Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This position is key to winning a SB for Giants.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by NYG#80 View Post
    The Giants need a top RB. The Cowboys have Elliot, the Eagles have Blount and Ajayi. Barkley is the guy.
    The Eagles have Clement too. They have 3 and weíre not sure we have 1.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by couchcoach100 View Post

      Trent Dilfer 2000 Baltimore Ravens kicked the Giants *****. It was a very sad day and one of the worst performances of a Super Bowl Team I had saw in a long time. Besides the Dominic Dixon Kick Off Return for a TD the Giants did absolutely nothing against arguably the best Defense in the NFL to ever see the field.

      Ray Lewis was unstoppable and played an almost perfect game or as perfect a game a LB could play. On Offense Jamaal Lewis was a Rookie RB that really wracked up some yardage against a pretty Stout Giants Defense. I was thinking what in the world happened to this Giants Team in the Biggest Game of the Season. It was as if the Giants didn't show up and looked totally unprepared for that Ravens team. Coud be one of the reasons Fassel isn't a coach in the NFL anymore also
      One of the only times I've been embarased as a giants fan. The Giants offense played scared! The only person that really showed up was Ike Hilliard. And Jason Sehorn forgot to wear a belt. SMH.

      Comment


      • #48
        I agree strongly.

        We had a few guys who didnít make the final cut who should have been given more of an opportunity during preseason last year.

        we also decided to roster Shane smith who was an absolute BEAST but he was never given a role nor did he play more than 1 or 2 snaps before the cut him at the end of September. I guess it was because we were leading the league in rushing yards per game and attempt at that point in the season. Smh.

        The more ore I think about it, the more I realize just how bad McAdoo was. There isnít one thing where you can look back and say, ďhe did that well.Ē This was a good example.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by alwaysready View Post
          I agree strongly.

          We had a few guys who didnít make the final cut who should have been given more of an opportunity during preseason last year.

          we also decided to roster Shane smith who was an absolute BEAST but he was never given a role nor did he play more than 1 or 2 snaps before the cut him at the end of September. I guess it was because we were leading the league in rushing yards per game and attempt at that point in the season. Smh.

          The more ore I think about it, the more I realize just how bad McAdoo was. There isnít one thing where you can look back and say, ďhe did that well.Ē This was a good example.
          he did get elis pass comp percentage up. but not much else. as im looking back at the years you can see even the Pats had a good powerback.

          Comment


          • #50
            The question is, how good are the QBs on this draft compared to Webb?

            Comment


            • #51
              Draft Barkley & OL in rds 2-3-4! Sign 1-2 good FA linemen. This team has been lacking a power run game since the BJ/AB days. We need to get back to that. A dominating clock eating run game will wear down the opposing D while giving our D a much needed breather on the sidelines, something this O hasn't provided for this D in yrs.

              Comment


              • #52
                I agree that a RB that can grind out tough yards is worth A LOT.

                this is what Fournette was for the Jags. Minnesota also was committed to the power run game. It is great for any QB

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by jay051 View Post

                  Cmon...so you have to be locked up for another contract to be considered a franchise qb?? Is this really your view??

                  Anyways you mentioned that you dont have to be a great qb or franchise qb to win which is true but how often does that happen??
                  Flacco is only a franchise QB in salary only.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

                    Such an important position that the Eagles picked up Blount for a 1 year $2.8M deal (over $1.5 in incentives) after he scored 18TD's the year before

                    65K posts of nonsense and still going strong!

                    .
                    2.8 million for a year? Why the heck didn't we sign him?
                    #80

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

                      Flacco is only a franchise QB in salary only.
                      Flacco was gonna get paid whether he won the SuperBowl or not. He helped his team make the playoffs every year from his rookie year to his SuperBowl year. He was established as a franchise qb after a few years in the league.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post

                        2.8 million for a year? Why the heck didn't we sign him?
                        We had a stupid GM.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by jay051 View Post

                          Flacco was gonna get paid whether he won the SuperBowl or not. He helped his team make the playoffs every year from his rookie year to his SuperBowl year. He was established as a franchise qb after a few years in the league.
                          I thought their defense was the reason they made the playoffs. He's more inconsistent than Eli.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

                            I thought their defense was the reason they made the playoffs. He's more inconsistent than Eli.
                            Their defense was the main reason they made the playoffs but he brought stability to that position. Flacco was gonna get paid by someone had the ravens not ponied up.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                              I think a power back is the most important key. think about it Jacobs was a battering ram. look at the eagles with blount. You wear the D down with a power back. then the pass opens up and you just need a decent QB, does not have to be a "franchise" or "great QB" .
                              Itís something Iíve missed since BJ and even Bradshaw left.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by couchcoach100 View Post

                                Trent Dilfer 2000 Baltimore Ravens kicked the Giants *****. It was a very sad day and one of the worst performances of a Super Bowl Team I had saw in a long time. Besides the Dominic Dixon Kick Off Return for a TD the Giants did absolutely nothing against arguably the best Defense in the NFL to ever see the field.

                                Ray Lewis was unstoppable and played an almost perfect game or as perfect a game a LB could play. On Offense Jamaal Lewis was a Rookie RB that really wracked up some yardage against a pretty Stout Giants Defense. I was thinking what in the world happened to this Giants Team in the Biggest Game of the Season. It was as if the Giants didn't show up and looked totally unprepared for that Ravens team. Coud be one of the reasons Fassel isn't a coach in the NFL anymore also
                                Painful memories dude. I was down in Jamaica on vacation to propose to my g/f and it all went well ( she said yes) until that game. Remember sitting in some crappy room watching the worst QB in nfl history to win a SB. Most of the fans there were obnoxious raven fans (alot of them toothless hicks) and they acted like they had a better QB than ours at the time. I mean I know that Kerry Collins was no world beater but he had just come off of a beat down of the Vikes two weeks prior and every giant fan was stunned. I mean Trent freakin Dilfer, definition of a game manager right there.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X