X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Helmet Catch on NFLN

The Helmet Catch Special areas Tonight at 10EST on NFLN

The show is called "The Timeline"
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I was at my bud' s barbershop today and we were watching the Super Bowl XLII DVD...still don't know how the hell he came down with that ball!

Comment

not as good documentary as the "Two Bills" but fun to watch nonetheless.

what they didn't talk about was the play before that lead to the helmet catch. eli was heated about tyree running the wrong route that almost got picked off be asante samuel.

Comment

Happy Anniversary everybody. The Helmet Catch and Super Bowl XLII was 10 years ago today. February 3, 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
          Happy Anniversary everybody. The Helmet Catch and Super Bowl XLII was 10 years ago today. February 3, 2008.
          I remember like it was yesterday. I was at school in South Carolina. The day before I bought the most expensive victory cigar I could find. What a great day.
          [SIGPIC]

Comment

Something people hardly ever talk about. There is no "helmet catch" if Eli doesn't struggle to break free from at least 2 potential sacks & lets thank the Ref for not blowing the "in the grasp" whistle. Both came very close to happening. I'm also sick & tired of the haters pulling the " Eli just chucked it up there with his eyes closed" excuse card. The man was able to spot Tyree in a sea of Patriots DBs & put it where only Tyree had the best chance at catching it. Harrison was all over Tyree like a fly on caca & there where at least 3 other Patriots in the vicinity as well. Eli saw Tyree downfield & threw the ball to him. Greatest play in SB history!

Comment

My brother’s memories of that play aren’t as pleasant as mine.
              When I thought Eli was gonna get sacked...I jumped up, yell’d “OH ****, NOOOO” with a mouth full of ribs and coleslaw, and spray painted the back of my brother’s head with chewed food!!
              Then because he had to run to the bathroom to clean himself off, he missed Tyree coming down with the completion!!!
              "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

What made the SB 42 run extra sweet, was watching the Giants leave egg on the face of the NY media, week after winnng playoff week!
                Especially Gary Myers, who I hate, because he predicted Tom Brady dropping like 40 points or something on the Giants, with the Gints lucky if they managed a couple of FG’s.
                The Giants single handedly proved that the “football exper” was a myth!!
                Doubly sweet when they thought they would be vindicated 4 years later by predicting that the Patriots would maul the Giants THIS TIME ...only to look like total *******s yet again!!!!! Lol
                "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

And that catch was the very last of Tyree's career.

Comment

This was very good, highly recommend it. Tbh I had no idea about Tyree's struggles with drugs and alcohol in the years prior to what he did in that Super Bowl

Comment

I remember the Fox team of Howie, Terry, JJ and Brown making fools of themselves by picking against the Giants every single game of the playoffs in 2007 &; 2011. IMO, no other WC rd team had to go thru a juggernaut of teams that the Giants had to beat to win their 2 SBs in 07'-11'. We played against teams that won 13 or more games such as the 07'-11' Packers who were 13-3 & 15-1 when we beat em in the playoffs in their house. We beat 13-3 Dallas in their house. We beat 13-3 SF in their house. We beat NE who sported records of 16-0 & 13-3. Most of those teams we beat were the #1 seed and had beaten us during the regular season so it was such sweet payback to beat em in the playoffs. in 2007, we got swept by Dallas and GB stomped us in week 2 and NE beat us in the season finale to finish 16-0. We got payback on all of em in the playoffs. In 2011, GB and SF beat us in the regular season, we got payback in the playoffs. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Comment

I watched it today makes me feel some blue pride coming back! The Patriots and their fans get to relive it every year and yes it does bother them...haha

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
                          Something people hardly ever talk about. There is no "helmet catch" if Eli doesn't struggle to break free from at least 2 potential sacks & lets thank the Ref for not blowing the "in the grasp" whistle. Both came very close to happening. I'm also sick & tired of the haters pulling the " Eli just chucked it up there with his eyes closed" excuse card. The man was able to spot Tyree in a sea of Patriots DBs & put it where only Tyree had the best chance at catching it. Harrison was all over Tyree like a fly on caca & there where at least 3 other Patriots in the vicinity as well. Eli saw Tyree downfield & threw the ball to him. Greatest play in SB history!
                          they talked about it in the documentary, one wouldn't have happened without the other.

here's a great read about the play: https://www.si.com/vault/2008/08/04/105718213/remember

Comment

I Remember it like it was yesterday . I look at my wife with a tear in my eye and said the Giants just won the Super bowl.

I just watched it. great recap
                            "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by NYtoSanDiego View Post

they talked about it in the documentary, one wouldn't have happened without the other.

here's a great read about the play: https://www.si.com/vault/2008/08/04/105718213/remember
                              Yep about the Eli Escape & even had the ref on saying he was close to Blowing it dead and explained why he didn't
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                              X