Landon Collins was right about Bill Belichick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landon Collins was right about Bill Belichick

A couple weeks ago some people here were roasting Landon Collins for say he would not like to play in a system like Bill Belichick, and now the truth is coming out from Pats players. Bill cost the Pats the Super Bowl. Before the game he told his team that Malcolm Butler would not play in the game. Butler played in 98% of the D snaps this year and is their best DB and former Super Bowl hero. So his decision allowed Nick Foles to light them up for 370 yards and 3 TDs and as a team put up 580 yards. To make matters worse the Pats 33 points is the most points ever in the Super Bowl for a losing team. The benching of Butler cost them this game.

"A locker room was divided pre game, most yds ever given in up in a SB game, and your best defender over the past 3 seasons. Doesn’t get a snap. You where hurt/burnt where he was needed tonight. #Foolishpride." That was the tweet from former Pats player Brandon Browner and it was liked by Don'ta Hightower, current Pats defensive captain.

To make things worse Bill said it was not a rules decision, it was a football decision......BS.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

He thought they could beat the eagles without butler and was wrong. It cost him the superbowl. Still it's over up there in NE.
    The Coordinators are taking other coaches with them. All signs point to Bill leaving, Doubt Brady stays and learns a new system and plays for another coach.

Admin test
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-06-2018, 09:12 AM.

Comment

IDK, the hidden facts. But, what IF he was involved in a criminal act. Whether, sexual or violent incident.
      Again, IDK until one sheds light as to why.
      My thinking is that if it was curfiew. I can see him sitting a quarter or a half game. So it could be something deeper then what it appears to be.

Comment

He was 5 minutes late for a team meeting.

Comment

Glad to see that discipline is still important to someone, if that was the reason he only let Butler play on Sp.Teams!
          Let's face it.....these players nowadays, think they can act anyway they please, without consequences.
          The protestations and criticism of coaches, by friends and teammates of the player who is being disciplined, is meaningless.They'll forgive their buddies anything and everything.
          Keeping ones teammates in line, seems to be a lost practice.
          They think they'll slide on discipline, because the HC "needs them" for the big game, and that's the attitude that needs to be nipped in the bud.
          "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

I read a rumor about him being caught with pot. He should have gotten hammered and been hungover for the game like a law abiding citizen.

"Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all – land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

None of us have any idea what went on with the Pats and Butler. If it was something minor, why doesn’t Butler come out and say so?

Comment

Its pretty hard to criticize a coach for a decision that he made based on information we do not have.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                  Its pretty hard to criticize a coach for a decision that he made based on information we do not have.
                  lol ya think?!
                  Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-06-2018, 09:20 AM.
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

its actually pretty easy, look at the posts above...

Comment

Not here it’s not. Facts have no relevance for most here....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                        A couple weeks ago some people here were roasting Landon Collins for say he would not like to play in a system like Bill Belichick, and now the truth is coming out from Pats players. Bill cost the Pats the Super Bowl. Before the game he told his team that Malcolm Butler would not play in the game. Butler played in 98% of the D snaps this year and is their best DB and former Super Bowl hero. So his decision allowed Nick Foles to light them up for 370 yards and 3 TDs and as a team put up 580 yards. To make matters worse the Pats 33 points is the most points ever in the Super Bowl for a losing team. The benching of Butler cost them this game.

"A locker room was divided pre game, most yds ever given in up in a SB game, and your best defender over the past 3 seasons. Doesn’t get a snap. You where hurt/burnt where he was needed tonight. #Foolishpride." That was the tweet from former Pats player Brandon Browner and it was liked by Don'ta Hightower, current Pats defensive captain.

To make things worse Bill said it was not a rules decision, it was a football decision......BS.
                        lol of course collins wouldn't want to play for bill b. bill b is very hard on his players its his way or the highway. And Bill b way is pretty damn successful. 8 superbowl appearances and 5 wins.
                        your missing the point of bill b system. If he wasnt so hard on his players, they probably wouldnt of been at the superbowl anyways.

And if bulter did miss curfew and smoked weed like the reports are saying i dont see how anyone could be upset about his benching. if butler is dumb of enough to do those things before the biggest game if his life he shouldnt be on the field.
                        [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

lol of course collins wouldn't want to play for bill b. bill b is very hard on his players its his way or the highway. And Bill b way is pretty damn successful. 8 superbowl appearances and 5 wins.
                          your missing the point of bill b system. If he wasnt so hard on his players, they probably wouldnt of been at the superbowl anyways.

And if bulter did miss curfew and smoked weed like the reports are saying i dont see how anyone could be upset about his benching. if butler is dumb of enough to do those things before the biggest game if his life he shouldnt be on the field.
                          Michael Kay was saying it is also rumored that there may have been repeat violations of the same issue. BB gave him an ultimatum, and he broke it again, prompting the benching. Of course, without confirmation from any of the parties involved, it really is just rumor.

Comment

It will eventually leak out as to what the real reason was, and does anyone really think BB would bench him for the whole game (other than a few ST plays) without a serious violation or reason? Come on.......

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeGiant View Post
                              It will eventually leak out as to what the real reason was, and does anyone really think BB would bench him for the whole game (other than a few ST plays) without a serious violation or reason? Come on.......
                              No of course not. My issue is why let him dress at all if he isn't going to play? So what ever he did was so bad he couldn't play, but not bad enough to not dress him? If it was pot or curfew or what ever other infraction then I could see benching him for a quarter or even a half. Why punish 52 other players and an entire coaching staff ect over some minor issue? Also Bill said it was a football decision. So all we can judge is off of the facts at hand. Right now that's all we know.

The point I'm making is not to criticize Bill or say his system doesn't work (although this time it didn't). My point is that many of his players do not like playing for him and in that system. People here acted like Collins was a moron for saying he wouldn't like to play for him.
                              LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Working...
                              X