Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If he wants to be a Giant for life, Eli Manning needs to look to Kurt Warner on how to do things the right way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TEM View Post

I don't see the relevance of this statement as it pertains to your comprehension of an 8 word statement I wrote.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to get you bent out of shape.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

A more appropriate question might be...Why didn't Joshua Dobbs (the Steelers 4th-round QB pick in 2017) play in his first season?
      To answer this.

Some think that just because drafting a QB will instantly give him a right to see the field. It does not. Especially if the QB in front of him is making 1+ million a game. We had 2 knuckle heads last season that believed this not to be true . So the owner let them go with their idea . They crashed and burned. Now are no longer with the organization. Not necessarily because of that. They were doomed anyway. I do give the owner a salute for allowing them to set the course into the iceberg and their own demise.

Now it is or was the same situation with Steve Young, Aaron Rodgers Josh Dobbs or whoever. As long a The QB in front of them is making 1+ million a game or a large chunk of the cap. That QB will be in the game. The only reason he won't be is because he is on crutches or seeing 3 fingers when the Doc is holding up 2. Any owner is going to have a problem with a player (any player not just the QB) making big bucks on the sideline. ( one of the reasons i have now become against big contracts)
      The consensus is the Owner , GM and HC, do not want to part ways with the QB as of yet.. Neither did FOs of the 49ers or GB at that time. So the heir apparent sat on those teams.

Now some of you can derive all the things in your head you want . It's his name, He is too close to the owner. My favorite, his father is the don of NY. The fans will hold a sit out. Come up with every reason why the QB is still there. The reason is the FO and ownership still believe Eli has it. That is the fact that has been conveyed by the Coach and GM. But please do not stop coming up with reasons to justify why the QB is still there. I find it entertaining.

Just my 2 cents and 1 rant for the year.
      Last edited by TEM; 02-10-2018, 06:14 PM.
      There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't mean to get you bent out of shape.
        No I am just playing. No harm intended . If you took it that way I apologize.
        There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

• Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

the position Kurt Warner was is and the position Eli Manning is in are absolutely nothing alike.... nothing

they are both males and theyíre both older quarterbacksÖ Thatís about where it ends

So, youíre finally admitting thereís a chance that you may be a bit more open minded when giving the idea consideration.

Thatís good to know.

Comment

To answer this.

Some think that just because drafting a QB will instantly give him a right to see the field. It does not. Especially if the QB in front of him is making 1+ million a game. We had 2 knuckle heads last season that believed this not to be true . So the owner let them go with their idea . They crashed and burned. Now are no longer with the organization. Not necessarily because of that. They were doomed anyway. I do give the owner a salute for allowing them to set the course into the iceberg and their own demise.

Now it is or was the same situation with Steve Young, Aaron Rodgers Josh Dobbs or whoever. As long a The QB in front of them is making 1+ million a game or a large chunk of the cap. That QB will be in the game. The only reason he won't be is because he is on crutches or seeing 3 fingers when the Doc is holding up 2. Any owner is going to have a problem with a player (any player not just the QB) making big bucks on the sideline. ( one of the reasons i have now become against big contracts)
            The consensus is the Owner , GM and HC, do not want to part ways with the QB as of yet.. Neither did FOs of the 49ers or GB at that time. So the heir apparent sat on those teams.

Now some of you can derive all the things in your head you want . It's his name, He is too close to the owner. My favorite, his father is the don of NY. The fans will hold a sit out. Come up with every reason why the QB is still there. The reason is the FO and ownership still believe Eli has it. That is the fact that has been conveyed by the Coach and GM. But please do not stop coming up with reasons to justify why the QB is still there. I find it entertaining.

Just my 2 cents and 1 rant for the year.
            I actually agree with much of what you said. It's the reason why I'm amazed at the posters here still grousing over Davis Webb not taking over for Eli last season. Why would the Giants bench their perfectly-healthy, $1+ million/game starting QB for a late-third round project? It makes no sense.

What also perplexes me is this either/or argument that either...

a. Eli is done right now and we draft a QB with the #2 overall

or...

b. Eli is not done right now and, therefore, why would we draft a QB with the #2 overall?

Eli is going to continue to earn. The new QB will continue to learn. When the student has surpassed the master, then the student will take over...no matter how much the master is being paid. I don't know why this is so hard for some to understand.

