Offensive lines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

I don't trust his back, and other myriad of injuries he has sustained in the last few years.
    This. Nor would I pay him OLT money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

Unless Flowers plays out of his mind this season i dont see him here after 2018 either.

I hope he can turn the page this season, but im not holding my breath.

OL could take 1 year, but there alot of if's

IF Wheeler steps up and becomes the LT he was projected to become before his off the field issues
      IF we sign Norwell
      IF we draft Wynn/Hernandez/Price/or Ragnow
      IF Flowers steps up and becomes a good RT or we draft a top tier OT in the 1st

Then again you know what they say about ifs and buts....
      I think just bringing in Norwell and a top rookie isn't enough. They'll need to do more. If this draft is deep at interior linemen then they should also draft an interior OL player in the mid rounds and sign at least 1 FA OT to compete with Wheeler and Flowers.
      All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post

I think just bringing in Norwell and a top rookie isn't enough. They'll need to do more. If this draft is deep at interior linemen then they should also draft an interior OL player in the mid rounds and sign at least 1 FA OT to compete with Wheeler and Flowers.
        I agree with taking more than 1 interior ol in the draft. Problem a FA LT is that there are 3 decent FA OT's and only 1 is an LT
        Last edited by Kase-1; 02-14-2018, 01:04 PM.
        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

• Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

Ideally, Flowers would be dealt away. But I think we are stuck with having him somewhere on the OL so RT is where I would put him. He will most likely stink there so he goes after 2018 after we dont exercise his 5th year option. Thats why I am thinking the OL will take 2 years to complete.
          Yeah, I cant imagine the extra layer of complexity (being on the right opposed to the left) will help Flowers and his technical issues.

To me, if he's not our LT he should be on the bench or cut. As weird as it sounds. OG is absolutely not an option.

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
            Pay Pugh and let him play LT.
            nah...dont think he can hack it
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

Yeah, I cant imagine the extra layer of complexity (being on the right opposed to the left) will help Flowers and his technical issues.

To me, if he's not our LT he should be on the bench or cut. As weird as it sounds. OG is absolutely not an option.
              I agree, but with limited resources in cap space and a bunch of other needs, I cant see him not playing this year. And I agree, he would be even worse at guard. That is not an option at all. He is a simple flop and not an NFL player at all.

Comment

Working...
              X