Letís thank Jerry Reese

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigal1giant View Post

I might thank Reese for the second ring but the 2007 draft was a product of Accorsi's doing and Reese was fortunate to follow through on it! I'm not sure it's not someone going overboard with the accolades for JR when he was pretty much the primary factor of putting this team in the position it's in now. F him! Lets hope Gettleman has a much better view of talent and a knowledge of what this team needs for the next few drafts!
    Accosi did nothing. He also had many bad years.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigal1giant View Post

I might thank Reese for the second ring but the 2007 draft was a product of Accorsi's doing and Reese was fortunate to follow through on it! I'm not sure it's not someone going overboard with the accolades for JR when he was pretty much the primary factor of putting this team in the position it's in now. F him! Lets hope Gettleman has a much better view of talent and a knowledge of what this team needs for the next few drafts!
      Can you explain to me how the 2007 draft was the doing of a guy who had been gone for three months already?

I'm not really sure I care about the answer anyway.

The perfect Southpark Beat Horse Animated GIF for your conversation. Discover and Share the best GIFs on Tenor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Can you explain to me how the 2007 draft was the doing of a guy who had been gone for three months already?

I'm not really sure I care about the answer anyway.

In so many ways, but I won't even waste my time because I know you have no chance of understanding it.

Comment

• Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

In so many ways, but I won't even waste my time because I know you have no chance of understanding it.
          That's cool since I was talking to bigal1giant anyway.

Comment

• I think the Eagles GM just showed how inept and lost JR was the past couple seasons with his moves. I mean they gave up draft picks to get Carson Wentz who looks like a future HOF type player and then traded a guy that they really didn't have any need for, Sam Bradford for a 1st round pick. Jimmy Garrappolo didn't even get traded for a 1st round pick but somehow Howie Roseman got a 1st round pick for Sam f'ing Bradford. Then he gets Jay Ajayi for peanuts and signing Nick Foles and cutting Chase Daniel ended up being a prescient move as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

We got those guys because JR spent a couple years working contracts so we would have the cap room. So we were able to bring in three young vets on long term deals who could contribute immediately.
              If he does a better job as General manager perhaps we would not need the vests that we spent so much money on, I donít understand why you do not get this point

Comment

• Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post

And the current state of the Giants is what got JR fired. While I'm thrilled JR is gone, Gettleman is the GM now and I'm focusing on how he plans to address the draft, free agency, tweaking the roster, etc. JR is the past and a non-factor moving forward.
                people can be gone but the bitter memories linger for awhile..

Comment

• Originally posted by JesseJames View Post

How long is "a while"?

Comment

• Zack Deossie is more instrumental in the 2 SB wins than Jerry Reach. Look, the guy could not put together a consistently good all around team. It's not an easy task since only 3-4 teams have been doing it during the same time. But this guy inherited a HOF coach and QB. All he had to do was put together some nice pieces and this team would run away with the division every year.

The Colts and Pats did it. They got the QB and all the GM had to do was put together a decent O line. Reese really had one job on offense and that was to put together a quality o line. He failed miserably. He was so lucky to inherit the two HOFers and ended up riding their coattails for 2 SB wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post

I wouldn't be shocked if our 4-0 lead in SB rings becomes 4-4 before we ever get to 5. We've been lucky up til now they lost both SBs they were in, they've made the playoffs twice as much as we have. They've already been a much better team overall for the past 10 years already we just had two fluky playoff runs mixed in. What are they like 16-4 against us the past 10 years? 17-3? And it looks like it's only going to get worse...
                      Eagles have owned this team for several seasons now
                      Vince Young beat the 2011 SB team for God's sake
                      in NY lol

Comment

• Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                        Zack Deossie is more instrumental in the 2 SB wins than Jerry Reach. Look, the guy could not put together a consistently good all around team. It's not an easy task since only 3-4 teams have been doing it during the same time. But this guy inherited a HOF coach and QB. All he had to do was put together some nice pieces and this team would run away with the division every year.

The Colts and Pats did it. They got the QB and all the GM had to do was put together a decent O line. Reese really had one job on offense and that was to put together a quality o line. He failed miserably. He was so lucky to inherit the two HOFers and ended up riding their coattails for 2 SB wins.
                        Wait, the Colts did it? When did this happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Wait, the Colts did it? When did this happen?
                          Late 90s into the 2000s.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post

The sky is blue
                            Not here
                            1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

• Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

Late 90s into the 2000s.
                              How many Lombardis did they win?

Comment

• Originally posted by JesseJames View Post

Unfortunately, very true
                                1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Working...
                                X