Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Spagnuolo: Big Blue will always run through my veins despite NY Giants parting ways

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Spagnuolo: Big Blue will always run through my veins despite NY Giants parting ways

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sp...ys/1083293001/

Former Giants defensive coordinator and interim head coach Steve Spagnuolo talks at Super Bowl LII about how his tenure ended, his next step and the 10-year anniversary of Super Bowl XLII
    Art Stapleton/NorthJersey.com

BLOOMINGTON, Minn. There was a time not long ago that Steve Spagnuolo believed he would never coach for anyone other than the New York Giants.

With the dust from that Big Blue debacle now settled, Spagnuolo is out of a job, having parted ways with the franchise last month despite interviewing for the head coaching position that went to Pat Shurmur.
    Read more...

Spags needed to go because we needed to clean house but I will forever love this guy and be greatful for his contribution to SB LII....class act

Comment

I understand Spags having to go what with the collapse of the defense last year reasins being possibly players quit on him and the HC, defenses became easy to read, or HC forced changes the players and maybe Spags did not go along with it's unknown, but the question I have is why didn't Arizona think highly of a coach who gave them a more than good defense and a high recommendation from Arians, favor a 1-year unknown D coordinator from Charlotte? I like the Giants' hiring for DC, but just wonder. Also, I'm out to lunch, so to speak, on the hiring of the new O-line coach who's been out of football for a year and does seem to have a questionable resume. Can he be the best available?

Comment

Class act. I wish him well.

Comment

Good guy. Ineffective coordinator.
          Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            I wouldn't say totally ineffective but it appears that he is an average DC because he is only effective when he has all the horses in the stable which separates him from the elite DCs...with that being said who would you consider to be the elite?

Comment

I don't think he will ever coach here again. If he did, I think he would be approaching Billy Martin Status
              Long Live the King

Comment

He is a good man. He disappointed me last season tho.

Wish him the best.

Comment

Coach Spags - A Big Blue thank you from this NY Giants fan.

Comment

Love this man he's a true Giant for life.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      wrong as usual

Comment

Originally posted by nycowns View Post

wrong as usual
                        How about, inconsistent coordinator. I certainly don't think he's bad, but he's been unfortunate.
                        Long Live the King

Comment

He cooked with the ingredients given to him by management.

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

How about, inconsistent coordinator. I certainly don't think he's bad, but he's been unfortunate.
                            Fans fail to comprehend that our lousy offense was constantly putting the Defense in horrible situations. Just look at Denver this year, same thing.

Comment

Nah, some expect our D to be on the field 32 min + every week & still hold the opponent to under 20 while our O is scoring 14 ppg.

Comment

Working...
                              X