Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If he wants to be a Giant for life, Eli Manning needs to look to Kurt Warner on how to do things the right way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

hahahahahaha. Ok
    Help me out here YA.

We draft a QB at #2, that guy will be seen as the future franchise QB by the fan base. I presume that the team sees him as the future franchise QB, otherwise, they would not have invested the draft capital in him.

Fast forward - We sit at 1-6. Eli has looked awful in the last 3 games.

I don't have to tell you the pressure that will come to bear on the franchise, right?

Now I agree 100% that Eli is not a placeholder or a stop gap QB, but the results will be the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Well with all due respect Deli...you also twisted my words into meaning that Eli would manipulate the situation, which I never believed.
      If your point about Eli "not signing on" is just to imply he would retire or demand a trade that's fine. I disagree because I think if he was still named the starter under ANY conditions he would run with and and try to postpone the inevitable.

But after hearing so many posters make the claim that Eli "would never go along with McAdoo's plan" as if he gets to choose, my ears perked up when you said something similar. If that was not your intent then I was wrong. Please give me the same courtesy.
      If I misinterpreted what you said, I blame the Moscow mules, and I apologize.

Comment

• Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

Help me out here YA.

We draft a QB at #2, that guy will be seen as the future franchise QB by the fan base. I presume that the team sees him as the future franchise QB, otherwise, they would not have invested the draft capital in him.

Fast forward - We sit at 1-6. Eli has looked awful in the last 3 games.

I don't have to tell you the pressure that will come to bear on the franchise, right?

Now I agree 100% hat Eli is not a placeholder or a stop gap QB, but the results will be the same.
        Well you like to ask for historical precedent. Who was the last QB taken in the top 3 to NOT be a starter at some point in the season?

I went back to 2002 and found that all 21 QB's taken in the top 3 started during their rookie season.
        Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

If I misinterpreted what you said, I blame the Moscow mules, and I apologize.
          Friggin Kompromat........

Comment

Well you like to ask for historical precedent. Who was the last QB taken in the top 3 to NOT be a starter at some point in the season?

I went back to 2002 and found that all 21 QB's taken in the top 3 started during their rookie season.
            This is my point: Eli has to know this...it has to be part of his personal decision making process.

He knows that reality.

Comment

This is my point: Eli has to know this...it has to be part of his personal decision making process.

He knows that reality.
              He says he's OK with it. I doubt he'll cut and run.

the only possible exception is if they draft Sam Darnold. He may need a season because he's so young. But even with him he'll probably get starts in year one.

Comment

He says he's OK with it. I doubt he'll cut and run.
                He's a competitor, so its possible.

Comment

He's a competitor, so its possible.
                  Haven't I been saying that young man????

Why I ought to.......

Comment

Well then what would he be? the future? Don't think so. If we draft a QB at #2, the new regime will want him on the field. Maybe not game one but soon.
                    The clock will be ticking on Eli's end as a Giant. That's football. These days you don't use a pick that high to see him with a clip board for very long.
                    My man

Eli is a franchise QB nearing the end of his career

everyone has a successor ... unless the world ends right after your last game it is just the way things work

for him to be a stop gap there would have to be a gap... the guy has played every game for 15 ****ing years for crying out loud

Eli will play this season until they either feel he is no longer benefiting the team or the kid is so mindblowingly good that his skills eclipse Eli

Comment

My man

Eli is a franchise QB nearing the end of his career

everyone has a successor ... unless the world ends right after your last game it is just the way things work

for him to be a stop gap there would have to be a gap... the guy has played every game for 15 ****ing years for crying out loud

Eli will play this season until they either feel he is no longer benefiting the team or the kid is so mindblowingly good that his skills eclipse Eli
                      Well "stop gap" has a negative connotation. But in practical terms he would be a place keeper. Now of course all this depends on the draft. If we pass on a QB then all bets are off.
                      but if we take a QB at #2, the clock starts to tick on Eli's tenure here. Call it what you want...it's all semantics. But the new guy is going to take over, and sooner rather than later.
                      Eli is a franchise QB. but he's a franchise QB that's coming off a 3-13 season. A franchise QB that is 12 games under .500 over the last 5 years.
                      I doubt there has ever been a franchise QB who can ever say that.
                      Once that guy is drafted, the speculation with rightfully start on when the new guy will take over. call it what you will, but everything will change starting that day.

Comment

Well "stop gap" has a negative connotation. But in practical terms he would be a place keeper. Now of course all this depends on the draft. If we pass on a QB then all bets are off.
                        but if we take a QB at #2, the clock starts to tick on Eli's tenure here. Call it what you want...it's all semantics. But the new guy is going to take over, and sooner rather than later.
                        Eli is a franchise QB. but he's a franchise QB that's coming off a 3-13 season. A franchise QB that is 12 games under .500 over the last 5 years.
                        Once that guy is drafted, the speculation with rightfully start on when the new guy will take over. call it what you will, but everything will change starting that day.
                        Let it go?

Comment

Good grief

have fun fellas

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

Let it go?
                            I'm having a conversation. You are more than welcome to express your opinion on the topic.

Comment

Good grief

have fun fellas
                              You know I'm right YA. If you didn't you would make a simple argument to the contrary.

Comment

I'm having a conversation. You are more than welcome to express your opinion on the topic.
                                You don't have conversations. You take an initial position and defend it to the death against any conversation or logic other posters present. Just MO.

Comment

Working...
                                X