Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli Manning: Not my job to mentor

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/02/...mentor-rookie/

"Its not your job to mentor somebody, the giants quarterback told reporters Friday at the Mall of America. I wouldnt look at it as that role. I would look at it as its my job to prepare and compete and be ready to play each and every game. In that process, you are always talking football, always helping out the other guys in the room.

Click the link for more. I actually agree with his thinking. It isn't his job to train his replacement, especially when he feels that he can still play really good. He also IMO shouldn't even want to mentor someone that is about to take his job. Thoughts?
    If you respect others, they will respect you.

Troublemaker.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

"Its not your job to mentor somebody, the giants quarterback told reporters Friday at the Mall of America. I wouldnt look at it as that role. I would look at it as its my job to prepare and compete and be ready to play each and every game. In that process, you are always talking football, always helping out the other guys in the room.

Click the link for more. I actually agree with his thinking. It isn't his job to train his replacement, especially when he feels that he can still play really good. He also IMO shouldn't even want to mentor someone that is about to take his job. Thoughts?
      Question, I don't get your point of posting this. If it is to BASH ELI it is a pretty lame way to do it, especially since its NOT Eli's job to mentor, he does however say he HELPS and TALKS to the other QB's below him and welcomes them in the QB meeting and film rooms and explains what is going on through discussions welcome discussions.

I don't see the Point of this post
      Last edited by couchcoach100; 02-02-2018, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by couchcoach100 View Post

Question, I don't get your point of posting this. If it is to BASH ELI it is a pretty lame way to do it, especially since its NOT Eli's job to mentor, he does however say he HELPS and TALKS to the other QB's below him and welcomes them in the QB meeting and film rooms and explains what is going on through discussions welcome discussions.

+1

Comment

yeah they keep telling me he is a team guy.

Comment

Eli has the 100% correct mindset for a professional athlete who is expected to play for his team.

There is no such thing as a player having a mentoring job. If you want to be in the mentoring business hen you are a coach.

All there is, is good teammates and bad teammates. Eli is a good teammate. Any young QBs who are fortunate enough to work with him will benefit from being his teammates

Comment

Look, if you don't like the thread, don't post in it. I actually don't think it is his job to mentor anyone. In the real world, no one mentors their replacement that is coming to take their job when they're not ready to quit or retire.
              If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

It's an article about the Giants. Why are you guys so sensitive?
                Emperor Tom

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

Of course it's not his responsibility.

If he's the starter, then his sole obligation is to get ready for that weeks game.

Are there actually people who think that he should be taking time away from that to prep a guy who will ideally not play.

Comment

Anything slightly negative gets the All In on Eli crowd in a tizzy.

There are tons of threads that are pointless. Just let em ride or run and hide.

This one however, isnt to bash Eli I dont think. Its to show you that Eli wont be the team guy. HE isnt going to let Davis Webb get any snaps. Its why he didnt last year. Eli has Mara by the **** and isnt letting go. This is why potetial coaches wanted no part to be here. THIS.

If we told Eli that we need to see Webb of a drafted QB has, he would just not play again. He would just say, fine, see ya!.
                    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 02-02-2018, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

If he's the starter, then his sole obligation is to get ready for that weeks game.

Are there actually people who think that he should be taking time away from that to prep a guy who will ideally not play.
                      there is no taking time away when your on the sideline and the D is out there , i have seen many times the qb go over pics and plays with the back up qb and OC on the sidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

there is no taking time away when your on the sideline and the D is out there , i have seen many times the qb go over pics and plays with the back up qb and OC on the sideline

Comment

there is no taking time away when your on the sideline and the D is out there , i have seen many times the qb go over pics and plays with the back up qb and OC on the sidelines.

Last edited by Harooni; 02-02-2018, 06:17 PM.

Comment

That's why we have QB coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                              That's why we have QB coaches.
                              no need for Eli to coach him , but mentor a young qb would be being a team guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X