Here's how the Giants can get to the Super Bowl next year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post

Study the playbook. Many routes dont take a long time to develop and Eli had time to throw the ball to his receivers plenty of times.
    true...but how much time did he have to go through his reads? More times than not it was pretty much first or second read and throw.

OL is/ was a problem no matter how you slice it or twist it. With that said I also think when Eli had more time on individual plays he fell short in his performance. Eli is now one of the problems with the offense.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFyNcogwZog

ereck flowers = athleticism is the chalenge

bottom line of the analytics is that he is not even an average NFL athlete, let alone an elite top ten pick type of an athlete

look how low those minimum starter numbers are though
      he is far above the worst starter in the league, as crazy as that may sound

FWIW

i found it interesting
      Last edited by bigpoppy; 02-09-2018, 10:29 AM.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02WaR5gWNGA

defense was worse than the offense

the team was really bad at everything

blow it up and draft a future QB???
        Last edited by bigpoppy; 02-09-2018, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post

true...but how much time did he have to go through his reads? More times than not it was pretty much first or second read and throw.

OL is/ was a problem no matter how you slice it or twist it. With that said I also think when Eli had more time on individual plays he fell short in his performance. Eli is now one of the problems with the offense.
          There are only 5 main blocker and the defense can send more thwn the O-line can block. Many teams have O-line problems then. Look at Tampa. How about the Bills and Bengals.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
            This place cracks me up.

2015 Cowboys - 4-12
            2016 Cowboys - 13-3

2016 Eagles - 7-9
            2017 Eagles - 13-3 Super Bowl Champs

2016 Rams - 4-12 (14 PPG) 32nd in league
            2017 Rams - 11-5 (29.9 PPG) 1st in league

I'm not saying the Giants will 100% be better next year, but it is very foolish to think they can't be better next year. Especially since free agency and the draft has not happened yet.
            ok, the 2015 cowboys had brandon weeden and company playing QB for them which was why they were so awful. the 2016 rams and eagles both had rookie QBs. i'm not saying the giants are going to be 3-13 again next year, but i think it's definitely going to be a two steps forward one step back kind of season.

Comment

There are only 5 main blocker and the defense can send more thwn the O-line can block. Many teams have O-line problems then. Look at Tampa. How about the Bills and Bengals.
              Yeah so....
              the Oline is still THE issue. Plain and simple. We need oline help as a primary not receiver help
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Yeah so....
                the Oline is still THE issue. Plain and simple. We need oline help as a primary not receiver help
                No it is not. Defense is. Yet since new gm let some go I heard, now it is.

Comment

Lack of route developement? Many routes have one move or two in the family tree. You are actually saying the receivers didn't complete their route making them be unable to look for the ball.

many bad blocking can be due to bad coaching wich I see when I saw the O-line pass block.
                  No What i was saying is the QB had no time because the line protection was so bad to let the route develop. It was blatant every game for the past 2 seasons.
                  There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

No it is not. Defense is. Yet since new gm let some go I heard, now it is.
                    so what on D do we need more than quality Oline players both starters and depth

Comment

so what on D do we need more than quality Oline players?
                      A pass rusher.

Comment

Originally posted by Elidagoat713 View Post

A pass rusher.
                        yes this is true but
                        not more than oline help.

Comment

so what on D do we need more than quality Oline players?
                          Lbs and faster cover guys.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

No What i was saying is the QB had no time because the line protection was so bad to let the route develop. It was blatant every game for the past 2 seasons.
                            Not true at all. Put up the Pats stats and the Giants. Brady has only a thousand more yards than Eli. Brady and Breese along with some others have been putting up freakish numbers for years and Eli should be right with them.

Comment

Not true at all. Put up the Pats stats and the Giants. Brady has only a thousand more yards than Eli. Brady and Breese along with some others have been putting up freakish numbers for years and Eli should be right with them.
                              Pats had #1 O in the league Giants had the 21st. Pats scored 11 more points per game on average. The two offenses were not close or similar at all

Comment

I would prefer to say that we need to "create an OL."

We are no longer "rebuilding that sorry unit." There is nothing to rebuild.
                                If we have 5 new parts next year (unlikely) it wouldn't bother me.
                                None of them are really worth fighting to keep.

The good news is that upgrading every spot will not be difficult.
                                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                                X