Letís thank Jerry Reese

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letís thank Jerry Reese

it amazes me that we have such a difficult time picking talent. I am looking at an Eagles team that won an SB without their young starting QB, trades throughout the year to get one of the top backs in the league, has 7 quality defensive lineman, plus one of the top offensive lines in the NFL. During the same time our offensive line has become a laughing stock, we have little or no pass rush, a non existent linebacking corps and absolutely no running game. This is the legacy of Jerry Reese, what an absolute clown.

JR is gone, it's over now he's paid for his bad drafting and stubbornness with his job.

I was as down on him as any other fan out there but now that he's an ex-Giant I'm going to hold on to the fact he was at the helm for 2 super bowl victories in 4 years.

I never agreed with John Mara's assessment that he was an elite GM but he wasn't terrible either. He did bring some great talent in here over the years that's indisputable.

it's time to look forward not back. Gettleman and Shurmur have alot of work ahead I would rather focus on that.

Comment

The Superbowl was a high scoring game.

Comment

When the giants won the super bowl, they had a strong roster as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
          I think it was the Highest scoring game in SB History. As far as JR, Adios Mano.... But the Eagles and more than a few other teams benefited from good GM's, that weren't obstinate, and dealt with problems they knew had to be fixed. Ram's, Vikings and of course the Eagles.I sure hope Gettleman gets it, as we face the SB Champs twice (pains me to think about it)

Comment

One thing to think about....

We fired Tom Coughlin to keep Ben McAdoo from going to the Ealges, making him our HC and the Ealges had to go with plan B which was Doug Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by nobait4me View Post
              it amazes me that we have such a difficult time picking talent. I am looking at an Eagles team that won an SB without their young starting QB, trades throughout the year to get one of the top backs in the league, has 7 quality defensive lineman, plus one of the top offensive lines in the NFL. During the same time our offensive line has become a laughing stock, we have little or no pass rush, a non existent linebacking corps and absolutely no running game. This is the legacy of Jerry Reese, what an absolute clown.
              ​​​​​​Depends on who you are. I personally thank Reese for the two Rings during his time as GM and the guys he drafted/acquired that contributed to those championships.

​​​​​

It is when one is working within limits, that the master begins to reveal himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                The sky is blue

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

We fired Tom Coughlin to keep Ben McAdoo from going to the Ealges, making him our HC and the Ealges had to go with plan B which was Doug Peterson.
                  I thought about this throughout the game, especially when Pederson made the gutsy calls. I also thought about Duce Staley coming over to NYG as the OC. Can't hurt to pull talent from a division rival. I also thought about how tightly the Giants played the eventual SB champs both times.

Comment

I never understand these comparisons. There are 29 other NFL teams that also did not win the SB yesterday.

It's very hard in the NFL to build a roster good enough to win a superbowl. It's even harder to stay competitive year after year. At least, they are back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post

The sky is blue
                      Not all of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

OUCH!!!!!!Don't ever utter those words again.....
                        Long Live the King

Comment

First, some people didn't want to give JR any credit for the 2 SBs that the Giants won while he was GM, and now we're blaming him because the Eagles won a SB after he was fired?

JR definitely deserved his share of the blame for the present state of the Giants, but there was plenty of blame to go around. But with that said, JR, TC and McAdoo are the past. It's time to focus on the future with the new regime of Gettleman and Shurmur.
                          Last edited by kingcap88; 02-05-2018, 10:34 AM.
                          One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

You left out that they won the SB missing their starting LT for most of the season too. Their backup LT is obviously worlds better than our starter, Reese destroyed this team and we are screwed for years to come the Eagles will be replacing the Pats as the new dynasty now. This is the worst case scenario we could have ever imagined. If they can win it all with a backup QB and backup LT wait until Wentz and Peters are healthy next year.

Comment

This dead horse again?

Reese was the GM responsible for the Giants winning two Super Bowls. Itís very hard to maintain superiority in professional sports, canít we simply be grateful for what he did for the franchise while effective and let go of the past few years?

On balance he was a very positive force in NY Giants history.

Comment

Working...
                              X