Are We Going To Blow This Chance???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are We Going To Blow This Chance???

Let's look at 4 teams. Giants, Pats, Steelers and Chargers. They all have one important thing in common. They all have aging QB's on the last year or so of their careers.
    But unlike the Steelers, Pats and Chargers...we have been handed this incredible opportunity. When Brady, Ben and Rivers careers end, those teams are looking into the abyss. No heir apparent. They are looking at the possibility of years of struggling.

The Giants however have been handed this incredible gift from the football gods. The 2nd pick in the draft just as their QB is nearing the end of his career.
    And in a QB rich draft. Given the statements made by both Gettleman and Shurmer regarding Davis Webb (I doubt they could pick him out of a line up). we MUST draft a QB with that pick. The position is too important.

We can argue about who that should be...but this talk of Saquan Barkley is way off base.

Rosen, Darnold, Allen or Mayfield. It has to be one of these guys. I prefer Mayfield myself but I'll trust the new braintrust to make that choice. If we blow this chance, we could be staring into the same abyss.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

I get it we need a new QB....but a star RB of Barkley and getting Eli a good O-Line would work and give Eli like 3 more years of a good offense with Shep,Engram, and Odell.
    Last edited by StroSwift10NYG; 01-28-2018, 04:07 PM.

Comment

...ok so if this qb class is soooo deep then wouldn't you be able to find quality in the later picks?
      Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

Comment

The same argument could have been made with Dave Brown. Just because 3 are the top QBs in "this" draft. Is not an indication any of them are a #2 pick. I am in the trade down camp
        "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by andthewinneris View Post
          ...ok so if this qb class is soooo deep then wouldn't you be able to find quality in the later picks?
          "deep" meaning three to five viable QB picks. After round one may as well just go with Eli and Webb.

"it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
            The same argument could have been made with Dave Brown. Just because 3 are the top QBs in "this" draft. Is not an indication any of them are a #2 pick. I am in the trade down camp
            Dave Brown was in the supplemental draft. We have drafted two QB's in round one since the 60's. Phil Simms and Eli Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post

"deep" meaning three to five viable QB picks. After round one may as well just go with Eli and Webb.
              The 4 guys I mentioned will all be gone probably by pick #6.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post

So by "deep" they mean just like every year they have no idea but these are the guys to build buzz around?
                Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

Comment

And let the Eli debate commence once again...lol

Comment

Originally posted by andthewinneris View Post

So by "deep" they mean just like every year they have no idea but these are the guys to build buzz around?
                    Maybe....But 32 teams have the best scouts to sort that out.

Comment

I predict that before April 26 there will at least 487 more threads exactly like this one.

Who wants to wager on that?
                      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                      "No...I didn't."
                      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Dave Brown was in the supplemental draft. We have drafted two QB's in round one since the 60's. Phil Simms and Eli Manning.
                        Did we not give up our 1st round draft pick in 92 for him?
                        "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

And let the Eli debate commence once again...lol
                          It will.

Comment

I feel the same way unless the Browns take Mayfield as some reports have alluded to and Allen falls to us...I don't know why but I have a feeling that Allen will be the best of this year's QB draft, call me psychic if you will ...lol

Comment

what doesn't make sense is waiting around for a year or two for this organization to finally pull the plug on Eli ...
                              just to find out that we wasted that pick on the next JaMarcus Russell or Ryan leaf .

due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                              my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

Working...
                              X