Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This position is key to winning a SB for Giants.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

Itís something Iíve missed since BJ and even Bradshaw left.
    That's why we cannot pass up on Barkley. Mark my words, if we let the Browns get both a QB #1 & Barkley #4, they will be in the playoffs sooner than the Giants will. Barkley & an improved /revamped OL will give Eli new life these last 2-3 yrs , possibly get us a 3rd SB before he hangs em up & set up Webb to do well when he takes the reigns. Webb just has to be good enough to not cost us games with stupid turnovers. Let the run game & D win the game. How good did a rookie QB look in Dallas last yr when he won ROTY with a great OL & Pro Bowl RB to make life easier for him & put him in easy 2nd & 4 or 3rd & 2 situations almost every game last yr. How did that same QB look this yr with that Pro Bowl RB outta the lineup for 6 weeks & that OL having lost 2 of the previous yr's starters to retirement & injury? A dominant run game is every QBs best friend, Eli hasn't had a best friend in many a yr.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post

God I miss Jacobs...
      Youíd be hard pressed to find better. Thanks for pulling that up

Comment

Was Zeke Elliot in the Super Bowl? Todd Gurley? Leveon Bell? Kareem Hunt? Those super star running backs are nice to have but their trams become too reliant upon them, that when theyíre down (injured/suspended/etc) the team flails without them. The top teams didnít have a feature back but usually a RB by committe. The Eagles stole our Thunder-Lightening Blueprint. Have a battering ram back and a fast scatback. When we had blocking, Darkwa and Gallman showed they could get plenty of yards. We can win with our backs. We need Olinemen, linebackers and corners who donít let up on effort.

There are 3 vital positions vital to winning. Good Head Coach? Check. Good GM? Check. Good QB? TBD. Hopefully we get a final year of vintage Eli and another ring while Darnold or Mayfield wait to take over.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Such an important position that the Eagles picked up Blount for a 1 year $2.8M deal (over $1.5 in incentives) after he scored 18TD's the year before

65K posts of nonsense and still going strong!

+1

You cant make this stuff up...

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

Itís something Iíve missed since BJ and even Bradshaw left.
            someone to wear down a D and get the 3rd and 1. some just try to insult me for the sake of doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post

someone to wear down a D and get the 3rd and 1. some just try to insult me for the sake of doing so.
              you are right we need to have that one two punch but they still will need some room to run,if they go QB in the first round they can get some good power backs a little later guisse from auburn or chubb from georgia would do the trick I wish sony michon had more size to him good quick hard runner also.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyDee View Post

The Eagles have Clement too. They have 3 and weíre not sure we have 1.
                Clement is not a top RB. Neither is Blount. They both play their roles well but neither is close to a top RB.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

Clement is not a top RB. Neither is Blount. They both play their roles well but neither is close to a top RB.
                  Exactly. They are great for situational play, and it's common for teams that have most of the pieces in place to bring them in for playoff runs. More like hired guns than team fixtures. Not saying I don't love having a guy like this take it to the opposing defenses.

Comment

I agree, and Tom Coughlin was always good at having a battering ram to compliment his speedy backs. A goof run game loosens up the passing game, and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
                      I agree, and Tom Coughlin was always good at having a battering ram to compliment his speedy backs. A goof run game loosens up the passing game, and vice versa.
                      Did TC think having a big RB meant he didnt need a good QB?

Comment

Originally posted by NYG#80 View Post
                        The Giants need a top RB. The Cowboys have Elliot, the Eagles have Blount and Ajayi. Barkley is the guy.
                        the only way I see the Giants drafting Barkley is if the draft has a lot of good quality O linemen after the first round and they think Webb can be a quality starter at QB..

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post

the only way I see the Giants drafting Barkley is if the draft has a lot of good quality O linemen after the first round and they think Webb can be a quality starter at QB..
                          I agree and given the condition of our roster, a power back is a luxury.
                          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

Did TC think having a big RB meant he didnt need a good QB?
                            Eli got two rings with a power run game,..... he is far from a great QB!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                              I think a power back is the most important key. think about it Jacobs was a battering ram. look at the eagles with blount. You wear the D down with a power back. then the pass opens up and you just need a decent QB, does not have to be a "franchise" or "great QB" .
                              Agreed we should be able to pick one up in the 4th or 5th round.

Comment

Originally posted by futurewebb View Post

Eli got two rings with a power run game,..... he is far from a great QB!!!!
                                I really wish they would fix the ignore feature here.

Comment

Working...
                                X