Peyton Hillis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peyton Hillis

Peyton Hillis, who can play FB and HB, is available and looking for a team to land on. Despite being only a couple of years removed from a great season (1100 yds and 13 td's in 2010), he's obviously not in high demand right now. That said, given the Giants' need at fullback plus the inexperience at HB, it seems to me it wouldn't hurt to give him a look....

The opportunity to sign the best FB in the league exists with Leach on the market. If we sign a FB, it'd be foolish not to make a serious run at him before anything else.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

I agree completely that Leach would be the ideal catch. But if salary cap gets in the way, or if Leach chooses someone else, we're still looking for option a at fullback....

Comment

I think our FB situation is Leach or bust at this point.
        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

hillis is a mental case at times tho, and his attitude imo is that of "im a rb, not a fb, dont ask me to be a fb", seemed pretty headstrong on that.

even when he was a FB, he claims he was forced into it bc of preconceived notions and that he wasn't right for that role. id pass.

Comment

i agree gmen. and, bear is a nice fall back plan regardless. it'd just be better to have someone of the caliber hyno is (and truthfull better at this point but not by much).

Comment

Report: Buccaneers to workout Peyton Hillis

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...artner=ya5nbcs

Comment

Hillis is a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by sg92 View Post
                  Peyton Hillis, who can play FB and HB, is available and looking for a team to land on. Despite being only a couple of years removed from a great season (1100 yds and 13 td's in 2010), he's obviously not in high demand right now. That said, given the Giants' need at fullback plus the inexperience at HB, it seems to me it wouldn't hurt to give him a look....
                  He was a guy i named on my list of intriguing FA's i wanted to look into. He just makes sense as a battering ram that can catch the ball, and complements David Wilson to a tee. And with Brown being injury prone, its not a bad idea to have a 2nd battering ram around. Albeit, Hillis is also injury prone. He simply makes sense.

Comment

Hillis is done already. Shame. He was fun a couple years back, but his running style plus his injuries.

His 3.6 ypc the past two seasons is pretty terrible. Especially considering both teams have pretty competent OLs

Comment

I like Hillis.. I'd welcome this move.. could play some HB too

Comment

I don't understand why everyone thinks we are in such a need of a fb. hyno will be back this year and bear is more than capable of "filling" the role until hyno is healthy. leach while he is a beast is not coming here get over it
                        sigpic
                        FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Hillis is a RB not a FB. He blocks like a RB not a fullback. If we can get Leach then do it, if not fogeeeeeet abouuuuuuuut it.
                          Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

I am all in with Pascoe to hold the fort till Hyno gets back. Unless they see hyno out for more than half the season then they need to get a full time FB...
                            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                              I am all in with Pascoe to hold the fort till Hyno gets back. Unless they see hyno out for more than half the season then they need to get a full time FB...
                              agreed 100%
                              sigpic
                              FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Working...
                              X