When he had a good one it was stat padding . got it. I will have to keep that in mind.
    4 out of the past 5 season Eli stinks you Eli homers are funny he had one good game this year and oh see Eli can still play. I get how this works 1 game out of 16 he's still good. 1 season out of 5 he's still good your a hypocrite.

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

2015 Eli was bad, worse than he was this year IMO. Jeez. Dont care what the statistics say, if it weren't for OBJ that would have been a horrible year for him.
      Agree to disagree. No way was he worse than this past season back then. You cant just throw for 35tds and have a bad season considering how bad the defense was and still being in alot of close games.

Was it better than 2011Eli?? Absolutely not but to say that he was bad??.... That's extreme imo. Even without OBJ's production he still threw for more tds than this past year.
      Last edited by jay051; 01-29-2018, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post

4 out of the past 5 season Eli stinks you Eli homers are funny he had one good game this year and oh see Eli can still play. I get how this works 1 game out of 16 he's still good. 1 season out of 5 he's still good your a hypocrite.
        Just a couple of "observations",1) you need to look up definition of "hypocrite".2) what is your definition of stinks as it relates to a QB,please explain what other QB has been given as little as Eli Manning to work with? 3) You all so seem to be one of the super elite fans that know that Eli is all so responsible for playing such bad Defense. Please enlighten us with you wisdom .....sir?

Comment

Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post

Saying he had a good year and he did in 15 is being a homer. Really you are that lame in you reasoning.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...15/passing.htm
          There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

Agree to disagree. No way was he worse than this past season back then. You cant just throw for 35tds and have a bad season considering how bad the defense was and still being in alot of close games.
            I dont think he had a bad year. It was a good year. Especially from Eli.

But check this out-

Eli Manning 4432 yards, 35 TDs 14 INTs
            Blake Bortles 4428 yards, 35 TDs, 18 INTs

Both very similar years.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

But check this out-

Both very similar years.

Bortles had a run game and a O line,Eli had nether.

Comment

Originally posted by G1.. View Post

Bortles had a run game and a O line,Eli had nether.
                You couldnt be more wrong.

Jags had the 27th ranked run game and a terrible OL (ranked 29th in sacks) and defense (31st in scoring defense).

Giants had the 18th ranked run game and an OL that ranked 4th in sacks and 30th in scoring defense.

So really, Eli had the better everything over Blake in 2015

The reason both those QBs had great numbers was 1 elite WR. Odell Beckham and Allen Robsinson.
                Last edited by TheAnalyst; 01-30-2018, 08:34 AM.

Comment

But check this out-

Both very similar years.
                  How many close games were the jags in that year?? Wasn't that the year he padded his stats??

Comment

You couldnt be more wrong.

Jags had the 27th ranked run game and a terrible OL (ranked 29th in sacks) and defense (31st in scoring defense).

Giants had the 18th ranked run game and an OL that ranked 4th in sacks and 30th in scoring defense.

So really, Eli had the better everything over Blake in 2015

The reason both those QBs had great numbers was 1 elite WR. Odell Beckham and Allen Robsinson.
                    Bortles had Hurns who had a monster year too iirc.

Comment

How many close games were the jags in that year?? Wasn't that the year he padded his stats??
                      Absolutely.

Bortles had Hurns who had a monster year too iirc.
                      Blake actually had a good year though that season. Hurns had that 1 good year and it was probably because Blake had his best year. The numbers were definitely inflated though.

Hurns would actually be a good pickup for the Giants. He would be cheap and his productivity should be much higher.
                      Last edited by TheAnalyst; 01-30-2018, 09:03 AM.

Comment

its really very simple.

Shurmur: "Hey Odell. I love your game and you are tops in the league. We want you as a Giant of course. Do me a favor though. Dont act like a dog pissing and keep the stupid **** to a minimum. Can you handle that? I hope so because if you dont you will miss playing time. The coaches and the FO run the team the players dont".

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                          its really very simple.

Shurmur: "Hey Odell. I love your game and you are tops in the league. We want you as a Giant of course. Do me a favor though. Dont act like a dog pissing and keep the stupid **** to a minimum. Can you handle that? I hope so because if you dont you will miss playing time. The coaches and the FO run the team the players dont".
                          See, that is what I thought I heard him say too!

Comment

Originally posted by acbleedblue View Post

I don't question his abilities nor his passion. However, I do question his maturity and his temperament. I also don't like his attention seeking antics. He is good at what he does but he also acts like a fool. That about sums up beckham, but I would say that at some point his foolishness will be more of a detriment than a help.
                            Attention seeking okay I agree to a certain extent but they all do it....or lets say majority. However big or small they all do it, after a sack, score, interception, TD pass, etc. etc all of them have that look what I just did behavior. IMO the good still outweighs the bad/foolish and until it doesn't I am good with him. We have bigger issues than OBJ and OBJ isn't even an issue. He is a baller so just pay the man. We didn't get to playoff or SBs not because of him that is for sure. He hasn't done the thing TO has done or Ocho or even AB for that matter. He has been our only offense in 3 years, I think he's earn a lil leash or rope or lee way.

Comment

But check this out-

Both very similar years.
                              I still think Eli is a good QB.

but the MacAdoo years were among his least impressive in terms of QB play. ALL the MacAdoo years, not just the tragedies of 2016 and 2017. Everybody including the Giants org got fooled by the pretty stats and Odell Beckham and they have now paid the price. I said back when Mac was hired I felt that offence basically neutered Eli.

To me it it is not a coincidence that the clutch play seems to have disappeared in conjunction with bringing in the “QB friendly” (that should really be STAT friendly) system of MacAdoo.

Much prefer the risk taker Eli and downfield attack. If they were adamant about firing Gilbride they should have just fired Tc at that time also. Keeping Tc should have meant keeping Gilbride.

Pretty sure Gilbride O would have looked pretty damn good with Beckham in it. Bad OL and ALL
                              Last edited by TE88; 02-13-2018, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

Pretty sure Gilbride O would have looked pretty damn good with Beckham in it. Bad OL and ALL
                                Not without a serious facelift as teams had started to figure out some of the option routes and bait Eli and his receivers. That offense had gotten stale...anyone remember "rocket?"

Comment

Working...
                                X