Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If he wants to be a Giant for life, Eli Manning needs to look to Kurt Warner on how to do things the right way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

You don't have conversations. You take an initial position and defend it to the death against any conversation or logic other posters present. Just MO.
    As far as I'm concerned I've used perfectly reasonable logic. Maybe you can tell me where you think I'm wrong instead of making sweeping generalities about my behavior.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
      Weren't the Giants 5-3 or 5-4 when they benched Warner for Eli & they promptly lost their next 6 games before Eli finally won the season finale vs Dallas thanks to Tiki, to finish 1-6 as a starter. Who knows, Giants mighta made the playoffs in 04 had they stuck with Kurt.
      Thanks to Tiki? lol.
      Coughlin sent in a pass play. Eli looked at the defense and audibled to a draw to Tiki. He practically walked in from 3 yards out and afterwards both Coughlin and Tiki credited Eli for recognizing the D and calling the winning play.
      Amazing how hard it is for some to give Eli even a crumb of respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

Thanks to Tiki? lol.
        Coughlin sent in a pass play. Eli looked at the defense and audibled to a draw to Tiki. He practically walked in from 3 yards out and afterwards both Coughlin and Tiki credited Eli for recognizing the D and calling the winning play.
        Amazing how hard it is for some to give Eli even a crumb of respect.
        Tiki was great in that last drive as I remember. They ran it mostly in that last drive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

As far as I'm concerned I've used perfectly reasonable logic. Maybe you can tell me where you think I'm wrong instead of making sweeping generalities about my behavior.
          For the record, I think youíre absolutely correct. And while it is semantics; Eliís status has changed whether anyone likes that or not.

The fact is if the Giants take a QB at 2, there will undoubtedly be similarity between Warner and Manning. Both will have been in a position to prove themselves as an older QB in front of their heir apparent.

I used to believe as Deli does that Eli will demand a trade, but not any longer. I think the assurances he received from the Giants are as strong as any he would get anywhere else.

Eliís at a point in his career where he can no longer afford off games, and the uniform he would wear is not going to change that.

Comment

• its simple...the only thing in common that Eli and Warner have in this described scenario is that they are both older vet QBs.
            Other than that there is no similarity at all. Two different situations really.
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
              its simple...the only thing in common that Eli and Warner have in this described scenario is that they are both older vet QBs.
              If you don't see the similarities here that's fine. i do.

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

You don't have conversations. You take an initial position and defend it to the death against any conversation or logic other posters present. Just MO.
                This, +1

Comment

• Originally posted by G1.. View Post

This, +1
                  And yet neither one of you have the guts to make specific argument against the points I made....You just attack.
                  I consider that a victory. You have no argument so you just paint negative broad strokes against another poster.

So keep up your ..."This +1". Very original and creative. That's all you have? OK by me.

Comment

He can quit or demand a trade. So he can refuse to play. I guess every player has that power. But his permission is not relevant.
                    And I'm PO'd that McAdoo allowed Eli to control the situation this past year. It was a terrible decision by him and helped get him fired.
                    Are you suggesting McAdoo was fired because of Eli?
                    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

• Originally posted by TEM View Post

Are you suggesting McAdoo was fired because of Eli?
                      I think he got fired because of the mishandling of the Eli situation. He would have been fired at season's end of course. But getting fired in the middle of the season was a product of the Eli situation.

Comment

And yet neither one of you have the guts to make specific argument against the points I made....You just attack.
                        I consider that a victory. You have no argument so you just paint negative broad strokes against another poster.

So keep up your ..."This +1". Very original and creative. That's all you have? OK by me.
                        You're not worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by G1.. View Post

You're not worth it.
                          Well then everyone wins. Makes me happy.

Comment

I think he got fired because of the mishandling of the Eli situation. He would have been fired at season's end of course. But getting fired in the middle of the season was a product of the Eli situation.
                            I can agree with that That ship sailed the Eli situation made it hit an iceberg.

I don't agree with the whole stop gap point you are making.

A team does not pay a QB 20 + as a stop gap for one season. Don't use Cousins They tagged him.

By you point one could conclude:

Favre ,( went to the NFC Championship and pro bowl ) was a stop gap for 4 years that started the day the packers drafted Rodgers.

Montana ( super bowl champs 89,90 .3 prow bowls 3 All pro seasons ) was a stop gap that started the day the 49s acquired Young

The only 2 situations off the top of my head that can be correlated to what you are conveying.

Eli is in a continuing contract. Just as Farve and Montana were.

Is you point a stop gap is a player in a position until the next guy takes over. If that is it , That is the case with every player that has ever started.

There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Well then everyone wins. Makes me happy.
                              Your Eli agenda is making you crazy over this situation. If they donít take a QB at 2 I fear you will jump off of a building.
                              Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                                its simple...the only thing in common that Eli and Warner have in this described scenario is that they are both older vet QBs.
                                Yes, the circumstances of how each got into this position are totally different, but no one can deny the similarity if we take the heir apparent with our 2nd pick.

Eli, just like Kurt, isn't ready to concede his career just yet. Both are looking to prove they still can play winning football for a few more years.

​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X