Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spags says Giants had 2 signal callers vs Pats 2007-08 SB because of Pats cheating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
    why isnt called cheating in baseball? many times teams go into a certain formation to run for example is that cheating as well if you recognize it?
    Exactly. The real conversation should be why did the Eagles let their signals get stolen in the Super Bowl !

Comment

In the end, it prevented the Eagles from winning a SB. While the Giants were able to win theirs twice.

Its all good.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
        why isnt called cheating in baseball? many times teams go into a certain formation to run for example is that cheating as well if you recognize it?
        Its definitely below the belt and not looked upon as honorable. Its dirty. Stealing a playbook, is that ok too? Patriots did that too. How about the spygate thing? Deflategate? Stealing / jamming radio frequencies? Its always something with them. Never clean.

And I still cant believe the Seahawks and Falcons didnt run the damn ball. Run it and they are champs and the Pats lose their last 4 SBs. Something about those birds going through the air. I guess the Eagles are in for the same.
        Last edited by TheAnalyst; 01-31-2018, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Its definitely below the belt and not looked upon as honorable. Its dirty. Stealing a playbook, is that ok too? Patriots did that too. How about the spygate thing? Deflategate? Stealing / jamming radio frequencies? Its always something with them. Never clean.

And I still cant believe the Seahawks and Falcons didnt run the damn ball. Run it and they are champs and the Pats lose their last 4 SBs. Something about those birds going through the air. I guess the Eagles are in for the same.
          I'm surprised the idea of stealing signals is cheating or not is even debatable: if they are stealing signals, they are cheating. It is even called "stealing" I wouldn't do it if I had an opportunity. Suggesting the Eagles were at fault because they let their signals be stolen is like blaming someone who didn't put extra precautions against break-ins on their home for being robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by bringsimmsback View Post

I'm surprised the idea of stealing signals is cheating or not is even debatable: if they are stealing signals, they are cheating. It is even called "stealing" I wouldn't do it if I had an opportunity. Suggesting the Eagles were at fault because they let their signals be stolen is like blaming someone who didn't put extra precautions against break-ins on their home for being robbed.
            When ever a team gets the upper hand by some tactic (deflating footballs for a better grip in the cold, video taping practices of the opponent, stealing a playbook or signals to sue during a game, HGH, PEDs ect) its all cheating in my book.

Comment

Hey, Spags said it. And he isn't the first. The league knows they cheat and dance on the gray line in every aspect. And they get favored by the refs. It's hard to not want to watch them lose on Sunday.
              I'm 100% rooting for the Patriots.

Because I want TC to be the only man to beat Bellichick in the super bowl.

And MOTHER**** the Eagles, more importantly.

Comment

Originally posted by bringsimmsback View Post

If i was an owner and found out my HC pulled some moral bull**** in an entertainment sport and cost me MILLIONS by not winning a game, or championship, that ****ing hc would be gone immediately.

Just win.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post

I'm 100% rooting for the Patriots.

Because I want TC to be the only man to beat Bellichick in the super bowl.

And MOTHER**** the Eagles, more importantly.
                  I can not disagree with this statement. This game already happened in 2004. It was painfull wanting the Pats to win. Mainly because of Boston fans in general. They are right there with Philly fans

Comment

When ever a team gets the upper hand by some tactic (deflating footballs for a better grip in the cold, video taping practices of the opponent, stealing a playbook or signals to sue during a game, HGH, PEDs ect) its all cheating in my book.
                    Another example would be opening the stadium doors when the other team is kicking a field goal because it creates swirling winds.
                    Or faking an injury on defense to slow the pace of the game down and get your players rest.

Comment

Didnt you start a thread about Patriots fans being the worst? Hmmm.
                      Touche! And Morehead taps out.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

Another example would be opening the stadium doors when the other team is kicking a field goal because it creates swirling winds.
                        Or faking an injury on defense to slow the pace of the game down and get your players rest.
                        Sure. Although the faking an injury is regulated. The injured player has to miss 1 play (I think it should be like 5 plays so players think twice about doing it). The opening of the stadium only part of the time should be regulated though. Either open all game or closed all game.

Comment

Sure. Although the faking an injury is regulated. The injured player has to miss 1 play (I think it should be like 5 plays so players think twice about doing it). The opening of the stadium only part of the time should be regulated though. Either open all game or closed all game.
                          Th Giants routinely did that with the doors at the old Meadowlands...cheating other teams

You OK with this?
                          http://www.espn.com/new-york/nfl/sto...eaching-faking
                          Last edited by Delicreep; 01-31-2018, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Th Giants routinely did that with the doors at the old Meadowlands...cheating other teams

You OK with this?
                            Of course I am, the Giants did it

Actually, I had forgotten about that. It didn't impress any thoughts on me at the time but, perhaps because I'm older now, I don't like the sound of it.

Comment

The other signal caller probably made the good calls...

j/k Spags..lol
                              Long Live the King

Comment

You OK with this?
                                Thats a link to the faking injuries.

Comment

Working...
                                X