Offensive lines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

The point is, you are one of the 4 Eli weirdo's here. You constantly whine about Eli, yet fail to realize no QB in the NFL can have success behind an OT group of Flowers Hart Wheeler Biznowaty. Keep on with your constant whining about Eli. That's who you are.
    An Eli weirdo? Is that English?

How old are you, 5?

Comment

• Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

In one post you say "It gives us a strong interior, with a poor OT's."

In another post you say "I have never said they had quality at OT"

My reading comprehension is bad? You are a joke. You aren't fooling anyone.
      I never saw him say anywhere that we had good OTs. I thought he was simply saying we have bad OTs now and this move doesn’t solve that, it still leaves us with bad OTs.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycowns View Post
        Morehead gets destroyed in every thread he/she enters LMAO
        LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

The problem is that all the guys in the draft are big projections, most scare the heck out of me. I think our LT will have to come from FA but I dont want Solder and how much he will cost.
          I agree on all you are saying, but we need an experienced LT. Plus, I think Solder will only get a 2-3 year deal this offseason. He is at least average out there at LT, and that is far better than what we have had the past few years. Wheeler is not ready and putting a rookie out there wouldnt be much better than Flowers most likely. To me, we are in a 2 year retool which is why I take a QB now and let him sit a year behind Eli. Have him ready to take over in 2019 with an improved roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

So you would take Solder over Norwell?
            Getting an experienced LT to me is the most important thing Gettleman has to do this offseason. The interior OL class is stacked and I think we can find an excellent LG that can plug and play in round 2. We are not finding a competent LT for 2018 in the draft and we dont have one on the roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

Getting an experienced LT to me is the most important thing Gettleman has to do this offseason. The interior OL class is stacked and I think we can find an excellent LG that can plug and play in round 2. We are not finding a competent LT for 2018 in the draft and we dont have one on the roster.
              So you WOULD take Solder over Norwell, if it had to be 1 or the other. Got it

The only experienced LT is Solder, so we force ourselves to overpay for an average LT when we could have paid for a top 5 OG??? I personally dont like it. While Flowers isnt great is he really that much different than Solder?? I personally havent watched a ton of his tape, but he doesnt seem like anything more than average.

This class IS stocked with interior OL talent, Nelson, Wynn, Hernandez, Price, Daniels, Ragnow, or Smith could step in day 1 and be a starter

And im with ya on the lack of LT talent this draft, while there are a few good OT prospects, they ALL seem better on the right side
              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

So you WOULD take Solder over Norwell, if it had to be 1 or the other. Got it

The only experienced LT is Solder, so we force ourselves to overpay for an average LT when we could have paid for a top 5 OG??? I personally dont like it. While Flowers isnt great is he really that much different than Solder?? I personally havent watched a ton of his tape, but he doesnt seem like anything more than average.

This class IS stocked with interior OL talent, Nelson, Wynn, Hernandez, Price, Daniels, Ragnow, or Smith could step in day 1 and be a starter

And im with ya on the lack of LT talent this draft, while there are a few good OT prospects, they ALL seem better on the right side
                Solder is a far better LT than Flowers. Its not close. Ideally, you would like both guys. But I would rather roll this way:

LT - Solder LG - Will Hernandez

Than this way:

LT - Wheeler/Rookie/Flowers LG - Norwell

Comment

Solder is a far better LT than Flowers. Its not close. Ideally, you would like both guys. But I would rather roll this way:

LT - Solder LG - Will Hernandez

Than this way:

LT - Wheeler/Rookie/Flowers LG - Norwell
                  Where do u want to place Flowers?? RT?? RG??

Im not sure where i feel he would be best suited, and which configuration would be best for our OL

As long as we reconfigure our OL, im good with it. Personally i would like Norwell and Nelson/Wynn/Hernandez/Daniels/Ragnow or Price to be our interior
                  Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Where do u want to place Flowers?? RT?? RG??

Im not sure where i feel he would be best suited, and which configuration would be best for our OL

As long as we reconfigure our OL, im good with it. Personally i would like Norwell and Nelson/Wynn/Hernandez/Daniels/Ragnow or Price to be our interior
                    Ideally, Flowers would be dealt away. But I think we are stuck with having him somewhere on the OL so RT is where I would put him. He will most likely stink there so he goes after 2018 after we dont exercise his 5th year option. Thats why I am thinking the OL will take 2 years to complete.

Comment

• Pay Pugh and let him play LT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

Doesn't that make his case? All season I heard how great the Patriots offensive line is, they don't look too go to me.
                        It didn't?

The Pats had the #1 offense (yards), #2 offense (points), #2 pass offense (yards), #2 pass offense (QB Rating), #10 rush offense.

Averaged 31 points and 465 yards per game in the post season.

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
                          Pay Pugh and let him play LT.
                          I don't trust his back, and other myriad of injuries he has sustained in the last few years.

Comment

Ideally, Flowers would be dealt away. But I think we are stuck with having him somewhere on the OL so RT is where I would put him. He will most likely stink there so he goes after 2018 after we dont exercise his 5th year option. Thats why I am thinking the OL will take 2 years to complete.
                            Unless Flowers plays out of his mind this season i dont see him here after 2018 either.

I hope he can turn the page this season, but im not holding my breath.

OL could take 1 year, but there alot of if's

IF Wheeler steps up and becomes the LT he was projected to become before his off the field issues
                            IF we sign Norwell
                            IF we draft Wynn/Hernandez/Price/or Ragnow
                            IF Flowers steps up and becomes a good RT or we draft a top tier OT in the 1st

Then again you know what they say about ifs and buts....

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
                              Pay Pugh and let him play LT.
                              While i AM a fan of his, i think hes gonna ask for too much money especially with the checkered injury history

Comment

While i AM a fan of his, i think hes gonna ask for too much money especially with the checkered injury history
                                His injury history is definitely a huge concern. He's not worth what he will ask for.

Comment

Working...
                                X