Comment

I actually agree with much of what you said. It's the reason why I'm amazed at the posters here still grousing over Davis Webb not taking over for Eli last season. Why would the Giants bench their perfectly-healthy, $1+ million/game starting QB for a late-third round project? It makes no sense.

What also perplexes me is this either/or argument that either...

a. Eli is done right now and we draft a QB with the #2 overall

or...

b. Eli is not done right now and, therefore, why would we draft a QB with the #2 overall?

Eli is going to continue to earn. The new QB will continue to learn. When the student has surpassed the master, then the student will take over...no matter how much the master is being paid. I don't know why this is so hard for some to understand.
              i see it like this . The giants have to make a QB move at some point. Father time dictates it.

This year is perplexing . High draft pick and not much cap room . The #2 is going to cost 5 million. Can they cut DRC for room yes .Should they I am not a fan of it. The same is true with the Jack Rabbit. Those are the 2 big cuts that can free up space. The rest Marshall, Harris , Jerry . It is pittance and they have to fill those spots along with the other 18 open spots. Me I don't think you can replace Jerry for the same amount.

Goes back to the dilemma high pick not much cap space. That #2 pick is going to cost 5 against the cap. One of the reasons I'm for a trade down. We can potentially get 2 to 3 players For that 5 instead of one. Then there is the other side if that QB " the guy" is there you have to take him. The paradox is the 5 million with limited cap space and " the guy you can't pass on.

I do not envy Dave at this point of the venture

Comment

It would be the Giants' organization committing suicide in that scenario, not Morehead State.
                Not necessarily. If they love one of the QBís then take him. I donít like USC QBís, Rosen has injury issues and thereís something that I donít like about Mayfield. If I were hell bent on taking a QB I would take Allen.
                Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by speedman View Post

Not necessarily. If they love one of the QBís then take him. I donít like USC QBís, Rosen has injury issues and thereís something that I donít like about Mayfield. If I were hell bent on taking a QB I would take Allen.
                  That's who I'm leaning toward, though I would have no problem if Gettleman and the scouts decided on either Rosen or Darnold. Mayfield I'm not a fan of.

Comment

I think Mayfield, Rosen and Darnold are all going to be solid NFL starting QB's. Not sure to what degree but I think Mayfield is the best of the three.
                    We shall see about Allen and Jackson.
                    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

i see it like this . The giants have to make a QB move at some point. Father time dictates it.

This year is perplexing . High draft pick and not much cap room . The #2 is going to cost 5 million. Can they cut DRC for room yes .Should they I am not a fan of it. The same is true with the Jack Rabbit. Those are the 2 big cuts that can free up space. The rest Marshall, Harris , Jerry . It is pittance and they have to fill those spots along with the other 18 open spots. Me I don't think you can replace Jerry for the same amount.

Goes back to the dilemma high pick not much cap space. That #2 pick is going to cost 5 against the cap. One of the reasons I'm for a trade down. We can potentially get 2 to 3 players For that 5 instead of one. Then there is the other side if that QB " the guy" is there you have to take him. The paradox is the 5 million with limited cap space and " the guy you can't pass on.

I do not envy Dave at this point of the venture
                      QB is the one position on the field where money just doesn't matter. You gotta do what you gotta do when you're talking about - potentially - the next decade of your future.

I know that's a tough pill to swallow, but...most NFL GMs swallowed it years ago.

Comment

QB is the one position on the field where money just doesn't matter. You gotta do what you gotta do when you're talking about - potentially - the next decade of your future.

I know that's a tough pill to swallow, but...most NFL GMs swallowed it years ago.
                        I see you point but the cap is the ultimate decider of what should be and can be done.

Comment

Reese swallowed, no doubt.
                          sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I think Mayfield, Rosen and Darnold are all going to be solid NFL starting QB's. Not sure to what degree but I think Mayfield is the best of the three.
                            We shall see about Allen and Jackson.
                            Iím not a talent evaluator so my feelings about Darnold and Mayfield could be way off base.
                            Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Iím not a talent evaluator so my feelings about Darnold and Mayfield could be way off base.
                              Me too.....
                              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

I have always thought Eli handles pressure better than most. I think a lot will depend on how we start this season. There is a clean slate which means these guys own it all. No looking back at what "they" did or didn't do. I think Gettleman is the real deal but we won't know that until we get to the end of the season and see how well they have addressed or serious needs.
                                I also think DG is the real deal and Pat Shurmer is as well. Well have to find out in 2018.

I also agree with you that the players what happens from here on out.

Comment

Working...
                                X