Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants should resign Jacobs to play Fullback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Giants should resign Jacobs to play Fullback

    I was thinking that the Giants should consider resigning Brandon Jacobs to play fullback. The upside to this move is he is an excellent blocker to protect Eli and can catch the ball in the flat out of the backfield and get good yardage. Im sure he can adapt to lead blocking for Wilson and Brown. He has plenty of gas left in his tank and should be healthy. Also he wants to come back home and he could be a positive force in the locker room. He knows the system and we can get him for veteran minimum. In sum the move definitely has more upside than risks. Finally he is only about a year older than Leach so the Giants cannot say he is over the hill if they want to sign Vontee Leach.

  • #2
    This came up a few weeks ago and Jacobs said he'd never play fullback
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      This came up a few weeks ago and Jacobs said he'd never play fullback
      This. Right. Here.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        This came up a few weeks ago and Jacobs said he'd never play fullback
        Yeah and we don't have tes for a fb either. I don't like to use a fb without good to decent te,

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
          Yeah and we don't have tes for a fb either. I don't like to use a fb without good to decent te,
          Where do you people come from, he came into the league saying he would never play full back, do you really think he would want to start going head to head with d lineman and lb's now, tools.
          Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            This came up a few weeks ago and Jacobs said he'd never play fullback
            Ok. I guess I missed that information.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Joe Morrison View Post
              Where do you people come from, he came into the league saying he would never play full back, do you really think he would want to start going head to head with d lineman and lb's now, tools.
              Hey I missed that information. It was just an idea to get a good player back home.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Joe Morrison View Post
                Where do you people come from, he came into the league saying he would never play full back, do you really think he would want to start going head to head with d lineman and lb's now, tools.
                What are you talking about? Read the post again.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                  Yeah and we don't have tes for a fb either. I don't like to use a fb without good to decent te,
                  Pascoe has played FB and H-Back and took snaps at both last season even with Hynoski healthy. Pasoce is more versatile that Hynoski in that he can command more attention from a defense because he catches better than Hynoski. Hynoski is by far he best FB we've had in years. Hopefully he's on the field by week 4 at the latest.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Jacobs is done. He was tip toeing around the line of scrimmage 3 years ago. What makes people think he'd be a useful member of the 53 now?
                    sigpic

                    Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Even if Jacobs was motivated to play FB, the difference in his minimum contract and what Leach would get would be so small, that you'd rather take the best lead blocker in the NFL over the washed-up familiar face who is willing to change roles for a contract.
                      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Joe Morrison View Post
                        Where do you people come from, he came into the league saying he would never play full back, do you really think he would want to start going head to head with d lineman and lb's now, tools.
                        Your point is made but Pascoe isn't a Fullback either. My reasoning was if Pascoe could adapt so could he if he really wanted back on this team. He is big enough. But like you said he doesn't wan to play fullback so I guess the issue is moot.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The opportunity cost proves what a terrible value it would be to sign Jacobs at FB .
                          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            Pascoe has played FB and H-Back and took snaps at both last season even with Hynoski healthy. Pasoce is more versatile that Hynoski in that he can command more attention from a defense because he catches better than Hynoski. Hynoski is by far he best FB we've had in years. Hopefully he's on the field by week 4 at the latest.
                            I don't think Pascoe is that much of a better receiver than Hyno, nor do I think he'll receive any more attention from defenses than Hyno will. Bear's been targeted a total of 39 times in his 4 years as a pro. That's hardly something that will pique the attention of defensive coordinators.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by NYGiantsFan56 View Post
                              Your point is made but Pascoe isn't a Fullback either. My reasoning was if Pascoe could adapt so could he if he really wanted back on this team. He is big enough. But like you said he doesn't wan to play fullback so I guess the issue is moot.

                              It's not the worst thought in the world. Jacobs is just not interested.
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X