Joe Mays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    nevermind. gmen is once again correct. guess he was an eagle for a period of time.
    He was drafted by the Eagles
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      I just asked a question
      And I answered it. If you took it as me being a jerk then I apologize. That wasn't my intention

Comment

Originally posted by Jppallday View Post
        And I answered it. If you took it as me being a jerk then I apologize. That wasn't my intention
        I don't know anything about Mays but I am really suspect at his release while Miller is facing a 4 game suspension. Seems odd to me, that's all.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I don't know anything about Mays but I am really suspect at his release while Miller is facing a 4 game suspension. Seems odd to me, that's all.
          I obviously know as much or less than you what he's like as a teammate or person so your suspicion could prove to be true. I'm purely talking about his play on the field, he would help the Giants no doubt about it

Comment

I obviously know as much or less than you what he's like as a teammate or person so your suspicion could prove to be true. I'm purely talking about his play on the field, he would help the Giants no doubt about it
            Until Leach lands somewhere, we may not have the $$ to make an offer.

Comment

mays is 5'11 245lbs 2 down LB.. as a starter he averages about 4 tackles a game.. he is coming off a broken leg and ankle.. hardly an upgrade

Comment

Until Leach lands somewhere, we may not have the $$ to make an offer.
                I don't think there's any chance Leach ends up a Giant

Comment

I don't think there's any chance Leach ends up a Giant
                  You're probably right but our offer is still valid I think. I expect him to go back to the Ravens

Comment

You're probably right but our offer is still valid I think. I expect him to go back to the Ravens
                    I think Ravens as well, which is a shame because we could sure use him for a year

Comment

If you read the comments section in this article, the people who watched him regularly are being pretty vicious towards him. Doesn't sound like he'd be an improvement over anyone.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...cker-joe-mays/

Comment

Originally posted by FishinTheSalt View Post
                        If you read the comments section in this article, the people who watched him regularly are being pretty vicious towards him. Doesn't sound like he'd be an improvement over anyone.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...cker-joe-mays/
                        I'm seeing just as many positive comments about him on that thread that you just posted. This is all a matter of opinion, and maybe the problem is you should be making your own opinion about the matter instead of looking at what other people are saying. I believe he would upgrade our linebacking corps and if you don't, to each his own.

Comment

didn't he sell KABOOM Cleaner on TV infomercials too????/.....
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Doesn't sound like he'd be an improvement over anyone

his size and productivity agree with you

Comment

Since I know nothing about Mays, I can only learn about what people who watch him regularly say and statistics. He's a backup who's recovering from a broken leg.

His best year, 2 years ago, statistics were slightly worse than Chases in 2012. See for yourself. I just don't see him as an upgrade. If he'd come in for minimum and try to compete for a spot, I'm ok with that.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/MaysJo99.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...B/BlacCh21.htm

Here is a link to the broncos message board post about it. None of the fans were surprised by the move or even seem to care.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...-Mays-released

Comment

took mays as my starting MLB in a madden fantasy draft, he anchored my raiders defense for years and won superbowl MVP when we beat ryan tannehill, vincent jackson and the saints 10-6 in the superbowl..

other then that i don't really know anything about this guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X