Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spags says Giants had 2 signal callers vs Pats 2007-08 SB because of Pats cheating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spags says Giants had 2 signal callers vs Pats 2007-08 SB because of Pats cheating

Shocker. Patriots legacy is built with cheating. Imagine how easy it would be to win SBs knowing teams signals.

Pats vs Eagles SB39

"Here's what I remember distinctly," Spagnuolo said. "At the time, I was up in the box, and Jim was down on the field. And I remember through the course of the game, Jim saying, 'They're getting our signals. They know when we're blitzing. They're getting our signals. Try to hide it, etc. etc.' And I remember distinctly thinking, 'Jim I don't think that's true.' Now I'm not saying this to him, because I don't want to upset him. I'm saying it to myself. 'I don't think so Jim, just concentrate on calling the game.'

"In hindsight, he was right. When you go back and look at that tape, it was evident to us -- and I'm not crying over spilled milk here -- but we believed that Tom [Brady] knew when we were pressuring, because he certainly got the ball out pretty quick."

Where things get interesting in this situation is Spags has actually beaten the Patriots in a Super Bowl. He would later become the defensive coordinator for the New York Giants, who went on to stun the Pats in their first Super Bowl loss with a 17-14 victory in Super Bowl XLII.

And when he played them in that game, he made sure to have multiple signal callers.

"But, you know, you gotta play the game, and they won that particular day, but there's no question I wasn't going to let that happen in the 2008 Super Bowl [with the Giants) after the 2007 season," Spagnuolo explained. "We made sure we had two signal callers, and we were protecting against that."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...per-bowl-loss/

And the Patriots cheating is a surprise in what way? That organization will do whatever it takes to win...including cheating. They taped the Rams plays & held a 14-2 team that had beaten NE in Foxboro 24-17 that season & scored over 500+ pts that yr to just 17 in the SB?

Comment

Stealing Signals is something that every single team does. Having multiple signal callers in a playoff game/Super Bowl should be a no-brainer.

Kudos to Spags for doing that in 42.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        Shocker. Patriots legacy is built with cheating. Imagine how easy it would be to win SBs knowing teams signals.

Pats vs Eagles SB39

"Here's what I remember distinctly," Spagnuolo said. "At the time, I was up in the box, and Jim was down on the field. And I remember through the course of the game, Jim saying, 'They're getting our signals. They know when we're blitzing. They're getting our signals. Try to hide it, etc. etc.' And I remember distinctly thinking, 'Jim I don't think that's true.' Now I'm not saying this to him, because I don't want to upset him. I'm saying it to myself. 'I don't think so Jim, just concentrate on calling the game.'

"In hindsight, he was right. When you go back and look at that tape, it was evident to us -- and I'm not crying over spilled milk here -- but we believed that Tom [Brady] knew when we were pressuring, because he certainly got the ball out pretty quick."

Where things get interesting in this situation is Spags has actually beaten the Patriots in a Super Bowl. He would later become the defensive coordinator for the New York Giants, who went on to stun the Pats in their first Super Bowl loss with a 17-14 victory in Super Bowl XLII.

And when he played them in that game, he made sure to have multiple signal callers.

"But, you know, you gotta play the game, and they won that particular day, but there's no question I wasn't going to let that happen in the 2008 Super Bowl [with the Giants) after the 2007 season," Spagnuolo explained. "We made sure we had two signal callers, and we were protecting against that."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...per-bowl-loss/
        You ARE tenacious.....I will give you that.
        Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

they are multiple time cheaters that is a known fact. They take every advantage whether ethical or not and capitalize on it.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

You ARE tenacious.....I will give you that.
            Hey, Spags said it. And he isn't the first. The league knows they cheat and dance on the gray line in every aspect. And they get favored by the refs. It's hard to not want to watch them lose on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Hey, Spags said it. And he isn't the first. The league knows they cheat and dance on the gray line in every aspect. And they get favored by the refs. It's hard to not want to watch them lose on Sunday.
              Yes i know your feelings. I might suggest that you could be "slightly" biased against anything Boston. Just saying.
              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Yes i know your feelings. I might suggest that you could be "slightly" biased against anything Boston. Just saying.
                Didnt you start a thread about Patriots fans being the worst? Hmmm.

Comment

It's not cheating,all teams do it.

Comment

Originally posted by G1.. View Post
                    Tell that to Lance Armstrong.
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by G1.. View Post
                      Arod said the same thing.

Comment

R u kidding ? of course you try to get the other teams signals if you can. That's all part of it.

Comment

KC losing to Tenn was a huge relief to NE as I'm sure they did not wanna face that team again an see Hunt destroy them again. It's amazing the type of huge breaks that go NEs way come the playoffs. Steelers get KOed by J-ville, NE sigh of relief, KC gets KOed by Tenn, another NE sigh of relief. The only 2 teams that I feel could have beaten NE in the AFCCG get KOed in the div rds & NE gets the mighty Titans & Jags instead. I said it before & I'll say it again, I seriously feel that Kraft made a deal with Satan prior to the 2001 season. Freakin Giants had to go thru #1-#2 seeded teams on the rd to get to their 2 SBs in 07'-11'. That's one thing us Giants fans can proudly say is that we earned the right to be called world champs in both those yrs cuz we beat the very best in route to the SB & then beat what is considered the best team in NFL history, the NE Patriots not once but twice in the SB! And asides from Atl, all on the rd!

Comment

Spags is not a person to blow smoke.

Comment

why isnt called cheating in baseball? many times teams go into a certain formation to run for example is that cheating as well if you recognize it?

Comment

Working...
                              X