Exclusive Mark Herzlich interview Previewing Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exclusive Mark Herzlich interview Previewing Season

Hey all, I recently had a 1 on 1 with linebacker Mark Herzlich discussing the 2013 season, position battles, new teammates and overcoming cancer. You can check out my interview with him here: Mark Herzlich Interview

Thanks,

Nick Singleton

I love the guy but it concerns me that he seemed to take a huge step back last season.

Comment

a huge step back? he was playing behind Blackburn all season.. when given a chance he did struggle but so did the rest of the defense.. they added some big bodies up front to keep those lineman off the LBer's which I think is going to make a huge difference

Comment

Originally posted by ShineOnForever View Post
        a huge step back? he was playing behind Blackburn all season.. when given a chance he did struggle but so did the rest of the defense.. they added some big bodies up front to keep those lineman off the LBer's which I think is going to make a huge difference
        Well, this is his season to show us what he's made of. If he can at least replicate Blackburn's level of play, that would make me moderately happy... if not, i'm sorry but as a player that's bust. The storyline of recovering from cancer is nice and all, and I wish him well in staying cancer-free, but a bust is a bust no matter how sappy the storyline is.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
          Well, this is his season to show us what he's made of. If he can at least replicate Blackburn's level of play, that would make me moderately happy... if not, i'm sorry but as a player that's bust. The storyline of recovering from cancer is nice and all, and I wish him well in staying cancer-free, but a bust is a bust no matter how sappy the storyline is.
          I don't know if he's a bust. The guy was an undrafted free agent.
          Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

2010 was his first year back and that was college. he has opportunites in the NFL but I still give him a chance. How many times do you hear that some knee injuries take two years to fully heal. Maybe cancer is the same in this case.
            If he doesnt work out he is now where near a bust. besides you're talking about a kid who was one of the better D players before he got sick.
            Sucks to hear tough breaks like that. Chad Johnson comes to mind as well. Dif sitch but maybe same results....
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Did you watch last season? First of all he was in competition with Chase for the job to start the season, and he got smoked. Next, when Chase went down with an injury, Herzlich stepped in and was downright awful.

He had showed some good signs his rookie year, so I considered the fact that he was awful last season and showed no signs of being a quality NFL MLB to be a huge step back.

Comment

Yea I watched last season.. The whole defense was awful. Showed signs as a rookie and took a huge step back? you must of been watching a different team. the dude hasnt been giving a chance yet. It's hard to pass judgment on a guy after 4 career starts in 2 seasons..

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                  Thank you! How can an UDFA be a bust in year 2?
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

It's nice to see he talked about watching his awful play & trying to fill the gap unlike last year because that steeler game was tough to watch last year
                    The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

Yea I watched last season.. The whole defense was awful. Showed signs as a rookie and took a huge step back? you must of been watching a different team. the dude hasnt been giving a chance yet. It's hard to pass judgment on a guy after 4 career starts in 2 seasons..
                      Who is passing judgment? I said that I was concerned that he seemed to take a huge step back last year. The fact that he took a step back last year is indisputable.

How do you think he played last year?

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                        Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                        Thank you! How can an UDFA be a bust in year 2?
                        Okay, didn't realize he was UDFA. Still, letting Blackburn walk is a statement by Reese that Herz is apparently a go-to guy. If he doesn't at least perform up to Blackburn's level, that will be a massive mistake on Reese's part...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Herzlich barely played.. I know he was awesome on special teams.. Other than that its not enough of a sample size.. Especially since the entire defense was awful and rocky Bernard was our 2nd DT

Comment

Herzlich barely played.. I know he was awesome on special teams.. Other than that its not enough of a sample size.. Especially since the entire defense was awful and rocky Bernard was our 2nd DT
                            So you watched him play last year when Blackburn was out and cannot say whether you thought he played well or not?

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                              So you watched him play last year when Blackburn was out and cannot say whether you thought he played well or not?
                              I understand looking at last year he may not have taken a step forward BUT>>> last season is over and done. How he played then is a moot point as aof now.
                              Maybe the Kid needs two season to recover from cancer therapy and what that did to him. Maybe this year will be different. He was a first round prospect before he got sick. So maybe this season he returns to that form.
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                              X