Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If he wants to be a Giant for life, Eli Manning needs to look to Kurt Warner on how to do things the right way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

And MY point is that Kurt Warner was doing everything he could to change that plan. I promise you despite the plans of the team, he was determined to be the starter of thew Giants regardless. That's what NFL football players do. Especially a guy who had already won a SB and been a league MVP.
    doesnt matter. Only the plans of the team matter. In that regard the scenarios are diffrent
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Wait, huh? Weren't you arguing last week that we need to take a QB with the #2? I'm so confused.
      My argument was based on the fact that both Gettleman and Shurmer spoke as if they never heard of Davis Webb. Seems that ship has sailed before he ever got a chance. Since they seem to be discarding Davis Webb, then they need to draft a QB at #2. I actually explained that in my OP.
      Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

name a QB who celebrated being pulled out of his role
        Precisely. It didn't really matter what Kurt Warner was told. He was going to play to keep the job....Just as Eli will.

Comment

Precisely. It didn't really matter what Kurt Warner was told. He was going to play to keep the job....Just as Eli will.
          was that ever in question ?

Comment

was that ever in question ?
            Not for me but you questioned it yesterday. See my post #78.
            Last edited by Morehead State; 02-09-2018, 03:59 PM.

Comment

My argument was based on the fact that both Gettleman and Shurmer spoke as if they never heard of Davis Webb. Seems that ship has sailed before he ever got a chance. Since they seem to be discarding Davis Webb, then they need to draft a QB at #2. I actually explained that in my OP.
              They canít discard Webb, unless they already feel he is not the one, even if they take a QB at 2.
              Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

So, Davis Webb is our future, but...Gettleman and Shurmur don't see it, so we need to draft a QB with the #2 overall. Is that the crux of what you're saying?

Comment

Not for me but you questioned it yesterday. See my post #78.
                  post #78 is neither of us

not sure I follow

I've never mentioned anything about a player playing to keep his job

Comment

post #78 is neither of us

not sure I follow

I've never mentioned anything about a player playing to keep his job
                    Well on my computer it's my response to you. I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I was just making a simple point that even if Kurt Warner "knew" the situation...he was damned determined to prove them wrong. And Eli will do the same next year regardless of what THAT plan will be.
                    Here was my post.....

I am absolutely sure you are right. I'm sure it was clearly explained to him that way.

However I am also sure that Kurt Warner was determined to prove them wrong and show that he was still a winning QB (which by the way...he was). Don't forget they started that year 5-2. It was only when they lost two games to drop to 5-4, that they started Eli....and blew the season up. How ironic given recent events.

So yes....Kurt "knew his role". But he definitely wanted to keep that job. I doubt ANY NFL QB would have dealt with it in any other way.

And his career after he left NY would suggest he would have been right about his ability.

Comment

Well on my computer it's my response to you. I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I was just making a simple point that even if Kurt Warner "knew" the situation...he was damned determined to prove them wrong. And Eli will do the same next year regardless of what THAT plan will be.
                      Here was my post.....

I am absolutely sure you are right. I'm sure it was clearly explained to him that way.

However I am also sure that Kurt Warner was determined to prove them wrong and show that he was still a winning QB (which by the way...he was). Don't forget they started that year 5-2. It was only when they lost two games to drop to 5-4, that they started Eli....and blew the season up. How ironic given recent events.

So yes....Kurt "knew his role". But he definitely wanted to keep that job. I doubt ANY NFL QB would have dealt with it in any other way.

And his career after he left NY would suggest he would have been right about his ability.
                      so where exactly did I suggest that any of the QBs in question would not play to keep their job ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

I can't do the math where Gettleman thinks it's the right move to not draft a QB, unless they have determined that none of them will work out...or Webb is a stud.

Just can't see it.
                        if the team decides to pass on a QB in round 1 the fan base will go wild simply because none of us have seen anything from Webb for him to be considered the future at this point in time, and I for one doubt that anybody else has except maybe his play on the practice squad, if that can be considered any kind of yardstick for judgement

Comment

• He better take some zeros off his salary to stay a Giant for life.

Comment

so where exactly did I suggest that any of the QBs in question would not play to keep their job ?
                            Nowhere YA. It's no big deal. I was just responding to your point that Warner" knew the deal".
                            My point is that really doesn't matter to a competitive NFL professional. The "deal" doesn't matter. He was trying to keep the job.
                            Last edited by Morehead State; 02-09-2018, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Nowhere YA. It's no big deal. I was just responding to your point that Warner" knew the deal".
                              My point is that really doesn't matter to a competitive NFL professional. The "deal" doesn't matter. He was try to keep the job.
                              Watch Two dogs fighting over a tennis ball - GIF GIF on Gfycat. Discover more GIFS online on Gfycat

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

That's funny, 'cuz...just about everybody in the business seems to think that Gettleman is that "stupid"!
                                OOPS! I guess not everyone.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...rkley-at-no-4/

I myself want them to trade down for more picks.

Comment

Working...
                                X