Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archie Manning: Eli understands why Giants must consider drafting QB

https://www.sny.tv/giants/news/archi...g-qb/265542826

Archie Manning knows his son -- Giants QB Eli Manning -- doesn't want to end his career in New York on a sour note with a 3-13 season. That is why he loves hearing the Giants' new regime is in his corner.

Giants GM Dave Gettleman and HC Pat Shurmur are confident in Manning despite the woes of last season. The 37-year-old stayed healthy through all the other injures that ravaged the offense, and his father believes with Eli at the helm, the Giants could make a comeback next season.

Archie also knows his son doesn't want to daunt other jersey next season.

"I think there's something special to play a career in one spot," Archie told The Post's Steve Serby. "He certainly didn't want to leave on a season like that. But at the same time, he understands the whole scenario...I know this: I know no one will outwork him."

Eli has been working since the season ended, maintaining his arm strength and body for another grueling season. For older quarterbacks like Drew Brees and Tom Brady, Eli says it has become a routine for him the last few years.

"I think I've done a good job with we call it prehab, or your maintenance work, just keeping it strong, keeping it loose, and strengthening exercises that keep it alive and recovery exercises, as well," Eli said. "I think I've done a good job kinda these last four years getting a plan to keep it alive and to extend the career."" Read more...

Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-30-2018, 10:11 PM.

Yeah, I know, I know...the last thing we need around here is another Eli post...nevertheless here it is,for your reading pleasure

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan

If this is a media article, you have to post the link
      Done..

Comment

Eli this year looked trimmer and in better shape than he ever has. He also has not lost any arm strength.

Confidence was the issue. I see Shurmur coming in and revitalizing him back to 2014/15 form where he was a stud imo.

Shurmur stated that he worked with Eli at his camp this past year and was impressed with how in shape he looked.

Comment

How old is Eli now? Is daddy gonna ever shut his yap?......I wish Mara would tell him to **** off. Must be nice to get so many advantages bc of who your daddy is. Did Payton have to have Papa Manning in his corner as much or did his talent speak for him? Somebody in the Giants FO needs to tell Archie ball that Reese made a big mistake with that last contract. Letís enjoy another year of mediocrity instead, right Giants fans?

Comment

Originally posted by Nyer View Post
            Did Payton have to have Papa Manning in his corner as much or did his talent speak for him?
            Payton's only chance to let his talent speak for him was when he was a scab for the Bears.

Comment

How old is Eli now? Is daddy gonna ever shut his yap?......I wish Mara would tell him to **** off. Must be nice to get so many advantages bc of who your daddy is. Did Payton have to have Papa Manning in his corner as much or did his talent speak for him? Somebody in the Giants FO needs to tell Archie ball that Reese made a big mistake with that last contract. Letís enjoy another year of mediocrity instead, right Giants fans?
              Damn dude would you prefer he just posts on a message board instead?

Comment

Why don't you tell us all how you really feel about Eli?...lol

Not to mention Eli is not the only reason this team has been mediocre...how bout mediocre performances from the OL, WRs, defense, coaching staff?
                Last edited by Eli_QB10; 01-31-2018, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

Why don't you tell us all how you really feel about Eli?...lol

Not to mention Eli is not the only reason this team has been mediocre...how bout mediocre performances from the OL, WRs, defense, coaching staff?
                  I wonder if the next QB will be afforded the same excuses
                  Emperor Tom

Comment

shut up jerk off.
                    You sound like an idiot. Nothing Archie Manning said was bad at all. They are only asking him because he was a former NFL player and QB.
                    You're an angry little man I guess.
                    I am not an Eli homer and hope the Giants find their next QB in the draft or with Webb.
                    Last edited by GameTime; 01-31-2018, 08:20 AM.
                    "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by NWKEffectElement View Post

maybe if the next QB plays for 14 seasons with two SB wins with the Giants then yeah I bet he does.

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post

maybe if the next QB plays for 14 seasons with two SB wins with the Giants then yeah I bet he does.
                        See how that works? We win a Superbowl it's he, we go 3-13 it's everybody else.
                        Emperor Tom

Comment

What are you talking about? No one has said that Eli has not played mediocre nor is anyone making excuses for him? Please learn the game of football before you post here again...sigh

Comment

See how that works? We win a Superbowl it's he, we go 3-13 it's everybody else.
                            not with me. I didnt say Eli won the SBs. Its a total team effort.

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post

not with me. I didnt say Eli won the SBs. Its a total team effort.
                              I think the saying that the QB gets too much credit or too much blame applies here...

Comment

Working...
                              X