Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants coach Pat Shurmur expects to hire an offensive coordinator this week

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "Pat Shurmur isn't sharing much about his offensive coordinator search, but the new Giants coach expects to have his full staff in place this week.

"We've got a few (assistants) in the building, and we'll finish up the hiring process (this) week," Shurmur said Saturday night on the red carpet of the NFL Honors awards show. "Then we'll all get to work."

When asked if he has conducted any offensive coordinator interviews, Shurmur replied, "I've got an idea of what I want to do."

The fact that Shurmur isn't conducting a wide search indicates that he has his sights set on a coach he knows well. Vikings quarterbacks coach Kevin Stefanski, who spent the past two years working under Shurmur in Minnesota, fits that bill.

"I think he's a tremendous coach," Shurmur said." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Pass. That's just too many people on the coaching staff who's last names are difficult to pronounce.
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Obviously we should all care about this, but this is a relatively low stakes hire compared to defensive coordinator. Shurmur is clearly going to be running the offense.

Comment

Working...
      X