Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants are Eli Manning's team again under Pat Shurmur, but drawing line in the sand with Odell Beckham Jr.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by offingmoot View Post

Not without a serious facelift as teams had started to figure out some of the option routes and bait Eli and his receivers. That offense had gotten stale...anyone remember "rocket?"
    Which they would have. And teams didn’t have it figured out any more than they had any other O figured out. Every O is reinvented to a certain extent every offseason. Mainly, The players just got worse. That whole O is dependent on the X receiver and the Giants didn’t have one because Hakeem Nicks’’ legs disintegrated. Add in OL woes and you get what we got.

The MacAdoo O is the stalest O I have ever seen personally and that is not exaggeration. It was a bull**** “high efficiency” system that had only one concept: “get the ball to 13.” Hated everything about it.

Couldn’t stand when people thought some vast improvement had been made to Eli’s play because the INTs went down and the completion % went up. Dumb.

As a system to increase the QBs completion %, MacAdoos O was great. To actually compete in a football game it was the worst O I’ve ever seen.
    Last edited by TE88; 02-14-2018, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

Much prefer the risk taker Eli and downfield attack. If they were adamant about firing Gilbride they should have just fired Tc at that time also. Keeping Tc should have meant keeping Gilbride.

Pretty sure Gilbride O would have looked pretty damn good with Beckham in it. Bad OL and ALL
      You could never run Gilbrides O with this OL. They tried that in 2013 and it was a disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

You could never run Gilbrides O with this OL. They tried that in 2013 and it was a disaster.
        They were 7-9 in 2013.

Scored more points than the 2017 O and only scored 16 points less than the 2016 O. Had nowhere near the talent and a way worse defence backing them up.

Even the Gilbride O at its worst was way better than MacAdoo. Waaaaaaay better.

Comment

I disagree with Mara dumping this OBJ problem in the new HCs lap, Mara and Bmac should have fixed that problem long before we had a new HC...

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
            Mara is a ****ing moron.

" Mara stressed how “positive” it was to hear Shurmur endorse Manning from the beginning of his interview for the job."

Yeah, we all wondered why Patricia and others said no. Now we know. Mara just confirmed he needed a HC to say Eli is King. I dont see this team doing anything the next 2-3 years.

If Eli doenst have Odell the past 4 years he looks like 2017 Eli every year.
            if Eli isn't able to miraculously turn his career around then he will simply be a very expensive anchor around the neck of this team that will be keeping the team from moving on from him because of his contract. We need to stop thinking of Eli when making decisions and just go out and do whats best for the team going forward..

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

They were 7-9 in 2013.

Scored more points than the 2017 O and only scored 16 points less than the 2016 O. Had nowhere near the talent and a way worse defence backing them up.

Even the Gilbride O at its worst was way better than MacAdoo. Waaaaaaay better.
              Not arguing McAdoos O stunk. But if you watched games in 2013 and thought that Gilbrides O was working with that OL I dont know what to tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Imgrate View Post

They might extend Eli for cap reasons, and not necessarily because he'll be here those years
                Yup, that is what I was thinking too.

Comment

Working...
                X