Landon Collins was right about Bill Belichick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

I guess I'm not understanding your argument. Are you suggesting that Malcolm Butler not playing on defense helped the New England offense "put up 600+"?
    No I am saying he would have made zero difference They were the 30th ranked pass defense in the regular season with him . How anyone would believe the best Corner on one of the worst Pass Defenses would have made a difference. IMO:is unrealistic. It is like saying if Pugh( our best O-linemen ) on a bad O-line would have not got injured the Giants would won more then 3 Games. I fail to see the logic in that assumption.
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

I guess I'm not understanding your argument. Are you suggesting that Malcolm Butler not playing on defense helped the New England offense "put up 600+"?
      LMAO. I'm glad I'm not the only one confused by TEMs responses here. I'm going to assume he is drunk.

Originally posted by TEM View Post
      Your point that a DB is the reason NE lost the game
      Do you read my posts? How many times do I have to say that is not my point? I'm not saying that.
      LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
      "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
        LMAO. I'm glad I'm not the only one confused by TEMs responses here. I'm going to assume he is drunk.

Do you read my posts? How many times do I have to say that is not my point? I'm not saying that.
        Then what is it ?
        There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

• "Butler played in 98% of the D snaps this year and is their best DB and former Super Bowl hero. So his decision allowed Nick Foles to light them up for 370 yards and 3 TDs and as a team put up 580 yards. To make matters worse the Pats 33 points is the most points ever in the Super Bowl for a losing team. The benching of Butler cost them this game."

Because this statement suggests you feel benching a DB Is exactly why NE lost.

And you say I'm drunk.

Last edited by TEM; 02-13-2018, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TEM View Post

No I am saying he would have made zero difference They were the 30th ranked pass defense in the regular season with him . How anyone would believe the best Corner on one of the worst Pass Defenses would have made a difference. IMO:is unrealistic. It is like saying if Pugh( our best O-linemen ) on a bad O-line would have not got injured the Giants would won more then 3 Games. I fail to see the logic in that assumption.
            They were ranked 30th in YARDS. They were also the 5th best D in scoring giving up 18.5 points per game and suddenly gave up 41 points. How anyone could think that taking the best defender off of any team would not effect them is insane. I'm not even saying the Pats win with him (to be clear AGAIN).

"Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

They were ranked 30th in YARDS. They were also the 5th best D in scoring giving up 18.5 points per game and suddenly gave up 41 points. How anyone could think that taking the best defender off of any team would not effect them is insane. I'm not even saying the Pats win with him (to be clear AGAIN).
              Now he is their best Defender . How did you draw that conclusion?

Was it his 2 Ints ?

Harmon had 4

Was it his 55 tackles ?

McCourty had 77
              Chung had 67
              Van Noy had 58

Was it his 1 sack

Van Noy had 5
              Flowers had 6
              Wise had 5
              Lee had 3

Comment

Ok so you made mistake and said the benching of Butler cost them the game instead of saying effecting the game. Maybe u didnt realize it so TEM reminded you of it. Its over and I think its time to let this one go.

Comment

• Originally posted by TEM View Post
                  Because this statement suggests you feel benching a DB Is exactly why NE lost.
                  You quoted what I said tonight though and replied to it, not that quote. That quote has nothing to do with what you quote which is why I am baffled by your response. We can let this die now if you want. I have cleared up my thoughts on the matter over and over.

Originally posted by jay051 View Post
                  Ok so you made mistake and said the benching of Butler cost them the game instead of saying effecting the game. Maybe u didnt realize it so TEM reminded you of it. Its over and I think its time to let this one go.
                  I know I said that and have since changed my opinion. I know that doesn't happen much on the internet but I'm not that stubborn lol.

"Next man up"

Comment

• Originally posted by jay051 View Post

How do you know that him saying that benching Butler cost them the game is a "mistake"? Maybe it did. Maybe it didn't. NO ONE (including you) knows whether it did or didn't.

And, whether it did or didn't isn't really the issue anyway. The issue is whether or not benching a perfectly healthy player for an unknown reason is the sign of a wise coach. Ben McAdoo could have gone with Davis Webb as the Giants' starter from game 1. Maybe the Giants would have done better than 3-13. Maybe they would have done worse (i.e. 2-14, 1-15, or 0-16). Who knows? But you'd better believe that there would be people with opinions about McAdoo's decision. Would there be as many questions if Eli Manning had torn his ACL in week 3 of the preseason? I kind of doubt it. But the fact that Eli was perfectly healthy going into the regular season would make things a whole lot more debatable.

Comment

You quoted what I said tonight though and replied to it, not that quote. That quote has nothing to do with what you quote which is why I am baffled by your response. We can let this die now if you want. I have cleared up my thoughts on the matter over and over.
                      The entire premise of the point i was the benching of the DB had nothing to with the loss . If you read all my posts i gave reason why benching an at best average NFL Corner was a non factor. There were many other factors that came into play for the loss. Now if Butler was a top to NFL corner ( he is not ) I would have agreed with you,

Comment

• MaCadoodoo's name should never be mentioned in the same sentence with Belicheck, ever! One's going into the HOF as possibly the greatest HC ever while the other one is a 1st ballot shoo-in for the hall of shame alongside the already enshrined & esteemed HC Handley & HC Kotite.

Comment

I know I said that and have since changed my opinion. I know that doesn't happen much on the internet but I'm not that stubborn lol.

Never thought you were to begin with.

Comment

How do you know that him saying that benching Butler cost them the game is a "mistake"? Maybe it did. Maybe it didn't. NO ONE (including you) knows whether it did or didn't.

And, whether it did or didn't isn't really the issue anyway. The issue is whether or not benching a perfectly healthy player for an unknown reason is the sign of a wise coach. Ben McAdoo could have gone with Davis Webb as the Giants' starter from game 1. Maybe the Giants would have done better than 3-13. Maybe they would have done worse (i.e. 2-14, 1-15, or 0-16). Who knows? But you'd better believe that there would be people with opinions about McAdoo's decision. Would there be as many questions if Eli Manning had torn his ACL in week 3 of the preseason? I kind of doubt it. But the fact that Eli was perfectly healthy going into the regular season would make things a whole lot more debatable.
                            Well he answered your question. He changed his opinion from his first post. It has nothing to do Butler but only "His opinion". You have to know the history of why i wrote that.

Comment

Working...
                            X