Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If he wants to be a Giant for life, Eli Manning needs to look to Kurt Warner on how to do things the right way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by speedman View Post
    This stat is only meaningful if you list the starting QBís for those teams and if any of them were replaced because of injury.
    Every QB has started in their first season for 13 years. That means there is no rookie QB, drafted in the top 5 who hasn't. So the percentage is 100%.
    Did a few start due to injury? Perhaps. But the stat shows that those few, if they exist, would have started anyway.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

This entire argument comes from my response to YA. In my response I said that despite Kurt Warner being "told" what the situation was, he would still be determined to prove them wrong and try to earn the starting job....just as Eli will, despite what the plan would be.

That's all. THAT is the similarity. You guys can add on whatever else you want. But that's my only point.
      lol and I already agreed with you on that.

I rarely read through an entire thread. My comments usually are direct at the past few posts. Sorry 'bout that.

The Giants will have a near term and intermediate term plan which Eli will try to turn into an intermediate to longer term plan.
      It is the nature of being a competitor. I am sure that he'll do what he can to bring the next guy along inside the QB room.
      That doesn't mean he's going to roll over and step aside.
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• Originally posted by TEM View Post

What gave to inclination that any in the FO (GM,Coach or Owner) suggested the pick would become the starter and Eli would sit, let alone move on from him?
        Did not the coach and GM and ownership state Eli was the starter?

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...eaders_ba.html

It states with pretty compelling evidence the Giants are not going to move on the QB.
        I sure does...and in a move not often seen on these boards, I leave open the possibility that I am wrong.

But...right now, I see the FO saying all the right things, making amends for Ben's **** up to a franchise legend.
        When (if) they take that QB with the second pick...and assuming he becomes NFL ready quickly...it will be like having a Christmas present sitting on your desk every day - you are gonna wanna open it.
        The fans are gonna wanna open it
        The media is gonna wanna open it.

The pressure will be tremendous. And no for nothing, no one said anything about being guaranteed being the starter the whole season.
        Congratulations to #usawomanshockey! Not only for winning the Gold Medal, but for leading announcers to utter a phrase never heard before: "their arch rival Canada"

Comment

All true. But as of right now....Eli IS a temp. What came before is good reason to look fondly on Eli and his impact on our franchise. But right now we are looking forward. And when we do that, if we take a QB, looking forward means getting the new kid on the field....and finding an excuse to do so.
          See...this is where we disagree. I think your feelings about Eli color your judgement a bit. Which do you think is more likely from our FO?

Do you honestly believe that Mara will pull Eli, the face of the franchise that brought him 2 SB as fast as he pulled Warner, whose time with the Giants could be measure in days?

Or

Is is it more likely that Mara lets Eli ride out this season, gets the new guy coached up and starts fresh in 2019. Maybe he sees late game spot duty, but no starts.

And since I go with door number 3, you can guess my thought.
          Congratulations to #usawomanshockey! Not only for winning the Gold Medal, but for leading announcers to utter a phrase never heard before: "their arch rival Canada"

Comment

• Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

See...this is where we disagree. I think your feelings about Eli color your judgement a bit. Which do you think is more likely from our FO?

Do you honestly believe that Mara will pull Eli, the face of the franchise that brought him 2 SB as fast as he pulled Warner, whose time with the Giants could be measure in days?

Or

Is is it more likely that Mara lets Eli ride out this season, gets the new guy coached up and starts fresh in 2019. Maybe he sees late game spot duty, but no starts.

And since I go with door number 3, you can guess my thought.
            And of course there we always have to go. It must be my hatred of Eli. Can't have a conversation about anything here......

I'm out.
            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I sure does...and in a move not often seen on these boards, I leave open the possibility that I am wrong.

But...right now, I see the FO saying all the right things, making amends for Ben's **** up to a franchise legend.
              When (if) they take that QB with the second pick...and assuming he becomes NFL ready quickly...it will be like having a Christmas present sitting on your desk every day - you are gonna wanna open it.

The pressure will be tremendous. And no for nothing, no one said anything about being guaranteed being the starter the whole season.
              Maybe we should expect the unexpected.

If there was ever a player that would have the most unlikely finish to his career, it would be Eli Manning.

Comment

That is not what teams in similar situations did. Not with Steve Young or with Aaron Rodgers they sat for 3 + seasons.. The media or the fans do not call the shots. If the existing QB is winning. The next guy will sit until he does not. That is just the way it is. When the Owner GM and Coach all decide that the QB is not getting it done. Only then will what you say will happen.
                There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

And of course there we always have to go. It must be my hatred of Eli. Can't have a conversation about anything here......

I'm out.
                  Ummm...I actually mean your readiness to move on from Eli, but I understand how you went there.
                  I should have made that more clear

Comment

That is not what teams in similar situations did. Not with Steve Young or with Aaron Rodgers they sat for 3 + seasons.. The media or the fans do not call the shots. If the existing QB is winning. The next guy will sit until he does not. That is just the way it is. When the Owner GM and Coach all decide that the QB is not getting it done. Only then will what you say will happen.
                    I happen to agree. The ideal situation is that Eli kicks butt next season, and we can give the new guy some time to get acclimated to the NFL game. I am excited about the potential of a new era in New York, but...I'm not wanting to push Eli out. If Eli can perform, then great! If he can't - and there are some serious questions as to whether or not he can - then we'll have our guy ready (or, at least, available) to get that new era started. I really don't understand why that's such a complicated scenario to get our heads around.

Comment

Neither was a top 5 pick and neither team were losing.
                      But...if the Gints are winning with Eli, he stays in there, no question

I just struggle seeing that turnaround

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

Maybe we should expect the unexpected.

If there was ever a player that would have the most unlikely finish to his career, it would be Eli Manning.
                        True enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

I happen to agree. The ideal situation is that Eli kicks butt next season, and we can give the new guy some time to get acclimated to the NFL game. I am excited about the potential of a new era in New York, but...I'm not wanting to push Eli out. If Eli can perform, then great! If he can't - and there are some serious questions as to whether or not he can - then we'll have our guy ready (or, at least, available) to get that new era started. I really don't understand why that's such a complicated scenario to get our heads around.
                          I think some believe what they perceive to be what they want, is exactly the way it is. Even if there is substantial evidence to the contrary. I posted a link with quoted statement from ownership and staff. Yet the dismissal endures.
                          There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

I think some believe what they perceive to be what they want, is exactly the way it is. Even if there is substantial evidence to the contrary. I posted a link with quoted statement from ownership and staff. Yet the dismissal endures.
                            Things change...I think a losing season + a new QB pick at #2 = change.

Comment

Every QB has started in their first season for 13 years. That means there is no rookie QB, drafted in the top 5 who hasn't. So the percentage is 100%.
                              Did a few start due to injury? Perhaps. But the stat shows that those few, if they exist, would have started anyway.
                              The main point is the QB that they replaced.
                              Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Things change...I think a losing season + a new QB pick at #2 = change.
                                Believe what you want and keep dismissing what The entire FO stated.

I find it entertaining on why someone with inelegance can succumb to their own innuendos that completely defy the logic of the evidence.

If what you are saying is fact.

The entire FO are a bunch of low integrity individuals that used a 2 time SB MVP 14 year Vet as a pawn to pass off a false narrative . I can tell you , I do not believe for one second you think that is a plausible scenario. Not one member of the Giants FO would ever stoop that low. Sorry I am not drinking that Kool-Aid.

Comment

Working...
                                X