Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article: Justin Pugh and Geno Smith Headline list of 25 NYG Free Agents

I am fine with most of these guys moving on:

With a new coaching staff and a long list of potential free agents, the Giants have several interesting decisions to make this offseason.

I want to keep Fluker, Darkwa, Casillas and King.

No much else worth keeping in my opinion.

Edit: I like Kennard too.
    Last edited by Tommy_Ribs; 02-06-2018, 03:06 PM. Reason: Adding Kennard to the Keeper List.

Comment

Keep Fluker, Darkwa, Cockrell and Kennard. Would also bring back Greco on a vet minimum deal. All else can go.

Comment

If we don't take a QB with the #2, then we'll probably need to keep Geno. He's the second-best QB on staff right now.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
          Keep Fluker, Darkwa, Cockrell and Kennard. Would also bring back Greco on a vet minimum deal. All else can go.
          i'd bring back keenan robinson as well, he was good when healthy and can cover,make a reasonable offer to pugh, but he won't take it, since he will get paid, but ya never know, tavarres king maybe on the cheap is also a good deal for the NYG, geno smith only if you think webb is a bust b/c despite the fan hate geno is a very good back up QB

2 cents

Comment

Gotta keep Jones. Robinson and Casillas are good players when healthy but they can't stay on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

i'd bring back keenan robinson as well, he was good when healthy and can cover,make a reasonable offer to pugh, but he won't take it, since he will get paid, but ya never know, tavarres king maybe on the cheap is also a good deal for the NYG, geno smith only if you think webb is a bust b/c despite the fan hate geno is a very good back up QB

2 cents
              Not a Robinson guy. He is always hurt. And bad vs the run. If its at vet minimum then sure.

Comment

Pugh - only at the right price. Like vet minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                  +1

Kennard and Cockrell are the must re-signs IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post
                    If we don't take a QB with the #2, then we'll probably need to keep Geno. He's the second-best QB on staff right now.
                    I feel the opposite is true. No way should Geno be on the roster. Either roll with Eli and Webb, Eli and #2 pick, or Eli, Webb and #2 pick. For starters, if we do not pick a QB, I want Webb getting all the backup reps, not being relegate to scout team duties again. There is a huge advantage to only having 2 QBs on the roster, and iron man Eli helps make that possible.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

I feel the opposite is true. No way should Geno be on the roster. Either roll with Eli and Webb, Eli and #2 pick, or Eli, Webb and #2 pick. For starters, if we do not pick a QB, I want Webb getting all the backup reps, not being relegate to scout team duties again. There is a huge advantage to only having 2 QBs on the roster, and iron man Eli helps make that possible.
                      I don't feel comfortable going into the season with only Eli and Davis Webb. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Comment

Geno is a waste of a roster space. I doubt that they cut Webb so to keep Geno you need to carry 3 QBs.
                        Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                          Pugh - only at the right price. Like vet minimum.
                          Package him with Flowers, and we can get rid of TWO of our last 5 first-round picks!

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post
                            Geno is a waste of a roster space. I doubt that they cut Webb so to keep Geno you need to carry 3 QBs.
                            Well, you know what my solution would be!

Anyway, a lot of teams carry three quarterbacks (most, actually). They may stick the #3 on the practice squad, but they have three on the payroll.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

I couldn't agree more. Smith is gone!

Comment

Working...
                              X