Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Papa and Banks break down 2 of Bettcher's calls.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Papa and Banks break down 2 of Bettcher's calls.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Giants/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    Last edited by Eli_QB10; 01-30-2018, 10:25 AM.

Carl Banks would be a great coach if he ever wanted to do it.

Comment

I've always thought so...too bad he's not interested

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
        Carl Banks would be a great coach if he ever wanted to do it.
        It doesn't take much to be a better coach than spags. I thought Carl banks was going to have a heart attack after the kc game last year with spags having jpp trying to cover Travis kelce.
        [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

It doesn't take much to be a better coach than spags..
          Really?..Does the name Perry Fewell ring a bell?

I think Spags needed to go because we are doing a clean sweep and his defenses have not always faired well but IMO he's a good DC when he has the horses in the stable...

Comment

Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

I think Spags needed to go because we are doing a clean sweep and his defenses have not always faired well but IMO he's a good DC when he has the horses in the stable...
            Fewell has a ring just like Spags.
            Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

Fewell has a ring just like Spags.
              Ha, you're right, should have said Tim Lewis instead

...and you make a good point because what separates the really good DCs from the average ones is the good ones can better adjust their schemes to their personnel
              Last edited by Eli_QB10; 01-30-2018, 03:33 PM.

Comment

A good dc can work with less than stellar talent. Spags had 2 of the worst defenses in the history of football or right up there. And he had some pretty good horses in the stable this year. The defense was not much different than 2 years ago, player wise. It was amazing to see how wide open his defense left players. Rewatch that Tampa game. It was like watching a jv high school defense play vs the pros. It was so bad that the giants offense won the time of possession by almost 10 mins.
                [SIGPIC]

Comment

A good dc can work with less than stellar talent. Spags had 2 of the worst defenses in the history of football or right up there. And he had some pretty good horses in the stable this year. The defense was not much different than 2 years ago, player wise. It was amazing to see how wide open his defense left players. Rewatch that Tampa game. It was like watching a jv high school defense play vs the pros. It was so bad that the giants offense won the time of possession by almost 10 mins.
                  I agree but think some of it was due to the defensive players mailing it in after they knew the season was shot

Comment

I agree but think some of it was due to the defensive players mailing it in after they knew the season was shot
                    Even at the start of the year the defense was bad. They blew 4th quater leads in the Tampa and eagles games. Spags is just not that good.
                    [SIGPIC]

Comment

Psyched to see this in action!

Comment

Even at the start of the year the defense was bad. They blew 4th quater leads in the Tampa and eagles games. Spags is just not that good.
                        Yeah but how do you explain the Giants defense being good the previous season? Spags is no Tom Landry but at the end of the day the players still have to execute

Comment

Yeah but how do you explain the Giants defense being good the previous season? Spags is no Tom Landry but at the end of the day the players still have to execute
                          There was a report from a football stats group basically saying the giants over achieved in 2016 as a team. And that they were due for a worse year in 2017. I think a lot had to do with the schedule and when they played teams. The giants only played 7 true road games. And other than the one London trip the giants made no West coast trips. Basically they got lucky. I will try to find the article.
                          [SIGPIC]

Comment

There was a report from a football stats group basically saying the giants over achieved in 2016 as a team. And that they were due for a worse year in 2017. I think a lot had to do with the schedule and when they played teams. The giants only played 7 true road games. And other than the one London trip the giants made no West coast trips. Basically they got lucky. I will try to find the article.
                            No need to I get it that the schedule was definitely easier in 2016...lets just hope we see better next season...

Comment

It's simple imo, concerning records from 15 to 17.

In 2015, if you guys remember, we were top in the league in losing close games. We had sooooo many heartbreakers in 2015.

In 2016 the opposite happened. We won every close game and may have won the most close games in the league.

Then in 2017 back to losing every close game we went. Outside of Dallas and Detroit the first 5 or 6 games were thrillers to the end and we lost the majority.

Here's hoping next year we either start blowing teams out with a slick new offense or we go back to winning the close games once more.

Comment

Working...
                              X