Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-Panther renews war with Giants GM: ‘Your problem now’

"Watch your back.

That was the message former Panthers running back DeAngelo Williams had for current Giants players about new GM Dave Gettleman.

“He’s your problem now,” Williams told WFAN from radio row in Minneapolis on Tuesday. “That’s exactly what I’d tell them. For the vet players that are there now, be very cautious. Once he gets his guys in there, then he develops that relationship with them, and not developing a relationship with the guys that are already there because he doesn’t know them.”"

"Williams expanded on his distaste for Gettleman that dates back to their time together in Carolina. Williams called Gettleman “a snake” in a tweet when the Panthers fired the exec before last season. Gettleman, who replaced Jerry Reese with the Giants, released Williams after the 2014 season following nine seasons with the team.

“I do not like him. When you are down in that locker room, you are a family,” Williams said. “As coaches and players, you spend most of your time together and the people upstairs don’t have that same connection the people in the locker room has. When you go upstairs, it’s the business aspect of the office. There’s a lot of GMs that come down — i.e. Marty Hurney, I had a great relationship with him — he would come down and you know about Marty Hurney’s family, he knows about your family and they handle things in a family-oriented way. …"

https://nypost.com/2018/01/30/ex-pan...r-problem-now/
    Last edited by bigjeep; 01-30-2018, 03:52 PM.
    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Yeah whateva DeAngelo.....

Comment

And we care what you have to say DeAngelo?

Comment

Steve Smith hates him too, of course he's a pretty pugnacious guy in general. There's something fishy with how he exited Carolina so I believe there's fire where there's smoke in this case. However, both were aging players and we need an exec to make those hard decisions as well as rebuild a roster with quality guys. All that matters is the talent he brings in for the time being - I don't care if he rubs some guys the wrong way.

Comment

Disturbing. Where there is smoke there is usually fire. Not saying I believe him 100%, but still.
          http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
          http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

This is everything you need to know about DeAngelo Williams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIabHTJYemI

Comment

Originally posted by Giantslb66 View Post
              And we care what you have to say DeAngelo?
              Only a fool ignores the warnings of those in a better position to know. Doesn't mean that we will necessarily end up feeling the same way, but...it's a bit concerning.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimmy View Post
                This is everything you need to know about DeAngelo Williams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIabHTJYemI
                No one can be summed up by a 6-minute period of their life.

There's really no need to attack the messenger over this. If you believe it might be true, then...fine, file it away and keep an eye on it. If you don't believe it's true, then...fine, it's the opinion of one player.

Not earth-shattering either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

No one can be summed up by a 6-minute period of their life.

There's really no need to attack the messenger over this. If you believe it might be true, then...fine, file it away and keep an eye on it. If you don't believe it's true, then...fine, it's the opinion of one player.

Not earth-shattering either way.
                  Nobody is attacking the messenger? Are you alright? No where in my post did I attack the OP. I attacked DeAngelo Williams because he's very ignorant in his remarks. This is the same guy that threw shade at Peyton Manning when he was retiring.

That video perfectly summarizes DeAngelo as a person. Trying way too hard to bring up their own methodical bull**** theories to make their side of the argument sound right. He's a dumbass.

Comment

So a rb that got cut at 31 years old after a season in which he only played 6 games and rushed for 219 yards is a little salty?
                    He hadn't broke 900 yards for the 4 years previous to that, and "only" had 16 tds in those 5 years.

So he hates the guy that cut him. Ok. Next.
                    Last edited by lasion2; 01-30-2018, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Yea we should all worry about 2 players that were salty about being on the tail-end of their careers and not getting the payday they were looking for in a business that looks for youth and output.

OMG DAVE GETTLEMAN IS THE DEVIL

edit:

Originally posted by lasion2 View Post
                      So a rb that got cut at 31 years old after a season in which he only played 6 games and rushed for 219 yards is a little salty? Ok. Next.

THANK YOU.

Comment

If i got too old to preform the way i need to at work and my boss shipped me over to a different branch i would be mad to. Doesn't mean he is a bad boss but obviously im gonna have a problem with him. I bet the members of the FO and coaching staff he let go dont like him either.
                        Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

“I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. … He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.”

Comment

Look, Gettelman ran the Panthers the best way he saw fit. All of these guys have a shelf like.

DeAngelo is a terrific RB, WHEN he is healthy, which is not often.

Steve Smith HAD to be let go. Cam Newton needed to take a step forward as a leader, and he couldn't do it with Steve Smith here.

It was similar to Shockey/Eli here.

As fans, I think we should be glad that we will have a GM that will make the very difficult decisions.

I like Marty Hurney too, but Hurney put that ream in Salary Cap hell, and Dave had a big mess to clean up there.

Dave is the right guy for the right job.

And don't forget, the Mara's and the GIANTS treat their players well. Dave will be told what is expected of him too.

Don;t worry about Dave, be glad he is here. He is going to fix this.

Comment

the only interest I have in Dave Gettleman is what kind of job he does for the Giants...

Comment

Originally posted by Shimmy View Post
                              Yea we should all worry about 2 players that were salty about being on the tail-end of their careers and not getting the payday they were looking for in a business that looks for youth and output.

OMG DAVE GETTLEMAN IS THE DEVIL

edit:

THANK YOU.
                              I agree. You can keep players a year too long, or get rid of them a year too soon sometimes. i really don't have a problem with getting rid of them. the cap is not easy to control, and if you sink it into older players that had recent injury history, you can totally hamstring the organization. I'm not surprised that either player is pissed, but the business side of football often gets the better of them. And Steve Smith has one helluva mouth on him anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X