Giants should resign Jacobs to play Fullback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
    What are you talking about? Read the post again.
    Your post still makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
      Even if Jacobs was motivated to play FB, the difference in his minimum contract and what Leach would get would be so small, that you'd rather take the best lead blocker in the NFL over the washed-up familiar face who is willing to change roles for a contract.
      Do you think we'd really offer Jacobs any more than vet min?

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        It's not the worst thought in the world. Jacobs is just not interested.
        To bad because I still think he has the physical tools to play FB. But like you said he is not interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
          I don't think Pascoe is that much of a better receiver than Hyno, nor do I think he'll receive any more attention from defenses than Hyno will. Bear's been targeted a total of 39 times in his 4 years as a pro. That's hardly something that will pique the attention of defensive coordinators.
          Pascoe is clearly more a blocking tightend, but, according to Pope, he does catch better than Hynoski which is why they used him last season at FB. I definitely don't kn ow what I'm talking about, but Mike Pope should. lol

I always think of Belichick imploring his defenders to let Eli throw to Manningham. You have to account for Pascoe as a TE no matter where he lines up. Sort of like an QB like RGIII who can run past a lot of defenders and gain chunks of yards. I'm not suggesting Pascoe is a Mark Bavaro, but on any given play...
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Not likely. He could have stayed here for $500K less and left.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Your post still makes no sense.
              Oh please I know more about football than you.

Comment

I always think of Belichick imploring his defenders to let Eli throw to Manningham. You have to account for Pascoe as a TE no matter where he lines up. Sort of like an QB like RGIII who can run past a lot of defenders and gain chunks of yards. I'm not suggesting Pascoe is a Mark Bavaro, but on any given play...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsGiVkSaAJ8

Notice who he named after Manningham...

On the other hand, by this point in the game, Ballard and Beckum were both down.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Pascoe is clearly more a blocking tightend, but, according to Pope, he does catch better than Hynoski which is why they used him last season at FB. I definitely don't kn ow what I'm talking about, but Mike Pope should. lol

You do not have to account for Pascoe. BB was imploring the defense to make Eli to throw to MM because of Pascoe; he wanted to put triple or better coverage on Nicks and Cruz. Had nothing to do with Pascoe. You don't need to account for a guy that doesn't even have an average of 10 targets a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                    Oh please I know more about football than you.
                    I doubt that. But, for arguments sake let's say you do; your ability to communicate that knowledge is supremely lacking.

Comment

lets see......Pascoe has been said to stink at FB. I guess because he is not a FB by nature...
                      What would make Jacobs any better???
                      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Not a cent over.
                        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

The idea that you can just plug in any oversized RB to play FB is not realistic. I still remember the Alstott experiment at FB. He was an awful blocker. He sure was big though. I don't think Jacobs would excel in the FB role.
                          Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                            The idea that you can just plug in any oversized RB to play FB is not realistic. I still remember the Alstott experiment at FB. He was an awful blocker. He sure was big though. I don't think Jacobs would excel in the FB role.
                            Alstott was a FB,

Comment

Pascoe will be a good FB, for the time being. If Leach signs, great. If not, well be alright. Hynocerous will be back by week 3-4 and he'll be blocking and receiving for a long time. Best in the league by 2014. Mark it down.
                              2017 Mock Draft

1st: Forrest Lamp, OG Western Kentucky
                              2nd: Caleb Brantley, DT Florida
                              3rd: Gerald Everett, TE South Alabama
                              4th: Dont'a Foreman, RB Texas
                              5th: Damontae Kazee, CB San Diego State
                              6th: KD Cannon, WR Baylor
                              7th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tennessee

Comment

Alstott was a FB,
                                They tried him as a traditional fullback, but the experiment failed. Alstott had the most success in single back formations or running out of I back formations. He was a powerful runner, great receiver, and awful blocker. Wherever and whenever they ran plays with him as a lead blocker it was brutal to watch.
                                Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Working...
                                X